Team-BHP - New Chevrolet Aveo U-VA to be Launched With Pics
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Chevrolet Aveo U-VA to be Launched With Pics (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/41330-new-chevrolet-aveo-u-va-launched-pics.html)

Hiii every one... as you all know the new Chevrolet Aveo hatch
(Aveo U-VA) has been globally launched just a few months ago and has been launched in UK just a month ago. As i work for GM in UK i was able to get my hands on the new Aveo Hatch. i have also heard from company sources that the same car is being tested in India as i write this. It is really very good to look and also features a new fuel efficient 1.4 ltr engine.. The Interiors are the same as in the sedan but does not come in beige. The Aveo Features the new Signature chevrolet grill as earlier seen on the Chevrolet Captiva
The Link to the Chevrolet in UK is a s follows: The new Chevrolet Aveo ? Chevrolet UK

Wow! This looks much better than the current one. The Alloy design is the same as that of the current Optra Magnum.

Good to see GM up the game even more. The Magnum, the Spark and now this. Cheers!

@TH : Thanks for the info & Pics. Is the 1.4 l the same that is plonked
in the Aveo sedan? This one looks better than current one especially the front
headlamps.

Looks a lot better than the current U-VA. Hope to see this car launched soon in India :D

Looks better than the current one. But I doubt that we would get 1.4L engine in India. They might go for this facelift with the same engine. Chevy had planned a 1.4L engine for india but just before the launch they selected under powered 1.2 to get benefit from lower excise duty. But still they could not price it very good compared to Swift which does not enjoy any duties.

Even the Tail lights seems to be same like Captivas. Its really cool. It looks more different from the current one. Hope they release it as shown in here :)

Watermark it ASAP!!!

Looks better than the current UVA. What are the engine specs?

is there a DIESEL ??????

This one is definitely has the upmarket feel compared to U-VA. The main draw back of GM is they keep on changing the models very frequently which yields in low resale value.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopinathann (Post 873341)
The main draw back of GM is they keep on changing the models very frequently which yields in low resale value.

I dont think thats a major problem. The main mistake GM has done is launch a car , it doesnt do that well then give hefty discounts. Thus misleading the 1st buyers. This has been done for the Spark & the Optra.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekSrik (Post 873255)
is there a DIESEL ??????

Apart for some initial talks :deadhorse, is there any confirmed news on GM plonking in the Fiat 1.3 MJD into the Aveo? This move could give the required boost to the sales and for sure will pull the pants off Dzire...

well ... The 1.3 MJT diesel would make it into the new Aveo U-VA but at a later stage in India. In UK its still not sure, but for india it is confirmed but the dates are not. This 1.4 Ltr engine is totally different from the 1.4 ltr engine on the current Aveo Sedan sold in India.

Nice looking car there. Always liked the refinement of the UVA. Fit and finish is top class. IMO, GM in India suffers from overpricing of both cars and service charges, although their recent attempts at putting a cap on service costs is a relief, but spares are still on the pricier side. Also, the UVA is definitely underpowered with the current engine. I do hope the folks in GM India are listening.

The new UVA looks nice esp the front!

Palio and UVA are the two well-proportioned hatches (in terms of design, size and space) in the market!

the front looks awesome...very similar to Linea...