Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2008, 21:03   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Website isnt opening.
Old 23rd June 2008, 21:04   #17
BHPian

@Nikhilb2008: You need to remove the space between the dot (.) and in.
Old 23rd June 2008, 21:20   #18
BHPian

Is it 15 secs or 15 mins? I just visitied the site at 9:19 Pm and the time on the site is still 8:55 PM ??

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 23rd June 2008, 21:24   #19
HKP
BHPian

Good start

Its definitely good to have a look at traffic levels. But I hope they start using this data to sync the signal lights. Sometimes you get stuck in all signals!!

They should use signals to catch violators also.

\\hkp
Old 23rd June 2008, 23:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Its a positive step ahead. Hope that this is followed at other cities also.
Old 24th June 2008, 10:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

I fail to understand how does it help the commuters practically as it might help the TP to mobilize their resources and clear out jams.

- If I check this website and head for the roads, the conditions might change by the time I reach that junction.

- If anyone tries to use the website over the GPRS, how constantly can he monitor while driving and then dynamically change his route is a big questionmark + he's a danger to others on the road due to the constant diversion, unless he stops everytime.

What else can this be used for ??
Old 24th June 2008, 10:22   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Here in Bangalore, the traffic management and city planning dept (if such a thing exists) need to get together with BBMP, BWSSB, BESCOM etc and do some planning together.
They ve recently chopped all the trees on St Johns Hospital Road and widened that road considerably - since it is a one way the traffic absolutely clips on that road in a helter skelter manner without paying much regard to lane discipline etc.
Then, at the beginning of the road just after the HP Petrol Station, some agency has dug a trench across the newly laid road and filled it in very poorly.
At the end of this newly widened road, just as it reaches the next 4 leaf clover junction, if you look on the right side of the road, there is a large pile of rubble and concrete signifying an incomplete/ poorly executed job.
The road which goes straight - towards KIOCL, Krupa Nidhi College etc, is not as wide as the connecting artery - the Maharishi Vemana Road which crosses this junction at right angles is also usually jammed with traffic coming from the Hosur Road and coming from the other side - Eejipura and Ring Road etc.
Nett Result - all this fast moving traffic converges at that 4 leaf clover and causes a massive jam.
The traffic assortment of course, includes monster buses, lorries, smaller trucks, jeeps, SUVs, expensive cars, wicked and nasty autorickshaws, two wheelers PLUS an assortment of street vendors and other fauna peculiar to our roads.

Whats the point of widening just one road and causing further bottlenecks elsewhere?
Chaos and confusion seem to rule...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
This is abosolute nice step taken by Bangalore Traffic Department. But on the reality this traffic display would'nt help much to the commuters. They want free flow traffic.

On the reality, they should try to manage traffic by widening the roads, removing unneccesary signals etc. I can always see EJ Pura and Udupi Garder signals mostly red and occasionaly orange .

Last edited by shankar.balan : 24th June 2008 at 10:25.
Old 24th June 2008, 11:16   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Dont lose hope.
No, not actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
They have already started capturing offenders at 5 junctions in bangalore...though the process of generating chalans is manual.
I read it some where. those five cameras are clicking around 10K times a day, and since the chalans are manually done, they could process only 400 per day .
IMHO, B'lore is not a city with that bad roads, but its issue is poor traffic management. Nobody expects the traffic cops to be super efficient, but just do your job, understand your position. It's comic to see they standing helpless smiling at drivers passing red signals at each and every junction here.

Just think about it, you as a citizen feel like abiding laws and stop at red, almost everyone else in Blore thinks you are a lawbreaker and bully you to go ahead :(

Now, with this live streams, you look at net/phone and see oh there is too much traffic at road A, and what do I do next? Take road B and reach fast? huh? no, Thanks!
Old 24th June 2008, 15:13   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakishRam View Post
IMHO, B'lore is not a city with that bad roads, but its issue is poor traffic management. Nobody expects the traffic cops to be super efficient, but just do your job, understand your position. It's comic to see they standing helpless smiling at drivers passing red signals at each and every junction here.
To me, its quite irritating when they grin at cabbies and autorickshaws which cooly jump the traffic light and then flash their equally horrible smile at the cops. However, if a personal vehicle commits the same offence, their number is noted. Why the discrimination ?
Old 24th June 2008, 22:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
To me, its quite irritating when they grin at cabbies and autorickshaws which cooly jump the traffic light and then flash their equally horrible smile at the cops. However, if a personal vehicle commits the same offence, their number is noted. Why the discrimination ?
Also the way they try to show their so called smartness to innocent people!

I am seriously tired of discussing about the Bangalore traffic. Its not just the cabs and autorikshaws which create havoc at signaled junctions, its also the educated bunch of people.
Old 6th July 2008, 01:31   #26
BHPian

Thanks for the link. It'll be interesting to watch over the next few months how they develop the platform. Can't agree more with you guys about being tail-gaited and bullied into jumping reds.
Old 1st August 2009, 20:27   #27
BHPian

No More Excuses. No More Escapes

Hi,

The title says the word's of Bengalooru traffic police, now you can check for violation's of traffic & fine for the same with your vehicle Reg. no.

Bangalore City Traffic Police

Search for Traffic Violations

BTIS - Traffic Fines

& also you can get notice without doing any traffic violation!!??

Paying traffic violation fine thru internet in Bangalore | BG Mahesh | Mahesh | mahesh.com

Bangy guys, be ready to receive surprise Notice fron BTP..or may be genuine for your violation.
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:05   #28
gpa
Senior - BHPian

subbarao,

This will take a while to come up to speed. However, I must say that the cameras on the expressway to the new airport does its job. A few of my office cars have got tickets for overspeeding.
Old 12th August 2009, 15:10   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
subbarao,

This will take a while to come up to speed. However, I must say that the cameras on the expressway to the new airport does its job. A few of my office cars have got tickets for overspeeding.
Tickets on the new airport road, then you should charge it to the guys who gifted you the tickets. How on earth do they manage tickets, when these cops have not moved an inch front or back from the chickajala police station. I use this road everyday, and i know exactly know when to take the speedo to 80Kmph. train your boys.... Jokes apart, these guys should have some sense and park these interceptors at different points every day, if they are looking at guys like me maintain 80Kmph through and through. Goodluck .
Old 14th September 2010, 18:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

Check your pending traffic fines in bangalore

BTIS - Traffic Fines

You can check if your vehicle has got any pending traffic fines in bangalore

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th September 2010 at 19:36. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread, old info discussed in many threads. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks