Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2008, 18:19   #451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunmadhok View Post
A car which is selling good will never have a Discount or any offer on it, but on Wagon R the discount is 25k and on Estilo it around 30k. likewise if you see Swift, it has no discount on it. The dealer wont even take 1re less as it is selling good. I was reading somewhere on BHP only that the production of Estilo has been stopped from the company. The new model of Estilo (Sport Limited Edition) is from there old lot with some graphical changes to attaract buyers nothing more. Wagon R was doing good before, but now due to competition from i10 and others Wagon R sales have gone down. To sell there old lot Dealer have to say that these models are doing good.
There is 25k discount on Alto too so i guess its not doing good.

Maruti is just tapping small car market back with simultaneous launches. M800, Alto, Estilo, Astar, WagonR, Splash, Swift. Damn every 30-40K jump u get a new car buying option from Suzuki Stable.

No matter which car you buy they still earn profit and market share. cheers:

Last edited by abhibh : 22nd October 2008 at 18:22.
Old 22nd October 2008, 21:04   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude View Post
I wouldn't have noticed it if vid hadn't pointed it out...why does it need to have fixed rear-windows????
Fixed glass would be lot of saving on the glass thickness, area, beadings, mechanism etc. Space and weight saving too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunmadhok View Post
Rear fixed window option is not for India. It would be for European countries.
Yeah! hopefully not for India!
Old 22nd October 2008, 22:06   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
There is 25k discount on Alto too so i guess its not doing good.

Maruti is just tapping small car market back with simultaneous launches. M800, Alto, Estilo, Astar, WagonR, Splash, Swift. Damn every 30-40K jump u get a new car buying option from Suzuki Stable.

No matter which car you buy they still earn profit and market share. cheers:
yup totally agree with you.a few days back There was Rs 25k discount in swift petrol.
may be the overall growth would have slowed down,but that has other reasons attached to it."Discount offers"can be used as a yardstick to check whether the car is doing well or not,but it is not the only measure to do so..
Old 23rd October 2008, 11:14   #454
BHPian

Great catch and great pics. Especially the splash looks very good on road. It seems unlike diesel swift, they are offering the new one with ABS. Let it not be optional
Old 24th October 2008, 11:03   #455
BHPian

Guys from a reliable source got the news that A-Star will be launched on 20th of November.

The price starts from 3.5 - 4.2

As per him the rear seat of the car is very cramped and plastic material used is of very poor quality especially in Bumpers
Old 24th October 2008, 11:05   #456
Team-BHP Support

3.5 to 4.2 OTR or Ex showroom ? And Delhi prices or somewhere else ?
Old 24th October 2008, 11:10   #457
BHPian

3.5 -4.2 lakhs means that it is in the same price range as wagonr/i10.i think plastic would be similar to the swift/sx4 series.
Old 24th October 2008, 11:17   #458
BHPian

3.5 - 4.2 Ex showroom delhi!
Old 24th October 2008, 11:37   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
This price rage should give good competition to i10, Wagon R. Now coming to the quality, we should wait for for the car to come Live so that we can have our hands on it.
Old 25th October 2008, 06:25   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The price starts from 3.5 - 4.2

As per him the rear seat of the car is very cramped and plastic material used is of very poor quality especially in Bumpers
Its basically an Alto replacement, so its going to be fractionally bigger than the existing Alto..that's it. No way it can compete with an i10
Old 25th October 2008, 11:01   #461
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
3.5 would make it 4+ (approx) OTR. A tad too expensive for a car of this size. Lets wait and watch. I do not expect MUL to go wrong with their pricing.
Old 25th October 2008, 11:56   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
No way it can compete with an i10
Did you mean i10 Kappa? Considering the engine specs and others, it should compete, right?
Old 25th October 2008, 14:51   #463
Senior - BHPian

I think Maruti is just misguiding others by claiming that A-star will fight with i10. That duty will be assigned to Splash. A-star will be positioned just around or mostly above Wagon R to slot a bit lower than i10. And splash will be around i10 to sandwich i10 between two products, one will have the diesel from Swift.
Old 27th October 2008, 21:03   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Did you mean i10 Kappa? Considering the engine specs and others, it should compete, right?
well its missing a cylinder so refinement is not going to be so great. Interior quality looks like is not so good as I-10 and lastly space wise its smaller and not quite a tall boy so i-10 will be better. Lets see how they price it.
Old 28th October 2008, 12:41   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
well its missing a cylinder so refinement is not going to be so great. Interior quality looks like is not so good as I-10 and lastly space wise its smaller and not quite a tall boy so i-10 will be better. Lets see how they price it.
I dont think that 3 cylinder should be of any prob for the A-Star, as the car is powered by a powerful three cylinder 1.0-litre petrol engine successfully launched as an engine of the Splash. This unit is light and compact with low friction characteristics. Maximum power output is 68PS (50kW) with maximum torque of 90Nm. Fuel consumption is low at 62.7 mpg on the combined cycle and CO2 emissions are just 103g/km. I know the interior quality of i10 is excelent but AStar quality should also be good.
Lets wait and watch when it is launched next month.
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted: Maruti Suzuki Splash And A-star-suzukialtointerior.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks