Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2008, 20:06   #46
Team-BHP Support

Another prospective car gone down the drain thanks to the pricing. Why do the german's think that their car's are worth more money here in india.
Old 26th June 2008, 20:07   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Further quires please contact us at the below mentioned numbers.

Sales Hot line: + 91 9972922144
this line is going to get cold .. verry coooold
Old 26th June 2008, 20:34   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Another prospective car gone down the drain thanks to the pricing. Why do the german's think that their car's are worth more money here in india.

I can smell another opel in the making
Old 26th June 2008, 20:38   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Jetta range starts from just over £15K in the UK which is just over RS12 lakh.

How much is a new Octavia in India ?
Octavia prices starts at 10.5 lacs and goes upto 12.5 lacs I think. I'm pretty sure skoda's are overpriced in India
Old 26th June 2008, 21:32   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
Octavia prices starts at 10.5 lacs and goes upto 12.5 lacs I think. I'm pretty sure skoda's are overpriced in India
Thats not too bad then the TDi range starts at just less than £14K in the UK. The Laurin & Klement 2.0 TDI is just over £21K.

I would rather get an Octavia for 12.5L than a Jetta for 15-16L.
Old 26th June 2008, 21:40   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Thats not too bad then the TDi range starts at just less than £14K in the UK.
Are you talking of the new Octavia? Which is called the Laura here? If so, the prices go higher than 13L for the base version!
Old 26th June 2008, 22:02   #52
BHPian

Off topic. I was just pondering if it is high time that Maruti Suzuki should bring out a good D-segment or a trimmed down version of Kizashi. Then only other manufacturers will learn some lesson.
Old 26th June 2008, 22:21   #53
BANNED

Jetta sucks

guys, i too was excited for this car...but its sucks at this price. i am happy that i bought the civic, the jetta sucks in front of civic. i know its got the best build quality but that is it. civic wins hands down on every other aspect, be it exteriors, interiors, engine and honda reliability and civic's build quality is no way cheap or flimsy. jetts is priced so high and starts at 14 lakhs for such a ordinary looking car. it should've been priced at 10 lakh upwards.
Old 26th June 2008, 22:45   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicejits View Post
Today Morning got mail, Stating that VV Jetta I s launching India, Register for the same.
That isn't from VW India - it's from some random marketing firm. How'd you know it's authentic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
VW was forced to pull it's TDI cars from the North American markets because they werent' able to comply with the emission norms ( I know this since I used to sell VW's in Canada). I believe thats when they decided to switch to Crdi. But, the Bluemotion engines, I believe, do comply with the stringent North American emission norms so maybe it's still time till we see a CRDI VW.
While the diesels from VW and others were sold in most states, they were't legal in all 50 states. Diesels weren't sold in the states with the most problematic ("stringent") emissions regulations, namely, California, New York, Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts and (to an extent) Connecticut. The new ones from Mercedes, Audi, BMW, VW are being developed to be compliant in all the states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
civic wins hands down on every other aspect, be it exteriors, interiors, engine and honda reliability and civic's build quality is no way cheap or flimsy. jetts is priced so high and starts at 14 lakhs for such a ordinary looking car. it should've been priced at 10 lakh upwards.
In India, the biggest downfall will be the price. The Jetta, so far, has been a reliable and extremely well built car - the Civic's interior and exterior can try and come close to, but can't beat VW (yet) on that front.
While Jettas are pretty fuel efficient, I wonder how they'll match up to the Civic on that front.
Old 26th June 2008, 22:46   #55
BHPian

I can buy a Linea and a Hyundai Verna SX instead of buying a single silly Jetta!!!!
Old 26th June 2008, 23:36   #56
BHPian

The fact that the Skoda is a premium brand in India must have given VW sleepless nights deciding their pricing. Finally they've decided to price their offerings above the Skoda models because they do so elsewhere.

With the 1.6 petrol and diesel engines on offer, I would have expected the prices to be few lakhs lesser. With a 1.6L, just over 100bhp engine how would it even compete with the Civic - expect maybe because of the size. Atleast the petrol at this price is a joke.

Who knows! Skoda pulled one off on us Indians, VW might succeed too.
Old 27th June 2008, 00:57   #57
BHPian

I was pretty excited about the Jetta, but the pricing is on the higher side. Are these prices official or some guess work from the press?
Old 27th June 2008, 01:12   #58
BHPian

This was expected . AFAIK nowhere in the world VW cars are priced below the Skodas and unfortunatly same is the case here ... I wonder what would 've been the pricing if it was a CBU, 17-20 lacs ?
Old 27th June 2008, 01:16   #59
BHPian

I think the Indian prices are at par with the UK prices.Even the accord is similary priced.
Old 27th June 2008, 02:03   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
This was expected . AFAIK nowhere in the world VW cars are priced below the Skodas and unfortunatly same is the case here ... I wonder what would 've been the pricing if it was a CBU, 17-20 lacs ?
Never used to be, Skoda and Seat were the low end arms of VAG. Maybe things have changed.

Most Viewed