Team-BHP - which car is good with automatic gear option?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   which car is good with automatic gear option? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/40859-car-good-automatic-gear-option.html)

With the level of increase in daily traffic conditions it will be good to have cars with Automatic gears which may reduce driving fatigue particularly inside city.

Cars currently available with Auto gear:
I remember there is only one car with Automatic gear

--Santro

Cars may come in Automatic gears;
--i10

cars which i like to come with Automatic gears in future..

Getz (petrol)
Swift(diesel)
Fiesta diesel
Verna Petrol
SX4
Dzire Diesel
and M800 with LPG stupid:

--MUKE

Well I remember Early Esteem Used to have automatic option it used to be called Esteem Ax.

You forgot Honda City CVT.

Automatic options:
Santro (?), Honda City, Civic, Corolla, nearly all cars in higher segment than Civic/Corolla.

Quote:

Originally Posted by somebodystopme (Post 861042)
Well I remember Early Esteem Used to have automatic option it used to be called Esteem Ax.

You forgot Honda City CVT.

Yep. You are right. There used to be Esteem AX with automatic transmission. I remember one of my neighbours buying it wayback in 1997.

The Honda City CVT is one of the best automatics I have driven till date.

IIRC, the Cielo as well had an auto tranny model.

Also, the zen came with auto tranny, so did the OHC(dont remember the variant)

Have even heard about the Wagon R Automatic.

Right now, i feel the City and Laura have the best Auto Boxes

Maruti's three speed automatics were horrible; in recent times, it is the Santro AT and NHC CVT that made for good options under Rs.1,000,000. I was of the opinion that many a manufacturer would be speeding up with the automatic tranny launches....guess the recent fuel price hikes will delay them for a while.

why there are no automatic gear options released for any diesel cars < 10 lacs or in any small cars?

Is it due to high input costs of manufacturing Automatic gears and supporting it or due to less demand from customers?

--MUKE

Read somewhere in the forum that Hyundai is planning to launch Verna CRDI with auto tranny and Scorpio is also going to be availabe soon in its Auto avatar.

Maruti had three models with Automatic gearbox:
1) Maruti Esteem AX
2) Maruti Zen AX
3) Maruti Wagon R AX

All of them had 3 speed gearboxes. Cielo also had automatic gearbox. Opel Astra also had one.
I dont remember the exact year, but specially for the handicapped, Maruti did have Automatic M800.

Almost all Indian cars should have atleast an option of Automatic gearbox. Its now becoming more of need than luxury. And in future we will need this also.
NHC was the one who made automatic gearboxes popular in below 10 lakh segment.
But it was not good for constant high speed highway driving. But in the city, it was just fantastic.
I think that Optra Magnum Diesel needs an automatic gearbox.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veelubai (Post 861507)
Read somewhere in the forum that Hyundai is planning to launch Verna CRDI with auto tranny and Scorpio is also going to be availabe soon in its Auto avatar.

The automatic scorpio is just been written and read at a lot of place s but here @ T B HP someone had even posted pictures of the autobox and sticker across the rear glass claiming it to be automatic !! It shall be one lovely vehicle in automatic , provided they get the gearing ratio s right except for skoda which other manufacturer has diesel automatics ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by muke31 (Post 860641)
and M800 with LPG stupid:

--MUKE

I would love to see the 800 with a automatic gearbox.

If i was told to make a guess. An intelligent guess would be to say that that safari might be coming with an automatic gearbox variant soon.
A response to the scorpio automatic perhaps:).

800 was(maybe still is, I don't know) made in auto guise. But Maruti only sold it to disabled people.

If you wanted one,all you had to do was to chop half a leg(preferably left) and head off to the nearest Maruti showroom and say - Look ma - No leg !lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuttapan (Post 863332)
800 was(maybe still is, I don't know) made in auto guise. But Maruti only sold it to disabled people.

If you wanted one,all you had to do was to chop half a leg(preferably left) and head off to the nearest Maruti showroom and say - Look ma - No leg !lol:

Yes, I remember my colleague buying one a decade ago. However, he did not chop off his leg---nature did that to him!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuttapan (Post 863332)

Not so funny actually