Team-BHP - M&M Plans for 2005 - Scorpio launched. Logan coming
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   M&M Plans for 2005 - Scorpio launched. Logan coming (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/4086-m-m-plans-2005-scorpio-launched-logan-coming.html)

Just saw on cnbc that the Scorpio CRDi has been launched. They didn't give any more specs on the car.
Also, Renault is coming in a JV with M&M. The Logan will be launched and M&M will hold 51% in the company.

Yes, The Scorpio "CRDe" has been launched today with a price of 6.8 lacs ex-showroom. If I remember correct, it has 115 bhp and vastly improved driveability.

GTO

time for yet another team-bhp test?
who's up for it?

i just hope they have sorted out the handling... then they have got a real winner. Waiting for reviews.

mmm!!! Finally.The engines have been changed but I dont think that there is any major improvement in the driveability as GTO said. Though a new look Scorpio is boung to come at the end of this year which may have better suspension, so better handling!!

GTO being a great fan of the CRDi, would be wanting to get behind the wheels to test drive it first!!
Wait a minute, its CRDe!!

Any other cosmetic changes on it?!!

Found this link

They are getting it out in 'shocking yellow' color.. Guess its gonna be really shocking!! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stratos
Though a new look Scorpio is boung to come at the end of this year which may have better suspension, so better handling!!

wanted a clarification about the handling of the scorpio...sitting on the rear seat in the hillls (including jubilee & banjara hills in hyd) is scary as hell if the driver decides to push the pedal to the metal...there is this perennial fear of the car toppling....though we know it wont happen....

Does this happen due to a high CG only or are there other factors that play a part? If Mahindra had to correct this, what all would they have to do?

Logan is a really nice car.It is selling well in the European markets.if priced well could dent the Indigo,ikon,Esteem etc.But it all depends on how good is the service and marketing.

Both are REALLy good news. More than the performance, I can wait to see what the Fe figures are going to be for the crde.

kool kool rl:
the scorpios finally.....
got its face lift and engine clap:
ugrade......

good news..
logan VS indigo
scorpio crde (my fav SUV only faster)

saw the scorpio CRDe drive in the new autocar
the car has got 16 inchers with a lower profile while the interior remains the same
its now 4 - 5 secs faster to the century mark too..
some one have a test drive
i dont think there has been a major change in handling

hey the logan is coming only in 2007 !! i guess thats a long time for the car to get outdated and be launched here !

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy
hey the logan is coming only in 2007 !! i guess thats a long time for the car to get outdated and be launched here !

agreed - car looks frumpy like an old Renault 19 - cos they did without the fancy curves etc to reduce costs