Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2008, 10:32   #436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
The A-Star looks like its going to be the next 'ugly duckling', after the first generation SANTRO and the soon to be phased out CITY (Pre-facelift). It also looks to be heavily inspired by the i10, especially the front treatment. Looks like Maruti has not learnt its lessons, the SWIFT was heavily criticized for its small rear windows which gave the rear seats occupants claustrophobia, and now they've done an encore with the A-Star
I don't agree with you. the looks are kool and most of the BHP members have liked AStar. coming to swift, there is a waiting of around 5-6 months for swift. People have loved the swift by its looks.selling like hot cake all over india.
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:08   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunmadhok View Post
I don't agree with you. the looks are kool and most of the BHP members have liked AStar. coming to swift, there is a waiting of around 5-6 months for swift. People have loved the swift by its looks.selling like hot cake all over india.
I am sure Swift waiting times are more for the engine and VFM rather than looks. NHC is a similar example
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:25   #438
BANNED

Sorry sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Looks like Maruti has not learnt its lessons,
I tend to disagree on this point.
MSIL is much better in tune with their customers more than many other manufacturers in India.

And I too like the looks of Swift as well as A-star. A bit of quirkiness is present in both the cars but that adds some attractiveness in my opinion.
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:48   #439
BHPian

from the images posted, the Splash looks kind of a tall boy design - do you guys think it will have some CG issues, etc.
Old 22nd October 2008, 12:48   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
from the images posted, the Splash looks kind of a tall boy design - do you guys think it will have some CG issues, etc.
Splash will be a replacement for Wagon R, which currently is not doing good in india. and AStar will be the replacement for Zen Estilo which is a big flop due to its body shape.
Old 22nd October 2008, 14:55   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Splash will be a replacement for Wagon R, which currently is not doing good in india. and AStar will be the replacement for Zen Estilo which is a big flop due to its body shape.

if they launch a star as a replacement for zen estilo,most of the zen owners would not like that,because zen is still a new model compared to the wagonr.
i am sure zen will not be replaced.

ot:however ,with the amount of discount being offered on zen,i think your post may become true.
Old 22nd October 2008, 15:34   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Who said wagon r not doing good. Look at sales report!
Old 22nd October 2008, 15:36   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Dear tarunmadhok a-star is neither a replacement for estilo and nor splash a replacement for wagon-r.Who told wagon r is not doing good buddie.It is the best seller in the segment considering the last quarter.Its giving huge numbers to maruti and i wont dream of them stopping this hot cake in the near future.
ram
Old 22nd October 2008, 15:39   #444
BHPian

Quote:
You are partly right, Globally Splash is a replacement of Wagon R, Astar is the replacement of Alto. But in India nobody will replace anyone, all of them will sell at different pricepoints.

Ram u were quicker in clearing the above point, whats the scoop on SX4 Diesel (offtopic though)

Last edited by ranc : 22nd October 2008 at 15:41.
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:31   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Dear tarunmadhok a-star is neither a replacement for estilo and nor splash a replacement for wagon-r.Who told wagon r is not doing good buddie.It is the best seller in the segment considering the last quarter.Its giving huge numbers to maruti and i wont dream of them stopping this hot cake in the near future.
ram
A car which is selling good will never have a Discount or any offer on it, but on Wagon R the discount is 25k and on Estilo it around 30k. likewise if you see Swift, it has no discount on it. The dealer wont even take 1re less as it is selling good. I was reading somewhere on BHP only that the production of Estilo has been stopped from the company. The new model of Estilo (Sport Limited Edition) is from there old lot with some graphical changes to attaract buyers nothing more. Wagon R was doing good before, but now due to competition from i10 and others Wagon R sales have gone down. To sell there old lot Dealer have to say that these models are doing good.
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:54   #446
BHPian

I wouldn't have noticed it if vid hadn't pointed it out...why does it need to have fixed rear-windows????
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:58   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude View Post
I wouldn't have noticed it if vid hadn't pointed it out...why does it need to have fixed rear-windows????
Rare fixed window option is not for India. It would be for European countries.
Old 22nd October 2008, 17:29   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A car which is selling good will never have a Discount or any offer on it, but on Wagon R the discount is 25k and on Estilo it around 30k. likewise if you see Swift, it has no discount on it. The dealer wont even take 1re less as it is selling good. I was reading somewhere on BHP only that the production of Estilo has been stopped from the company. The new model of Estilo (Sport Limited Edition) is from there old lot with some graphical changes to attaract buyers nothing more. Wagon R was doing good before, but now due to competition from i10 and others Wagon R sales have gone down. To sell there old lot Dealer have to say that these models are doing good.
According to latest ACI reports still WagonR is the second largest selling car in India (behind Alto). It is still comfortably beating i10 by a couple of thousand or so!
Anyway Hyundai is still selling Santro which is now not even in top 10! Manufacturers will continue selling these cash cows for whatever profits they can generate (simply coz there is a huge market for small cars). I think both Estilo and WagonR will still stay. In any case if these new cars (Splash/A-Star) make dents in Estilo/WagonR sales that should still be acceptable for Suzuki. They are all cars from the same stable so money going into the same hands. A-Star/Splash might even mean more profits!
Old 22nd October 2008, 17:43   #449
BANNED

Sorry sir!

Quote:
A car which is selling good will never have a Discount or any offer on it, but on Wagon R the discount is 25k and on Estilo it around 30k. likewise if you see Swift, it has no discount on it. The dealer wont even take 1re less as it is selling good.....
...... ...........
To sell there old lot Dealer have to say that these models are doing good.
You're doing a guessing job buddy!
Wagon R still sells good in India. So much that, many manufacturers have actually started taking cues from it's marketing.
It was indeed the second largest selling vehicle after Alto last month too.
Old 22nd October 2008, 18:02   #450
Senior - BHPian

Only my perspective but Splash looks ugly from behind!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks