Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2008, 07:45   #61
BHPian

[quote=dreamdiesel;1076094]I spotted this on Mysore road. The headlamps look BMWish. The tail lamps is similar to the Laura but smaller. Might be the Fabia sedan. Notice the double exhausts. Any thoughts on this? Is this the car we are talking about in this thread?

Looks like Skoda Superb...
Old 2nd December 2008, 09:14   #62
BHPian

new photos and old ones i got a while ago

hey guys check these pics out been snapping em for a while didnt get to post. all of them are on the road around bangalore.
the first two are the new skoda superb in testing.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP : New Skoda Superb Caught testing in Bangalore. PICS on Pg. 2,5-dsc00301.jpg  

SCOOP : New Skoda Superb Caught testing in Bangalore. PICS on Pg. 2,5-dsc00300.jpg  

Last edited by v12 : 2nd December 2008 at 11:07. Reason: Skoda pics moved from Supercars in Bangalore thread.
Old 2nd December 2008, 18:43   #63
BHPian

saw the superb around 2 weeks back on NICE road .
Old 2nd December 2008, 18:58   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
hey guys check these pics out been snapping em for a while didnt get to post. all of them are on the road around bangalore.
Had spotted the blue one on Mysore road sometime in June and my pics were published in the Jul issue of ACI and OD. Also got a 1 yr subscription to CI free
Old 2nd December 2008, 18:58   #65
BHPian

The rear looks SAAB inspired. Front end isnt bold enough. Sad i should say to see this new avatar. I would prefer the Laura looks any day.
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:05   #66
Senior - BHPian

This post also contains three images of a new Skoda being tested. IMO, this is surely the Superb.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1076079-post1.html

@mods: I am just posting the link of the post from another thread. If this is inappropriate, then delete this post.
Old 2nd December 2008, 20:33   #67
BHPian

I have also spotted a heavily camouflaged Skoda on Mysore road on the last two consecutive Sundays. Could not click pictures as it was always on the opposite lane .

Vaseem
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:58   #68
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
Nice pics. Looks like a BMW from the front & a Peugeot from the back.
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:56   #69
BHPian

Yup it is very beautiful and far more spacious. i got a photo of the interior too but that went for a tops as the guy saw me snapping and ran. but that thing MOVES like nobody's business. i was surprised to see the pace. what do you guys think will it make it with the new TSI? Or the new shared platform diesel?
Old 3rd December 2008, 13:38   #70
Senior - BHPian

That's deffinately the skoda Superb V6 petrol with twin exhaust. Had seen one at display at Autocar Performance show. Must say the car looked impressive from every angle with booth much bigger then the laura with twin gate petented technology. The leg room at the back is humungous. better then the current superb. The car looks classy and rich both from inside and outside. Log on to Skoda Uk website which has all the information about the New Superb, its performance, its weight and various features. Also, if you look at the pics of Superb V6 on the website you would know for sure its Superb V6 which is the only model which comes with twin exhaust. Skoda may launch this model later after the launch of 1.8 tsi and 2.0tdi. Cost for V6 petrol would anywhere near 24-25L ex showroom.
Old 3rd December 2008, 21:51   #71
Senior - BHPian

dreamdiesel you should be able to tell from the large size of the car that its not a Fabia. Like Invisible says, its the 280 bhp Superb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

2). It will cost 40 lakhs.

3). Another one will cost 80 lakhs. It will come with "2 engines". I asked him if he meant a hybrid, but he said no. Then he said it's a V6. 3.8 litre supposedly.
Supposed to have 3 engine options. Was announced at ACI performance show
-2.0 FSI direct injection petrol turbo
-2.0 diesel PD similar to Passat
-3.6 liter V6 petrol with almost 280 bhp

Last edited by Mpower : 3rd December 2008 at 22:12.
Old 4th December 2008, 03:40   #72
BHPian

Its from skoda, so they will price it properly. Thats the only thing best about cars from skoda. They price the vehicles sensibly. We feel a great VFM for all the cars, but its in their service aspect they destroy the reputation.

We dont get a car as VFM as a laura at the price which its comes for.

Get into a laura, we feel like, being in a big segment car.

So they should be pricing the new superb right for India
Old 4th December 2008, 09:26   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Thats the only thing best about cars from skoda. They price the vehicles sensibly.
6 Lakhs for a Fabia .

Yep I agree it's their costly spares and cost of maintenance which is a cause of discomfort and worry.
Old 4th December 2008, 14:56   #74
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodak View Post
6 Lakhs for a Fabia .
Make that 8 lacs for the "proper" Fabias.

Anyone who says that Skoda prices their cars well has got to be kidding. Selling the newer version of the Octavia (Laura) for 19 lakhs?!
Old 4th December 2008, 15:15   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Make that 8 lacs for the "proper" Fabias.

Anyone who says that Skoda prices their cars well has got to be kidding. Selling the newer version of the Octavia (Laura) for 19 lakhs?!
Over pricing, well almost all the cars which sell here are over priced if compared to other countries or even if the country they originate from. All goes down to blame to our tax structure which is one of the reasons.
I have been driving a Fabia diesel elegance since quite some time now. Must say everytime i get in it you do get the feeling that you are secured, and the interior quality is much higher compared to cars within the range of 10L. The car is rock steady at high speeds such 160. Which car would be at the price of 8L, makes me think now. Reading few reviews on the net about the new superb can say the skoda has improved its quality a notch above compared to the present superb. I also read somewhere that the new superb is suppose to be one of saffest cars in range of price it sells. Comes with 9 airbag, has a 5 star safety ratings, and quality of interior is compared to be even higher then the passat. Having sat in one at Autocar performance show must say din't feel I was seated in Skoda infact felt like being in car of much higher class.
Driving wise also its suppose to be much better then the previous generation superb. With multi link suspension using alluminium. As for value for money these cars from skoda are much stable at high speed therefore safer as well and other safety features of course, with a mileage of 50+miles per galon. How many cars can deliver that?
Am sure everyone of us has different perspective to look at it. But am sure the new superb would sell better then the current superb. It's deffinately going to be a class leader.

Last edited by Invinsible : 4th December 2008 at 15:21.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed