Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2005, 21:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman
indica is second safest car in its class after palio,indica is already a hit check out the sales figures,

Really..??.. thats news for me!.. Indica the second safest car..
Well i may be wrong, but i dont think that extra metal and weight gives any car more safety.. there are other aspects like side intrusion beams, crumple zones, overall design of the car, air bags, etc. etc. which makes a car safe...
Look at Sumo.. it got so much metal and weight... but its not the safest car i know of....
For a car to be safe, in case of a collision, the driver/passengers should receive minimum of impact.... but that is not the case with Indica, as i have seen many accidents involving that car in Delhi where there has been considerable harm done not only to the car but to the driver as well...
ya.. i do understand that a lot depends on the driver as well .. but to say that Indica the second safest car would be a bit of exaggeration..
Old 25th February 2005, 12:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
there are other aspects like side intrusion beams, crumple zones, overall design of the car, air bags, etc. etc. which makes a car safe...
As I understand, indica has crumple zones, overall design is done by IDEA (correct me if wrong), air bags are non-existent in any B-segment car (GTX discontinued, Wagon-R yet to have all those). Indica probably also has side impact beams, collapsible steering and child lock system.

I have myself witnessed a fast indica ramming into a bus on turn in Aundh (Pune), with all 3 passagers comming out without a single scratch.

Point of this post is that, it may not be the safest, but dismissing anything as waste, without analysis, doesn't do it justice.
Old 19th March 2005, 17:34   #18
BHPian

Sorry for digging this up now. But got curious while reading another thread. What would be bhp of Turbo Indica ? Will it same as Indigo's ? How much diff would this turbo make in the accelaration of Indica ? Again just curious.
Old 19th March 2005, 20:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

yep, guess it'll be same, no point in altering it anyway, the power rise is so small anyway.
Old 19th March 2005, 22:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

With more power those private taxi guys are gonna get zooming on our roads big time. As it is they drive the current Indica like it was a corolla or Octavia RS!
Old 20th March 2005, 01:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

Guys it is way easier to improve the fit and finish or the car and interiors than improving an engine.Tata has just started adding all types of insulation so the cars feel quiet but they are not very refined.
Old 20th March 2005, 03:42   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

The indica has been turboed to meet EIII norms.
It is something TATA cannot help.
Say will there be a change in FE figures.
Oh and i would def. say that the indica is safe.
The ACI incident is one example.
Old 21st March 2005, 11:50   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
The indica has been turboed to meet EIII norms.
Really, I didn't EIII Indica has been turboed. Has there been anychange in power then ?
Old 21st March 2005, 13:17   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile
Just for those who does not know how industry works..

Tata makes Sheetmetal dies for most of indian auto manufacturers.. including ford and toyota. Fiat palio new toolings..made in India :-) by tata....
Interiors of Palio petra are just tata interiors (made by tata auto comp).. In think fiat opts for so low cost options that their interior now sucks.. Those who gets fooled by brand names be aware that tata gonna make Jaguar aluminium dies now...
Are you sure on this information... if yes do let me know the source... I will be glad to comment then...

Most Viewed