Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2005, 21:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

Indica Turbo : How will it be?

There has been a lot of speculation about the upcoming EIII Indica Turbodiesel.
Any ideas on how much the pricing will be? And how much the performance will increase (the weight of Indica is less than Indigo i guess)..
Will it give santro/zen/wagonr a run for its money in terms of performance and FE??....

I am very excited about this car... for me if TATA replaces or rectifies that vague gearshift and improve the interior plastics and some more safety features, this car can be a big hit...!.. watch out Maruti/Hyundai!!

P.S. if two cars, one diesel and other petrol have same bhp figures, which one will be quicker?.. will it be diesel , because of high low end torque?.. or will it be petrol..?..
Old 22nd February 2005, 22:45   #2
BHPian

Dude this is india, once we make a dash board and fit into a car, it stay there for next ten generation cars, and Also its a tata!!! dont expect a superb quality ! remember! they are manufacturers of lorries and it will stay with them untill TATA dies, so my opinion not much change in power, confort,,gears, rest of crap .... TATA means sittin in a pile of moving metal. no ffences though its just my opinion after seeing TATA into cars in last so many years.
Old 23rd February 2005, 12:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Though Tata still are way behind in refinement, they are good improvers. Just compare the old pre-V2 indicas with new V2 ones, and you will know what I mean. New V2 is far better car than the original Indica. Gearshift is still pathetic at this time, but it will definitely improve (may be another 5 years down the line? )
Old 23rd February 2005, 12:15   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

well the car will be faster then an indigo diesel but dont expect anychange in gearbox.
the interior quality is improving too with every change and i feel it will be a way better buy then santro, wgonR and all
Old 23rd February 2005, 12:27   #5

Tata makes Palio plastic parts..

Just for those who does not know how industry works..

Tata makes Sheetmetal dies for most of indian auto manufacturers.. including ford and toyota. Fiat palio new toolings..made in India :-) by tata....
Interiors of Palio petra are just tata interiors (made by tata auto comp).. In think fiat opts for so low cost options that their interior now sucks.. Those who gets fooled by brand names be aware that tata gonna make Jaguar aluminium dies now...
Old 23rd February 2005, 12:32   #6
BHPian

vulken needs some tempering. go through the skoda article in the other section of this site.

don't spit and stamp on the country's one and only own car maker, dude. not fair to them.
Old 23rd February 2005, 12:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile
Tata makes Sheetmetal dies for most of indian auto manufacturers.. including ford and toyota. Fiat palio new toolings..made in India :-) by tata....
Interiors of Palio petra are just tata interiors (made by tata auto comp).. In think fiat opts for so low cost options that their interior now sucks.. Those who gets fooled by brand names be aware that tata gonna make Jaguar aluminium dies now...
Batty, they have made minor changes in Petra interior for 2005 model. Of course, they still have that light gray plastic on console, which you hated so much

Incidently, Tata Auto Comp has tied up with so many foreign companies (JV), and most of them are Japanese.
Old 23rd February 2005, 13:18   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
P.S. if two cars, one diesel and other petrol have same bhp figures, which one will be quicker?.. will it be diesel , because of high low end torque?.. or will it be petrol..?..
I think it'll be more or less the same for both the vehicles, the other factors to be considered are the power-to-weight ratio.. since Diesel engines are comparatively heavier than their petrol counterparts, i would assume that for the same BHP figures, the Diesel one will take-off quicker, but at higher speeds it would be the petrol one to zip through..
Old 23rd February 2005, 14:03   #9
Senior - BHPian

Fiat plastics are not bad at all. I will say they are one of the best in hatchbacks. Some models of Palio and Petra which come with a light color plastic on the center console look cheaper. But check Palio D, the dashboard and the center console with a touch of wood like finish looks very classy.
The quality of the plastics is much better than most of the Marutis. To support my argument, one fellow tbhpian was very impressed with the quality when he sat in my Palio.

Last edited by satish_appasani : 23rd February 2005 at 14:04.
Old 23rd February 2005, 14:33   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
Fiat plastics are not bad at all. I will say they are one of the best in hatchbacks. Some models of Palio and Petra which come with a light color plastic on the center console look cheaper. But check Palio D, the dashboard and the center console with a touch of wood like finish looks very classy.
The quality of the plastics is much better than most of the Marutis. To support my argument, one fellow tbhpian was very impressed with the quality when he sat in my Palio.
Satish, is your palio elx? model , price you got it? any upgrades

I have 14 inch tires , no mags though

may be we should get together with both formula reds in one place.

how is your car, and present mileage, I have 3000kms on it
Old 23rd February 2005, 14:50   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
But check Palio D, the dashboard and the center console with a touch of wood like finish looks very classy.
I also liked it, but my wife and brother just didn't like it. One can get it done for 4500/-. (Dealer quote).
Old 23rd February 2005, 17:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

I think Turbo diesel should be good. Also if iam not wrong then the Indigo has a Turbo diesel variant on Indica's engine.
Old 23rd February 2005, 18:29   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
I also liked it, but my wife and brother just didn't like it. One can get it done for 4500/-. (Dealer quote).
Yes I also have a fake trim wood stuff

Well I didnt like it in my palio or a lexus rx330 my bro has it in US. so never mind
Old 24th February 2005, 09:06   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto
Dude this is india, once we make a dash board and fit into a car, it stay there for next ten generation cars, and Also its a tata!!! dont expect a superb quality ! remember! they are manufacturers of lorries and it will stay with them untill TATA dies, so my opinion not much change in power, confort,,gears, rest of crap .... TATA means sittin in a pile of moving metal. no ffences though its just my opinion after seeing TATA into cars in last so many years.
We call this "Dude Syndrome"
Old 24th February 2005, 18:01   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
There has been a lot of speculation about the upcoming EIII Indica Turbodiesel.
Any ideas on how much the pricing will be? And how much the performance will increase (the weight of Indica is less than Indigo i guess)..
Will it give santro/zen/wagonr a run for its money in terms of performance and FE??....

I am very excited about this car... for me if TATA replaces or rectifies that vague gearshift and improve the interior plastics and some more safety features, this car can be a big hit...!.. watch out Maruti/Hyundai!!

please dont compare a diesel car to petrol cars,the pricing is expected to go up by around Rs30,000,indica is second safest car in its class after palio,indica is already a hit check out the sales figures,hopefully if the indica comes with shorter ratios as like marina exepect it to a peppy car,dont expect any low end grunt though for that palio will always rule,as for maruti zen diesel will be discontinued,hyundai has nothing to be scared fo as they dont have a small diesel car in market right now,for the value for money stakes indica and indigo rule,i have a indica with 80,000+kms on odo with only timing belt,front brake pads and right side ball joint changed no other problems at all,the car is as smooth as it was when new(its a second version v2)apart from service no other extra costs,the car never even once broke down on road,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks