Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2008, 15:15   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
Das Auto is The Auto or the Automobile. How do I know? Karl Marx's Das Capital is The Capital.
yes 'Das Auto' in German is 'The Car'. How do I know? I speak a bit of German and love German Cars. And Beer. And their humour sense .
Old 6th September 2008, 23:23   #242
BHPian

Does anybody know when VW plan to open a showroom in Chennai?
Have to choose between the Laura and Jetta(if it comes here), dont mind buying the laura since the A.S.S. 'here' is really good.
Old 9th September 2008, 10:23   #243
BHPian

(The Jetta is a sedan/saloon version of the Golf)
Now that the new Golf VI has been leaked and probably available within the next six months (in Europe/NA/Rest of World EXCEPT India)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ictures-2.html

Is VW fobbing us off with an old model like Mercedes made the mistake of when they Launched the W124 E-Class and the rest of the world got the newer W210 model?
I doubt they have started production of the Jetta only to replace it within 6/12 months?
Old 1st October 2008, 22:20   #244
Senior - BHPian

A Jetta TDi was driven across 48 contiguous United States and the drivers created a guinness world record for lowest fuel consumption. The Jetta returned a mileage of 4.8L/100kms or 52.82mpg over the 20 day trip.

Do note that this was real time driving by real people unlike magazine driven ones we have in India. Also, the Jetta was the new clean diesel TDi and not the one we get in India.

Source: Canadian Driver.
Old 2nd October 2008, 08:23   #245
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
(Is VW fobbing us off with an old model like Mercedes made the mistake of when they Launched the W124 E-Class and the rest of the world got the newer W210 model?
I doubt they have started production of the Jetta only to replace it within 6/12 months?
The Jetta will typicallly come after 2 years. All Jetta's come from Mexico so they need to retool that factory.

A Cochin dealer has been apppointed, I understand but again Honda and Toyota have eaten the Jetta still born
Old 2nd October 2008, 08:46   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The Jetta will typicallly come after 2 years. All Jetta's come from Mexico so they need to retool that factory.
Not in the UK (I don't know if the UK versions are from Mexico), but every time a new Golf got launched, they Jetta followed within six months.
(At one time they even replaced the Jetta name with Bora, that failed so they switched back to Jetta)
Old 2nd October 2008, 13:17   #247
Team-BHP Support

Launches in the UK

Golf 3 released 1991, Vento came in 1993
Golf 4 released 1996 Bora 1998
Golf 5 released 2002 Jetta 2005

All Jettas 5's are built in Mexico as the US is its largest market. Kits come from Mexico for final assembly in China, South Africa and India
Old 2nd October 2008, 15:02   #248
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Do note that this was real time driving by real people unlike magazine driven ones we have in India. Also, the Jetta was the new clean diesel TDi and not the one we get in India.
An Octy, Logan or Dzire can easily break this record. My C220 consistently saw 6.1L / 100 on a recent trip to Goa. And this was with driving a fully-loaded car (passengers + week load of baggage) on an Indian highway with frequent smoke / tea stops.
Old 2nd October 2008, 15:49   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
An Octy, Logan or Dzire can easily break this record. My C220 consistently saw 6.1L / 100 on a recent trip to Goa. And this was with driving a fully-loaded car (passengers + week load of baggage) on an Indian highway with frequent smoke / tea stops.
I drove the earlier generation Mercedes E class over the last weekend to Pune. The best I managed was 6.5L/100kms. This was with 2 people and a fully loaded boot plus overnight bags on the backseat.

I am not denying that 4.8L/100kms is not achieveable by ordinary drivers like you and me driving modern diesel cars but I guess it's a big thing in the US where people still think that diesels are noisy and dirty. Also, the Jetta is the only affordable diesel sedan out there. Besides, you and I are not in the guiness book and they are.
Old 8th October 2008, 15:41   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
A Jetta TDi was driven across 48 contiguous United States and the drivers created a guinness world record for lowest fuel consumption. The Jetta returned a mileage of 4.8L/100kms or 52.82mpg over the 20 day trip.

Source: Canadian Driver.
Is India's diesel quality good enough for clean diesel TDi engines, cat. converters, and particulate filters?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks