Team-BHP - SCOOP : New Skoda Superb Caught testing in Bangalore. PICS on Pg. 2,5
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   SCOOP : New Skoda Superb Caught testing in Bangalore. PICS on Pg. 2,5 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/41608-scoop-new-skoda-superb-caught-testing-bangalore-pics-pg-2-5-a.html)

Hi People

Last night saw the CNB show where they were testing the new superb

Today, About an hour ago i went to Silvertone Motors , moti Nagar to test drive the Laura( which was not available)

Then i asked the people about the Superb

They told me that the New superb is on its way to india and that the superb's manufacture has been stopped

They expect the car to come by October in 2 engines( which they could not confirm)

Looking at the car in the show really made me think about the car.
Nice touches

Boot opens in 2 options :

1. A button just to open the boot as a sedan
2. Push a button and then the other to join the boot with the glass and then it opens the way Octavia's boot opens

The Rear ac vents are not in the centre, but fitted in the B-Pillars

The New headlamps look awesome and the grille upfront is now broader, giving it a Big-Car-Feel

I just hope(though chances are less) that Skoda Prices it competitvely as compared to the camry and passat ( cant compare to the accord though) and if they can do so, they will have a winner at hands and a potential customer too (Not me, but My brother)

I was told November 08 when I spoke to Production Head at Skoda 4 weeks ago...he also said they were bringing 2.8TDI...the 8.8secs acceleration figures of the 2.0TDI quoted in ACI are so good I am surprised he did not say 2.0 liter...manufacturers in India are known to cut to smaller engines in new models...i.e W210 E250D moved in E220 CDI, Maruti Swift 1.3 with new model changes...seems Skoda is gunning for Merc/BMW/Audi/Passat/Accord....this is called real competition and finally customer seems to be becoming king as the days go by..I hope he was accurate:)

Well the car really looked awesome and with plush interiors, great design it rocks.

They just need to position it well in comparison to the passat , and skoda will definitely have a winner at hands.

I too saw the show on T.V, infact all major Auto shows on T.V seem to have covered the new Superb, Look wise, me personally really like the way the old Superb looked, I think the new one is better enginered, but look wise can't beat the old Superb.

Umm. That looked good, but then there was a resemblence with the octavia. This one looks totally different . The new headlights are much better than the old ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmanaman (Post 854407)
I too saw the show on T.V, infact all major Auto shows on T.V seem to have covered the new Superb, Look wise, me personally really like the way the old Superb looked, I think the new one is better enginered, but look wise can't beat the old Superb.

Do all these auto show fellows work in collaboration ? Almost at the same time, all these chaps seem to have featured the new Superb, either in Prague or Salzburg. But I guess the car is the same. Anyways the new Superb looked better, but somehow lacks that punch which a 20L car should possess. Not sure if its coming so soon to India.

I think I spotted a Superb in Bangalore, in Yelahanka-Doddaballapur road. It was parked under a tree. Unfortunately I couldn't take any pictures.

In a size wise comparison, is the size similar to a 5 series or a 7 series? I am guessing its somewhere between those two in a size comparison. Does anyone know?

Has anybody got good pictures of it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by srijit (Post 854628)
Has anybody got good pictures of it?

ATTACHED

PICS SOURCE: new.skoda-auto.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader (Post 854532)
Do all these auto show fellows work in collaboration ? Almost at the same time, all these chaps seem to have featured the new Superb, either in Prague or Salzburg. But I guess the car is the same. Anyways the new Superb looked better, but somehow lacks that punch which a 20L car should possess. Not sure if its coming so soon to India.

it is definitely coming to india, confirmed by many dealers in Delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spawnofsatan (Post 854626)
In a size wise comparison, is the size similar to a 5 series or a 7 series? I am guessing its somewhere between those two in a size comparison. Does anyone know?

The New Superb will be 4838 mm
while the 5 series or 7 series are 4841mm & 5179mm respectively. So Its as big as the 5 Series.( That means its huge)

Its looks awesome, wonder when its coming, it will surely cost more than current car

Looks pretty impressive. Hope it doesn't cost as much as a 5 :)
The rear is very un-Skoda-like. Interiors look neat!

The current Superb looks like a bigger Octavia, nothing more. I guess this one will take the game several levels higher in the looks department.

Any idea of the engines? Is it going to be the V6 TDi?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader (Post 854532)
Do all these auto show fellows work in collaboration ? Almost at the same time, all these chaps seem to have featured the new Superb, either in Prague or Salzburg.

They have must got an invitation from Skoda for a preview of the car.

Is it just me or does the rear remind people of the Renault Laguna?

this car surely looks much better than the present one.