Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2008, 21:16   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
looks Maruti has started rolling out the cars with absurd designs. First they started with Zen Estilo, then Dzire and now Splash . These guys should hire a good automobile designers.
I fully concur. Looks like they hired some out of work designers from Hanna Barbera Inc. to do the job!.
Old 3rd September 2008, 21:22   #287
Senior - BHPian

No buddy, Splash looks really cute and cool! I think the car in this color is not looking too good. I can't even see the shine of a new car. Probably Maruti is doing purposely to maintain low profile.

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 3rd September 2008 at 21:24.
Old 3rd September 2008, 23:28   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
No buddy, Splash looks really cute and cool! I think the car in this color is not looking too good. I can't even see the shine of a new car. Probably Maruti is doing purposely to maintain low profile.
Why do they need to shine and polish the test cars ? When at the end of the day they have to camouflage it ?

The rear doesnt look wacky, but yes it isnt really pleasing either.
Old 3rd September 2008, 23:42   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Why do they need to shine and polish the test cars ? When at the end of the day they have to camouflage it ?
Exactly my point. Thats why the car is looking pretty old-ish with the bad paint. And its not camouflaged either, apart from removing the logos.
Old 4th September 2008, 15:52   #290
BHPian

I think, its looks bad partly due to the darkened windows of the boot, if it was just clear maybe it will look better. and the lights are taped.

Well estilo sucks to add to the sentiments.
Old 8th September 2008, 14:31   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
I fully concur. Looks like they hired some out of work designers from Hanna Barbera Inc. to do the job!.

Lets all wait for the car to enter the showrooms before passing comments on the looks of the car !! Well on a lighter note it is not that bad !
Old 8th September 2008, 15:05   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Lets all wait for the car to enter the showrooms before passing comments on the looks of the car !! Well on a lighter note it is not that bad !
I've seen it in person. The car looks like someone had slashed the Wagon-R in a fit of rage to create it.I have to call it like i see it. The new crop of Maruti economy cars are, well, caricatures of cars.
Old 8th September 2008, 22:01   #293
Senior - BHPian

Recently I came across this:
Quote:
Next is an affordable urban five-door four seater vehicle, the all-new Pixo. Based on Suzuki underpinnings, the three cylinder 1.0-litre engine will be built in Delhi, India and sales begin in spring 2009. The Pixo is targeted as a small eco-car with low fuel consumption and emissions, although equipped with an automatic transmission. The Pixo is 3565 mm long, 1470 mm tall and 1600 mm wide. It has a wheelbase of 2360 mm.
Source:
Nissan Debuts Pixo and Upgraded Note in Paris - Announces Nuvu Concept

This news is surprising. The wheelbase is as much as the present Wagon R, but width is good and the it is relatively less tall. Means better handling than Wagon R/Estilo.

Image.

Can you believe that A-star can look like this also? Looks better than A-star, IMHO.
Spotted: Maruti Suzuki Splash And A-star-tbhpnissanpixo1.jpg
Old 8th September 2008, 22:28   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Recently I came across this:

Source:
Nissan Debuts Pixo and Upgraded Note in Paris - Announces Nuvu Concept

This news is surprising. The wheelbase is as much as the present Wagon R, but width is good and the it is relatively less tall. Means better handling than Wagon R/Estilo.

Image.

Can you believe that A-star can look like this also? Looks better than A-star, IMHO.
Attachment 47048
this IS the car that will be manufactured by maruti for nissan ONLY for exports, as per agreement between suzuki and nissan for exporting 50,000 nissan pixos annually from the maruti plant in gurgaon.
Old 9th September 2008, 08:40   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
this IS the car that will be manufactured by maruti for nissan ONLY for exports, as per agreement between suzuki and nissan for exporting 50,000 nissan pixos annually from the maruti plant in gurgaon.

Yes that is what the article claims. Initially I had doubts and then put it up here so if anyone knows more, they can shed more light.
The A-pillar design made me believe this news firmly.
Old 9th September 2008, 10:56   #296
BHPian

Pixo looks beautiful

IMO when compared both, the PIXO looks very beautiful & A-star (alto) looks like a very bad design experiment on Indian car buyers.
Old 9th September 2008, 11:55   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
IMO when compared both, the PIXO looks very beautiful & A-star (alto) looks like a very bad design experiment on Indian car buyers.
You are right. Pixo looks beautiful, like a modern evolution of the Alto and it has the same cute looks. A-Star (the production model, not the concept) looks awful especially the headlamps. Even a Wagon-R looks better - at least it looks functional. A-Star is neither here nor there, it doesnt look functional nor stylish.

But nevertheless this is a VFM segment and if it is reliable, economical to buy and run it will be a big hit.
Old 10th September 2008, 17:49   #298
BHPian

rear picture preview

Old 10th September 2008, 23:34   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thainogkok View Post
rear picture preview
Thats typically Swift, except for the tail lamps, isn't it?
Old 11th September 2008, 10:53   #300
BHPian

The rear glass (winshield) with roof mounted stop light with washer looks identical to Swift.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed