Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2008, 17:36   #76
Senior - BHPian

We know well about the quality that goes into their current products that cost upto 1million Rs. Don't see any reason how the Nano would be an exception. Actually, given the extra-high cost-cutting for Nano, the quality could only be more a cause for concern IMO.

BTW, today's papers mentioned about Tata's report to shareholders about extraordinary increase in input costs (steel, tyres etc). I seriously feel that even a 1.5lac OTR price for base version looks tough by the time it hits the market.
Old 3rd July 2008, 19:38   #77
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
You're assuming that the Nano's going to be a hit solely on the price announced thus far. What happens to that assumption if the Nano is grossly underpowered or very cheap quality? Price is not the only parameter is it?
There is simply no competition for the price, in India or overseas! The Nano will be a hit due to its price.

Quote:
Hyundai, Bajaj and some other automobile manufacturers have already announced plans of developing a similar low cost car. Still needs to be seen how successful they will be though.
Bajaj = I look forward to it. Hyundai = Will believe it when I see it.

Quote:
Lastly, although no one was able to touch the M800 on pricing thus far, perhaps no one tried hard enough. Amazing how the Tata's are managing though now?
My statement was toward international players. None of them could or will match the 800 on price. Mind you, I am talking about the cost price and not selling. Maruti makes the 800 so cheap, they can still lower the price and sell for a profit.
Old 4th July 2008, 09:25   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
There is simply no competition for the price, in India or overseas! The Nano will be a hit due to its price.
Although I do feel that the Nano is very attractively priced and initial reports regarding the passenger space, comforts and engine capability are very favourable, I'd still like to wait for the launch before pronouncing a verdict. And I think price is only one of the criteria that determines success or failure of any product. Its not the only criteria.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks