Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2008, 12:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

I think this is a problem with all the maruti models right from (As I Know, correct me if I am wrong) Zen(New), wegonR, Estem, Swift and the list is on and on.

When I had gone in mumbai to check the car they had told me the waiting is of 6 months...
Old 25th June 2008, 12:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

isnt it kind of normal just like GTO said, and this factor was very much present when i booked my swift and few dealers were very very very greedy i must say, well all in the game, but its always better to wait than to pay that 50 grand, its not worth the extra 50grand, instead one can spend that on dampning in this car!
Old 25th June 2008, 12:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
i guess you will have many takers for the ad. There is no dearth of fools in our country.
Some really GOOD NEWS after a long time Premium days are back again!!! What is so foolish in paying a premium for something you d'sire?
There is nothing bad in getting a Premium for something in DEMAND. Nobody has any qualms for the social disequilibrium in many spheres of society in INDIA.then why shouldnt a person who has got the allotment paper get some benefit.In my view, this some really EXCITING and Refreshing news after the days of ZEN,
Old 25th June 2008, 13:20   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
I think this is a problem with all the maruti models right from (As I Know, correct me if I am wrong) Zen(New), wegonR, Estem, Swift and the list is on and on.
Esteem has been discontinued long back, and Zen Estilo is having waiting period? (This is the first time i'm hearing this!)
Old 25th June 2008, 13:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Wow, ajay99, you sure seem to have a different view from the others on the thread.

As GTO said, this is just a case of demand exceeding supply. Though, I would not pay a premium for any car - would rather wait.
Old 25th June 2008, 15:05   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Wow, ajay99, you sure seem to have a different view from the others on the thread.

As GTO said, this is just a case of demand exceeding supply. Though, I would not pay a premium for any car - would rather wait.

i would say demand exceeding no supply
Old 25th June 2008, 15:12   #22
BHPian

I dont think there should be a waiting period or a premium on allotment papers for a family sedan like the D'zire.

Why launch a model if you can't make enough to sell?

What problem does Maruti have? I know we've had a thread going on this before but what, is there a shortage of steel? shortage of plastic?

I only hope the Nano doesn't command a premium. Because if that is funny, a premium on the Diesel Dzire is funny as well.
Old 25th June 2008, 15:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
What has this got to do with dealers? Is it directly put by them or some person tired of waiting decided to make money from the waiting period?
If this is done by Maruti then its real bad.
I still think that some smart person managed to do this to earn money.
I think that this is illegal and there is no direct involvement of Maruti in this, hopefully ).
Old 25th June 2008, 16:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Esteem has been discontinued long back, and Zen Estilo is having waiting period? (This is the first time i'm hearing this!)
hey man what i wanted to say is when ever maruti comes up with a new car or a model upgradation they have a long waiting period.
Old 25th June 2008, 16:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
Some really GOOD NEWS after a long time Premium days are back again!!! What is so foolish in paying a premium for something you d'sire?
There is nothing bad in getting a Premium for something in DEMAND. Nobody has any qualms for the social disequilibrium in many spheres of society in INDIA.then why shouldnt a person who has got the allotment paper get some benefit.In my view, this some really EXCITING and Refreshing news after the days of ZEN,

First you are waiting for the day petrol sells for 100 rupees a lit, and now this.Dude, you either need to get your head examined or you have inherited a large sum of money!
Old 25th June 2008, 16:28   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
when ever maruti comes up with a new car or a model upgradation they have a long waiting period.
No offense pal. There is a waiting period for even Zen Estilo. This time it is Maruti who is waiting- for a Buyer
Old 25th June 2008, 16:47   #27
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
No offense pal. There is a waiting period for even Zen Estilo. This time it is Maruti who is waiting- for a Buyer
well said WhiteKnight. Can A-Star be a replacement for Estilo(just a thought)
Old 25th June 2008, 21:34   #28
BHPian

OT::can i know where you have waiting period for zen?AFAIK zen has ready delivery available.
Old 25th June 2008, 22:43   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
OT::can i know where you have waiting period for zen?AFAIK zen has ready delivery available.
WhiteKnight meant to say that the Zen is waiting. For buyers. Good one!
Old 25th June 2008, 23:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
well said WhiteKnight. Can A-Star be a replacement for Estilo(just a thought)

The A-star since its concept stage was made to meet the lower end of the market. Most probably it wont be replacement of Zen Estilo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks