Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2009, 22:32   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offside View Post
Has anyone had a strange experience in the IO pump near ITPL?
I didnt see any marked difference in the fuel levels ,however I have no way of knowing if I've been taken for a ride or not.
Perfectly normal. This is the drawback with the auto-cutoff. Sometimes the vapor is enough to push the level to off.
Old 19th May 2009, 11:45   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
After reading through all the thread was wondering why cant in India we tank it up by ourselves , just like US. Wouldnt it be a good idea???

excellent suggestion, not only for customers, its also beneficial to pump owners, less no of employees - more profit.
Old 19th May 2009, 11:53   #78
BHPian

Assuming that cashier is paid cash first before the fill...........

It is my turn!

No, wait, I got here first!

You bludyfuul , kant you see I have been standing here already.
Old 19th May 2009, 12:23   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
excellent suggestion, not only for customers, its also beneficial to pump owners, less no of employees - more profit.
India being labour intensive economy, and we all like to be treated like bosses, am sure we will always have people to fill up .
In the US or Europe, its very expensive to keep anyone working more than 8 hours a day (in some cases 7 hours), so either they need to have two shifts to man the fuel stations, or pay overtime for the same. That's the reason why its far cheaper for them to not employ anyone.
Old 26th May 2009, 15:16   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
. This particular outlet is a born fraud. I had issues with him and when you start shouting they will solve the problem.
I do believe now a days they are born frauds. even though i was standing outside the car and watching, still this guy cheated me. since i never had similar experiences i was never bothered about all this before.

@hellstar - i do live near to this pump and since my credit card gives cash back on hp pumps, i used to fill up there most of the time. but still, being a regular customer, they cheated me, so you can imagine what kind of frauds they are.

i have few more similar experiences like people here has mentioned in other posts, My car has a fuel tank capacity of 45 liters as per manual(it is a ford ikon flair and manual says 45 liters). One of the occasions on my way to kerala, filled up petrol from somewhere close to krishnagiri [sorry i forget exact location, since it was sometime back] on highway and the guy was able to fill up 49 liters! the strange thing was minimum 10+ liters was there in tank that time. So you can imagine how much these guys cheated an unknowing customer? i thought the manual was wrong! paid money and left.

Third bad experience was at KR puram , bangalore. The pump is on left side of hanging bridge,when we come from banaswadi side. i think that is a Bharat petroleum outlet[sorry if i'm wrong, but anyway the one below hanging bridge towards hosur/whitefield direction. They have a different kind of display [ only here i have seen such difficult to read displays!]. They have some very difficult to read black colored and white painted kind of thing, which if we stand a few feet away is not readable at all. this was small time cheating of Rs.50. i told rs.300 and they filled up for Rs.200. by the time i pointed it is for rs.300 i need, they finished filling some 2 wheeler for another Rs.50. without resetting meter they filled up for another Rs.50 in my tank again showing the display as Rs.100. all this happened in a 2-3 seconds. i clearly caught them red handed , but they are arguing. paid money and decided never fill up from them again.
Old 26th May 2009, 18:22   #81
BHPian

The Hp pump at Sector 14 at Vashi is the biggest cheater, I have been fooled not once but twice by them, Second instance right in front of me.

I have stopped going to them completely. They try to divert your mind by asking whether you want to get the oil, water, coolant checked and by the time you are done with the answering, they do some fraud and it always is atleast 2/3 ltrs less.

Mansi
Old 26th May 2009, 18:35   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Willeys78 : My car has a fuel tank capacity of 45 liters as per manual(it is a ford ikon flair and manual says 45 liters). One of the occasions on my way to kerala, filled up petrol from somewhere close to krishnagiri [sorry i forget exact location, since it was sometime back] on highway and the guy was able to fill up 49 liters! the strange thing was minimum 10+ liters was there in tank that time.
The Ikon actually has a bigger tank than the officially stated capacity. The 45 liters is the safe. cut-off point capacity mentioned by Ford. If you do a visual top-up (fill up to the neck), you can add upto 4 liters more than the second auto-cut-off.

But in your case, 10 liters + 49 litres definitely leaves room for doubt about the pump's practices.

Note:
Ford says when you fill, set it to auto-cut-off, but after the first time it does it, do another auto-cut-off.
I dont understand the logic behind this, though.

Last edited by condor : 26th May 2009 at 18:36.
Old 27th May 2009, 16:18   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King View Post
I recently had a very bad experience with HP pump in punjab, when i told the attendant to top up the diesel tank of my conty which is having 65Lts capacity, the attendant started filling it , suddenly another attendant came to me asking questions about mode of payment and again another attendant i saw came near the one who was filling the tank, i got suspicious, i tried to look outside the window but the attendant who was asking me questions tried to block my line of sight, i got furious and pushed the door with massive force which made him to fall on the ground and when i suddenly came out, what i saw was simply unbelievable

THE ATTENDANT WAS NOT FILLING INTHE TANK, HE WAS FILLING A SMALL 10LTS STORAGE CAN [which was made out of castrol lubricant storage] AND WAS GOING TO CHARGE ME FOR THIS.

But being caught red-handed all of the three attendants ran way from the pump. Suddenly pump was empty, no other vehicle was there nor any manager.even the pump was at isolated place. So I took the filling hose and topped up the tank myself and Fled from the scene without any further chit-chatlol
Wow what an experience, unbelievable. Am sure there must have been lots of instances where these things would have been done to innocent customers. Pretty bad haa?
Old 27th May 2009, 19:34   #84
BHPian

Is cheating in Bangalore petrol bunks happens more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The Ikon actually has a bigger tank than the officially stated capacity. The 45 liters is the safe. cut-off point capacity mentioned by Ford. If you do a visual top-up (fill up to the neck), you can add upto 4 liters more than the second auto-cut-off.

But in your case, 10 liters + 49 litres definitely leaves room for doubt about the pump's practices.

Note:
Ford says when you fill, set it to auto-cut-off, but after the first time it does it, do another auto-cut-off.
I dont understand the logic behind this, though.
After reading many posts in this thread, i started believing, there are most cases of cheating happened in Bangalore alone than other cities/states. Bangalore is a place where so many people from different states live and is language too a problem for many? I do have the same issue when it comes to any argument with locals in kannada even though i'm living here for more than 10years.

If people put a list of few good petrol pumps here area wise, that could have helped many. I don't have much good experience here so i can't suggest any to others. Also i think the shell pumps were good. but how is the price now. Saw price written outside a shell bunk on Whitefield road for diesel as Rs.34 [or may be 35] few days back and there seems like a rush too. Somany months i had seen these shell bunks deserted and rarely someone filling from there due to the huge price difference. Now is the scenario different?
Old 27th May 2009, 20:54   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willeys78 View Post
After reading many posts in this thread, i started believing, ... Somany months i had seen these shell bunks deserted and rarely someone filling from there due to the huge price difference. Now is the scenario different?
Willeys78,

Seems like you have missed a lot of discussion here.

For your question on the petrol pump in Bangalore, check @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...rol-pumps.html

Also search and go thru the thread about the petrol price and you will understand why Shell petrol bunks were empty few months back and now people are queuing there.
Old 27th May 2009, 20:54   #86
BHPian

^ may be this will help.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-fill-up.html

Regards,
Old 27th May 2009, 21:45   #87
BHPian

This "stop in the middle - continue" kind of cheating happens in Hyd too. And my experience in IOC bunk (esp. the one beside HPS, Begumpet).

First couple of times, I thought what a weird coincidence that they always don't hear properly. Its only after reading this in TBHP that I realized my mistake. Now I always get out of my car and stand beside him. Even then they try to distract me by asking some diversionary questions (shameless scamsters).

Their modus operandi (there will be 2 people doing the scam).
1) The guy who's filling claims he din't hear properly and says "no problem sir, I will continue".
2) Then suddenly the other person will start talking to you saying "sir masth bike hai aapka / nayi car wah etc".
3) Meantime, if you din't glance at the meter, the guys fills up balance without resetting.

Last edited by neotraveller : 27th May 2009 at 21:47.
Old 2nd September 2009, 17:09   #88
BHPian

It happened to me at BPCL, Bhashyam Circle, Sadashivnagar, Bangalore

Once, I took my Wife's Mahindra Sym Flyte. Told the attendant to fill up Full Tank. To my surprise, he filled up about 4.5 litres.

The usable fuel tank capacity of Sym Flyte is only 4 litres. And atleast Half a litre was already there when I drove into the Pump.

I challenged them to take out the entire Fuel from the Scooter and measure it. After some drama, the Cashier refunded the 1 litre money.

And the funniest thing, another guy came and asked me is it a Electric Scooter, while the other guy was filling the fuel - Same old trick of distracting the Customers.

Last edited by jaaz : 2nd September 2009 at 17:19.
Old 2nd September 2009, 17:11   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Once, I took my Wife's Mahindra Sym Flyte. Told the attendant to fill up Full Tank. To my surprise, he filled up about 4.5 litres.

The usable fuel tank capacity of Sym Flyte is only 4 litres. And atleast Half a litre was already there when I drove into the Pump.

I challenged them to take out the entire Fuel from the Scooter and measure it. After some drama, the Cashier refunded the 1 litre money.
This bunk is known for such kind of tricks, better go to HP next to Cauvery Theatre
Old 2nd September 2009, 17:16   #90
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
This bunk is known for such kind of tricks, better go to HP next to Cauvery Theatre
This bunk is also a strict no-no. They have cheated people in the past and there is a post on a thread somewhere in this forum. Please stay away from this bunk as they use the Rs. 200 trick to cheat unsuspecting customers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks