Team-BHP - Toyota Innova Launched !!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota Innova Launched !!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/4129-toyota-innova-launched.html)

http://in.rediff.com/money/2005/feb/24toyota.htm

Any snaps guys? Pls hunt other sites.

HK

Actually their website is already updated with Innova.

http://www.toyotabharat.com/showroom/innova/index.html

HK

Well, it is a minivan! If you like driving performance, stear clear of minivans. This is the second minivan in India, after Tavera. Somebody was complaining about the sluggishness of Tavera, it is underpowered, etc. Wake up, minivans are not driver's cars, they never are, not even in USA.

The power to weight ratio of Innova is truely horrible, but then it is minivan, therefore can be excused.

If performance is not an issue for you, then you can look forward to Innova to bring some wonderful new technologies to India. And it would make a great family car and luxury taxi.

Fantastic!! An 8 seater Toyota with a Vvti Petrol and a common rail diesel option.

Buttttttttttttt while the petrol variant starts at a price of 6.8 lacs, the diesel version is at 7.4 lac upward. The on-road base will be about 8 lacs in Mumbai. Not all Qualis potentials will convert to the Innova.

Its not bye bye to Tavera yet.

GTO

cost is good man.i was expecting it higher.Will surely do as well as the Qualis or even better.

I was expecting the rice to be higher.
Would like to read a test drive so if someone is in the mood please do the car justice

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Fantastic!! An 8 seater Toyota with a Vvti Petrol and a common rail diesel option.

Buttttttttttttt while the petrol variant starts at a price of 6.8 lacs, the diesel version is at 7.4 lac upward. The on-road base will be about 8 lacs in Mumbai. Not all Qualis potentials will convert to the Innova.

Its not bye bye to Tavera yet.

GTO

Yes, its not bye bye to Tavera but Happy days for Sumo again....!!
BTW How do I upload a ppt file ? I've got presentation on Innova.

looked at the ppt for the Innova from what s shown it looks a great deal for starters especially taking into consideration the interiors its more the business class types

the price is an awesome cut for the car ver very competitive wonder how well this will fare in our market since toyota has done well with all 3 segments they have launched till now

look forward to the future on this one

The price is ok but i think the Innova is underpowered, 75 Ps(Diesel) for a 2240Kg vehicle.

Power to weight ratio is fine - imagine taxi drivers in a vehicle accelerating like a Vtec ?

Quote:

The price is ok but i think the Innova is underpowered, 75 Ps(Diesel) for a 2240Kg vehicle.
Its not 75 PS but 75 kW, which is 100.6026 bhp. This much power is more than enough for the Innova Diesel.

Petrol
Engine Capacity - 2.0 L
Power - 136 PS [134.1368 BHP]

Diesel
Engine Capacity - 2.5L
Power - 102 PS [100.6026 BHP]

P.S. A friend of mine seen the Innova [without any stickers/advertisements] on the road. Maybe its the company car for display or something.

Quote:

It's 75Kw which equals a pretty good 102 ps or about 101bhp.
The pricing clearly shows that Toyota is trying to get a upmarket image for itself. 8 lacs for a base diesel means the top end one could go upto 10 lacs? Definately not happening. Anyway, this was expected.
By the way, Toyota officials admitted in Autocar India that its cheaper to manufacture the Innova as compared to the Qualis. So why is it priced higher than Qualis? Looks like Toyota is charging a hefty amount for the blind faith Indians have in their brand.

This is a grrr8 pack imo. The car comes loaded with standard features and even in the top of the line the features offered are superb- ABS, Airbags is a boon. This is definatly a great buy if u r looking for a qualis replacement....definatly not even close to an SUV or rather an MUV but i would pick this over the travera anyyyyy day. This feels like a morden age toyota... unlike the qualis that had outdated interiors and styling... but this car look and feels toyota. The interiors look similar to corolla and the beige color just adds that luxury element that it needs, seems really comfortable.... This car will definatly sell extremly well in India.

First of all, some people don't understand the difference between Gross Vehicle Weight and Kerb Weight. This car has better power to weight ratio, and also torque spread than the "old" Qualis.

Secondly, the whole IMV project is an extremely low cost one. Toyota went for body on frame construction primarily to cut costs. Now, they are also charging a premium for Innova, which, trust me, people will be only too happy to pay.

This more than anything highlights the sad state of Indian auto industry. Toyota dominated with a 20 year old design. Now they are charging a premium for a contemporary vehicle that is cheaper to manufacture.

Frankly, I can hardly blame Toyota. The challenge is on other players in the industry to raise their game. The Innova will really rewrite the rules and I predict will go on to be a bigger success than the Qualis. The only thing I hate about the car is the rear drum brakes, even on the top of the line model with ABS.

Has anyone noticed from the pics that the rear leg room in second row is actually less than that on the third row..!!...
wonder its a design flaw or what...