Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2008, 11:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

There are two models which are referred to as the Gallant... the original north american Gallant which is a bigger car with a big engine (3.8 V6 MIVEC with 258bhp) and the JDM Gallant Fortis which essentially is the new Lancer. I hope its the latter and not the former.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 27th August 2008 at 11:14.
Old 27th August 2008, 11:13   #17
BHPian

Yeah i also noticed while browsing through mitsu website that cedia sports price is not listed. Hope they will introduce new model for it. But i guess mostly HM would have run out of sports kits so the delay.
Old 27th August 2008, 11:33   #18
BHPian

This guy also spoke about another model which could be upwards of 13 Lac mark and called it the 'Evolution'. I guess he was talking about the new Lancer.

He feels the changes to the sports version is going to be cosmetic with a climate control thrown in. And then, when he realised I wouldnt be booking anything other than the sports version, he said there are chances the Cedia Sports may be discontinued altogether!

By the way, there are giving away a 42' Inch Panasonic LCD TV exchangeable for Cash discount for booking before 31st August.
Old 27th August 2008, 18:35   #19
BHPian

Another update - Called Up HM directly at Chennai, call was passed on two guys. The reason is not the kits. It is a Model change, the guy said the stretched target for the launch is October- November but there is a good probablity it could happen sooner. When enquired if the proce would be relooked at he just said its not been decided.
Old 27th August 2008, 21:41   #20
BHPian

the new lancer?

does this mean we can expect the new lancer in india after diwali ?, HM, please get the evo along this time!.
evo! evo! evo!
Old 28th August 2008, 11:22   #21
BHPian

One for me as soon as Evo is in India, Have seen Evo in Mauritius this car rocks with its deadly looks..
Old 28th August 2008, 12:06   #22
BHPian

Yes! Three-- New Nacer, New Cedia Sports and the Evolution as well!
Old 28th August 2008, 12:56   #23

Hi, I had been recently to Southern Motors, the whole attitude has changed, no idea when the sports version of Cedia is available. They are arrogant bunch of people, no sales Manager. Hope HM closed the dealership of Soputhern Motors immediately
Old 28th August 2008, 14:33   #24
BHPian

i did manage to get a glimpse of the new lancer when i was in dubai a few months ago, some chinese guy was driving it, beautiful exhaust note it was a aftermarket one for sure
Old 28th August 2008, 18:46   #25
BHPian

a new lancer??? an Evolution??
Some might just have brushed it aside as a rumor
But I do see something happening on the postive front.
I haev talked in two dealership/service centres Metro motors's navi mumbai service centre and Shrusti Motors near hinjewadi ,PUne
And service advisors at both the places did quote that something new in on cards. the guy at shrushti said they expect a training on the cars soon.

Lets keep our fingers crossed for HM-mitsu to bring soemthing nice soon on display at their showroom.
Old 9th September 2008, 17:23   #26
BHPian

Guys, on checking with the dealer here,I understand that a facelifted version of the Cedia Spirit is expected in the next few days and this will be followed by the facelifted version of the Cedia Sports. The price points will be higher, but not clear by how much. Anyone else with any other info?
Old 9th September 2008, 18:12   #27
Senior - BHPian

It's confirmed from both the Delhi and Gurgaon dealers, cedia sports will get a facelift and climate control to be launched in navratra season.

Outlander launch is on October 3.

By the way, an image of the new lancer (galant fortis) spotted in Chennai is published in this month's ACI, last page. this car would come in Feb 2009.
Old 9th September 2008, 18:22   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
There are two models which are referred to as the Gallant... the original north american Gallant which is a bigger car with a big engine (3.8 V6 MIVEC with 258bhp) and the JDM Gallant Fortis which essentially is the new Lancer. I hope its the latter and not the former.
I used to drive a 2.4 ltr 4-cyl ~150 bhp Galant in the US. Not sure if this engine version is available now. That car was in the same league as 4-cyl Camry but more driver/performance oriented than the comfort oriented Camry. Galant was very good for driving on highways and hilly roads while it felt a bit noisy and unrefined in city.

Last edited by appuchan : 9th September 2008 at 18:23.
Old 11th September 2008, 11:56   #29
BHPian

I happened to speak to the sales guy at Southern Motors today. He was actually at Chennai in Outlander training. I asked about changes to CEDIA and Gallant – he says the officials are very tightlipped about anything so far – but some changes are expected soon.
Old 22nd September 2008, 17:32   #30
BHPian

Hey looks like a lot of cedias are getting sold in bangalore. About a year ago you could barely see a cedia maybe once in ten days or so. Now I see one almost everyday, and no, its not the same one. Have seen two blacks, a couple of greys a yellow and a blue. In fact the other day at the manipal center signal, I saw two other cedias at the same time. Looks like Mitsubishis ads are working.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed