Team-BHP - Rumour : Is Ikon production to stop?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Rumour : Is Ikon production to stop? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/4158-rumour-ikon-production-stop.html)

I heard this through my father who got these words from an insider.

Rumour goes that Ford are planning to completley replace the Ikon with the Fusion, as they are not happy with it's performance lately. *sniff* my second favourite indian car( the 1.6) is going to die. My heart aches at the prospect.

Of course none of this is concrete yet, but it seems very beleivable indeed.

if this is true....it sucks!!!!

first the old city was killed and then the 1.6 palio was taken out. If the 1.6 ikon goes out too, it would mean the death of most if not all of the affordable 'drivers cars' available in the country.

isnt the flair doing well though? with high localisation they would be making a pretty penny on each...and what about the export market, dont they export the ikon to central america etc?

yeah, thats what's confusing, seems the profits wernt enough or something. They need to sell a particular number of cars a month to make profits, and it seems the present sales are falling short of that mark.

This is absolutely not true !

Ford will not stop producing their bread and butter model - and besides Fusion sales are still not taking off the way Ford expected. The Ikon still sells more than the Fusion - so Ford aint fools to stop producing the Ikon.

cheers

I just hope they launch the Ikon in a new look now. Agreed that the looks improved when they put the crystal clear lights with colourless sideindicators...but!!

The ikon is one of my favourite cars.. Just hope it doesnt stop.. But here I find it doing great business.. Wonder why they would think about stopping it?!!

I Luv the Ikon only One Ikon and tats NCs the color is really amazin formula red i guess but the ikon not doing business nowadays so maybe ford might give it a goodbye agree:

This is not going to happen. Maybe they may launch a new Ikon but ford will definately not stop it's production. What will they do in the plant if they stop production of the best selling model?

They plan to launch a lower D sement car.. :thumbs up

for starters i wont take this seriously no one stops the bread butter model

also the fusion is not and has not taken off very well especially with its pricing (i wud rather go for a Innova)

i wud prefer an ikon which suits the Indian buyer
a) better looks
b) FE on the car
c) cheaper spares
d) better after service network

it will still be a competent runner in the segment...........

Quote:

Originally Posted by vance0712
for starters i wont take this seriously no one stops the bread butter model

also the fusion is not and has not taken off very well especially with its pricing (i wud rather go for a Innova)

i wud prefer an ikon which suits the Indian buyer
a) better looks
b) FE on the car
c) cheaper spares
d) better after service network

it will still be a competent runner in the segment...........

I dont think so with morden cars comming up and also the FE of the ikon not that good.. compared to the competition, the diesel variant has stopped please:

Highly unlikely unless they have a replacement which fits exactly into its slot.
Fusion cannot 'replace' the Ikon.
Fusion is in another segment altogether and also in a difference price band.
The Ikon forms the bulk of the sales of Ford so I do see any reason for stopping it.
Besides as mentioned, it is also doing well in exports.
It is also quite popular as a taxi / tourist vehicle.

Unless islero means that only the 1.6 will be discontinued and the 1.3 will go on ?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikefreak
Highly unlikely unless they have a replacement which fits exactly into its slot.
Fusion cannot 'replace' the Ikon.
Fusion is in another segment altogether and also in a difference price band.
The Ikon forms the bulk of the sales of Ford so I do see any reason for stopping it.
Besides as mentioned, it is also doing well in exports.
It is also quite popular as a taxi / tourist vehicle.

Unless islero means that only the 1.6 will be discontinued and the 1.3 will go on ?!

WHAT.. they should never discontinue the 1.6 That engine is what has got Ikon the Josh character..:ZZZ:

i hope they replace the ikon with the focus sedan ...and keep the 1.6 rocam ..
focus should sell in the same segment ..looks better than the NHC any day .. even better bring in the focus hatch and get the 1.3 rocam going in that ..

cheers

so can anyone tell me whether it makes sense bookin a flair as of now , or will it be a depreciation disaster soon ?

manson .