Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2008, 23:01   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
What is the waiting period for swift vdi like in kolkata?
Don't know about VDi but I was quoted 2 and a half months by Dewars and Jalan for VDi with ABS.
Old 22nd August 2008, 01:36   #242
Senior - BHPian

The customer relations guy at my Maruti Service station told me that production of the Alto has been stopped and the A-Star is it's replacement. Can anyone verify if this is true?.

Last edited by nickatnite : 22nd August 2008 at 01:49.
Old 22nd August 2008, 14:43   #243
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The customer relations guy at my Maruti Service station told me that production of the Alto has been stopped and the A-Star is it's replacement.
No chance. The Alto is Maruti's best selling model and, in fact, the best selling car in India. Maruti isn't known to fix what ain't broke.
Old 22nd August 2008, 15:08   #244
nbr
BHPian

A Star to be sold as ALTO worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
No chance. The Alto is Maruti's best selling model and, in fact, the best selling car in India. Maruti isn't known to fix what ain't broke.

Suzuki will be selling A star as ALTO worldwide,since alto name tag has got a fan following all over
Old 22nd August 2008, 15:38   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
Suzuki will be selling A star as ALTO worldwide,since alto name tag has got a fan following all over
Ya, you are right. But chances are more that they co-exist. If 800, alto, zen can co-exist, so can 800, alto and a-star . Alto and 800 prices might undergo a little correction(I hope).
Old 22nd August 2008, 17:54   #246
Team-BHP Support

Where is Ram_Hyundai ? He might be able to give us some info.
Old 23rd August 2008, 11:29   #247
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Amongst other reasons, Maruti would never be able to build a A-star as cheap as they do the Alto. I don't think that the Alto's production is stopping any time soon. Atleast if history is anything to go by.
Old 23rd August 2008, 11:45   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Amongst other reasons, Maruti would never be able to build a A-star as cheap as they do the Alto. I don't think that the Alto's production is stopping any time soon. Atleast if history is anything to go by.

I dont see A- Star being priced at Alto levels after seeing the interior pics of the car.Alto would continue as the bread and butter model . I think A-star would be priced somewhere around Estilo levels. Anyways lets wait and see what MSIL does.
Old 23rd August 2008, 11:54   #249
Senior - BHPian

If all maruti small car's co-exist we are going to see M800, Alto, A Star, Wagon R, Zen Estilo, Splash and Swift!!

The Alto badged A-star shown on this thread looks pretty lame and ordinary doesn't it?
Old 23rd August 2008, 11:58   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I dont see A- Star being priced at Alto levels after seeing the interior pics of the car.Alto would continue as the bread and butter model . I think A-star would be priced somewhere around Estilo levels. Anyways lets wait and see what MSIL does.
I think MSIL line up would be
1) ALTO
2) A-Star
3) ESTILO
4) Wagon R
5) Swift
6) Dezire
7) SX4.

Finally 800 will be replaced by Alto and the entire segment would receive a mild price correction. I hope they stop the 800 now its been 2decades exactly since launch and the car hasn't changed much.
Old 23rd August 2008, 12:50   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajchetan View Post
1) ALTO
2) A-Star
3) ESTILO
4) Wagon R
5) Swift
6) Dezire
7) SX4.

Finally 800 will be replaced by Alto and the entire segment would receive a mild price correction. I hope they stop the 800 now its been 2decades exactly since launch and the car hasn't changed much.
I had read in ACI sometime back that Alto will go through a minor facelift in 2009 and it will go through a major facelift in 2011. I think 800 would continue for sometime as the Nano will be launched .
Old 24th August 2008, 20:37   #252
BHPian

there's the Splash too

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajchetan View Post
1) ALTO
2) A-Star
3) ESTILO
4) Wagon R
5) Swift
6) Dezire
7) SX4.

Add to the mix the Splash which reportedly will be priced around swift (will get to know the truth in that only when it is launched).
Old 25th August 2008, 00:40   #253
Senior - BHPian

I'm going to say this on record. The Alto production line has been stopped. The A-Star is it's replacement. Cheers!.
Old 25th August 2008, 00:43   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
I'm going to say this on record. The Alto production line has been stopped. The A-Star is it's replacement. Cheers!.

If this is true, then it must count as the boldest decision yet from Maruti. Imagine - stopping the production of its best seller, especially when its second and third best sellers (Wagon R and Swift), are about to come under some pretty heavy fire (The way the Vista is priced, dont be surprised to see Wagon R buyers considering it!).
Old 25th August 2008, 02:12   #255
BHPian

Hey Nick, I did read this somewhere that the Alto production has been stopped, however did not know how genuine the piece of information actually was. What is your source of information, would appreciate if you share with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks