Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2008, 23:55   #106
BHPian

Any definite clues as to when they'll be launched ?

And where were these pics taken ?
Old 20th June 2008, 23:59   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
Any definite clues as to when they'll be launched ?
No, no one knows when the vehicles are coming. And there are many who will now be eagerly waiting for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
And where were these pics taken ?
The thread starter has mentioned that the pictures are taken by one person called " Ronit " and the cars were spotten in Delhi. The thread starter has has mentioned that source of images is Orkut.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 21st June 2008 at 00:00.
Old 21st June 2008, 02:00   #108
HKP
BHPian

Damn good looking cars as per my opinion. (I know many have different opinions!)

Is this location inside the Maruti factory? People around look like employees and there is one loading truck also. Just a wild guess, if it were outside, someone else would also have surely seen it.

"A star" is going to be a true star In the near future I guess.

\\hkp
Old 21st June 2008, 02:22   #109
Senior - BHPian

The A-star interior is a rough prototype and it has a shiny surface finish. The production verion will have the knurled animal grain finish.
Old 21st June 2008, 02:25   #110
Senior - BHPian

I had a talk with RONIIT, maruti is planning to launch both these cars by end of this year and starting of next year.

The authorized personnel for maruti was not forthcoming and denied having any information about those two cars, looked like he had no interest in sharing the information.

But two things are for sure, they are gonna launch one in diwali that is in november and another probably in the next year before march and the splash will have diesel and petrol engine and will have k or m series engine in both of them.

I hope this helps

Though not much helpful but this is all he got to share
Old 21st June 2008, 09:25   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I had a talk with RONIIT, maruti is planning to launch both these cars by end of this year and starting of next year.

The authorized personnel for maruti was not forthcoming and denied having any information about those two cars, looked like he had no interest in sharing the information.

But two things are for sure, they are gonna launch one in diwali that is in november and another probably in the next year before march and the splash will have diesel and petrol engine and will have k or m series engine in both of them.

I hope this helps

Chevelle, thanks for the info. Im sure your friend can share with us where he shot these pics?
Old 21st June 2008, 09:47   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
In the case of Kizashi, do you think the original concept we saw first would ever be put into production. No ways!! It was eventually changed a bit more and shown in different shows as close as to the production model. Now, when we see the production model of the Kizashi, we are not disappointed becuse we have seen the whole evolution process. Unfortunately, we didn't have the same oppurtunity with the A Star and so, the reason to see it as a mixed up car!

Good point Zak ! After seeing the Concept of A Star we expected it to look stunning. But its true it will be a replacement for one of the B segment cars
so cant expect Kick *** styling.
Old 21st June 2008, 10:43   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post

I hope this helps

Thanks for sharing information. And Splash coming with K-series engine is good news for sure. It is a good engine with specs to match.
Old 21st June 2008, 10:50   #114
Senior - BHPian

he has joined team-bhp
he should soon be able to reply to you all.
nevertheless i shall ask him.

the white paper on the dashboard had details about the location it had to be delivered to, weight of the vehicle, engine which was 1.3 in case of black splash.
though he didn't read in detail he just had an overview of it.
Old 21st June 2008, 12:02   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
The A-star interior is a rough prototype and it has a shiny surface finish. The production verion will have the knurled animal grain finish.
Could you explain this one please?
Old 21st June 2008, 12:08   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
It's the plastic surface finish, the concept one had a shiny finish (glossy) while the production one has a grainy finish.
Old 21st June 2008, 16:29   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
All dash plastics have some kind of pattern on them, they are never smooth. This feature has to be created by the injection molding dies where the female of the pattern is etched inside the dies. (this process IIRC is called knurling) During the prototype stage the dies are still not knurled yet.
Old 21st June 2008, 18:23   #118
Senior - BHPian

The A star will be replacing The alto and not any other car.
Somewhere i did read about the splash not being launched here until next year, so probably it will be the a star ( aka the next gen alto) to be launched near diwali with the NNHC and other cars.
Old 21st June 2008, 19:03   #119
BHPian

If its replacing the alto, its very good news for the lower end market. We need to see new designs in that segment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
The A star will be replacing The alto and not any other car.
Somewhere i did read about the splash not being launched here until next year, so probably it will be the a star ( aka the next gen alto) to be launched near diwali with the NNHC and other cars.
Old 22nd June 2008, 12:31   #120
Senior - BHPian

thats awsome scoop there.. to my thinking.. a-star should replace the alto and splash should replace the wagon r.. but the main question is...

Maruti is even struggling to meet demands for the dzire.. and if it launches these .. then there will be huge problems on delivery.. so maruti needs to sort out the production issues before lauching these.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks