Team-BHP - Mitsubishi Cedia sports - model change coming up?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mitsubishi Cedia sports - model change coming up? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/41689-mitsubishi-cedia-sports-model-change-coming-up.html)

Hi All,

I am Ajesh Kumar a recent joinee of team-bhp and this is my first post in team-bhp. I had booked a Cedia sports, Manchestor red and it was supposed to be delivered today. I got a call two days back from the dealership and to my dismay they told me that it is impossible to deliver the car since mitsubishi temporarily stopped the production of sports variant of cedia. They assured me that it is not going to be discontinued but some production issues made them stop the production of sports variant for the next two months. i was quiet disappointed and when i checked the mitsu-india web page, found that the prices of sport variant has been removed from the mitsubishi india web page substantiating what the dealer told. Now i tried with some other dealers and they too were on the same stance. Now i got a tip of from one of the dealership that it is because there is a model change going to happen for the sports variant and that is why this two month delay.
Could somebody here clarify this(checking with the dealership in your town?)?
I was waiting for the car for almost a month and now i had to cut down my sports aspirations. Now booked a black color spirit with spoiler and the fog lamps.

Regads,
Ajesh

Well I wouldnt trust statement of the person who talked about model change. If there was a Model Change.. Then it makes no point to stop production of present models Until they launch new ones officially.
I think Less demand has made them temporarily discontinue it and if demand stays like this then they may permanantly discontinue.
But still I dont get it. There is not Physical difference in normal and sprts model. Then why stop production? Its very complicated.

Well there is news that the new Mitsubishi Lancer is commin up in early 09'.

there is no model change for cedia. The HM guys have run out of kits since all there quota has sold out more than expected (they produce 200-250 sports per month, demand has risen since the launch of sports LPG) and they will get the kits from Japan after July.

so, delivaries will commence from August.

They should have known about the delay earlier. Did you pay the whole amount?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajeshnrd (Post 883812)
Hi All,

I am Ajesh Kumar a recent joinee of team-bhp and this is my first post in team-bhp. I had booked a Cedia sports, Manchestor red and it was supposed to be delivered today. I got a call two days back from the dealership and to my dismay they told me that it is impossible to deliver the car since mitsubishi temporarily stopped the production of sports variant of cedia.
Regads,
Ajesh

Ajesh,

Why don't you speak to HM directly? I will give the contact details of HM's territory manager in a private message. He can certainly give you a clarity about the situation. I was in touch with him when I bought my Cedia and he helped me a lot in that deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 883985)
there is no model change for cedia. The HM guys have run out of kits since all there quota has sold out more than expected (they produce 200-250 sports per month, demand has risen since the launch of sports LPG) and they will get the kits from Japan after July.

so, delivaries will commence from August.

I too thought so. But what is the source of this information?. I will not be surprised if they stop importing the kit one fine day.

Did u enquire at both the dealers ie Marikar and Geo Motors??

OT but u can get the Cedia Sports type skirts in the market..

Thats sounds like the typical dealer hogwash. Mitsubishi India isnt exactly in a position to stop models to release newer ones.

Quote:

"The HM guys have run out of kits since all there quota has sold out more than expected "
oh ok... i didnt quite know about this... and i believe the dealer here is also in the dark! or are they?

Quote:

They should have known about the delay earlier. Did you pay the whole amount?
infact they told me about the delay only on the day the bank loan was to be disbursed... i had a tough time fighting with the bank excutives to delay the payment!

Quote:

Did u enquire at both the dealers ie Marikar and Geo Motors??
i booked the car from GEO, since i got a deal which i thot was good, i didnt bother to enquire at Marikar... i was quite happy with all their dealings. only after this disappointmenti called up marikar guys. that was a funny part. they also confirmed that i will have to wait atleast for two months... it is from them that i heard about the model change!!! i dont know what was with that excecutive, he was telling me to go for a honda city if i have an urgent requirement!!!

I was at Southern Motors last weekend and indeed a Sports Cedia is not available right away. reason: high demand and unavailable kits. I came to know that the entire car is CKD and everything has to be shipped from Australia. It seems there were defective parts in some kits as a result Sports verison is affected.Also came to know that Mancehster red is not at all available. when i asked about discounts, i was offered 20K max on the sports model. How much cash discount can be availed for the Sports model? The sales person was saying, the amount of discount depends on how much I can bargain with the financing bank from their prevailing interest rates. But HM can only give 20K discount. I know this sales guy is BS. I have read some owners were given 40-50 K discount.In that case how can i bargain for more from Southern Motors. Now that they are the sole dealership in Bangalore they are kind of arrogant all of a sudden.

Thats news to me. I got a call this morning from the salesguy, who had given me the test drive, from Geo. I did not know about the sports version not being available, nor did he tell me anything about it.

I remember the sales guys quoting your name (Ajesh) when they had come down to technopark last week with a yellow sports model.

@sidindica
To the best of my knowledge they dont have the Sports LPG version any more.

@somebodystopme
There is physical difference between the sports and the other variants, the sports has the kit which makes it longer and also has the skirts.

HM would have sold all cars that they had produced because of the high demands. I think its worth waiting few months more, if you are not in a big hurry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazikon (Post 885411)
I was at Southern Motors last weekend and indeed a Sports Cedia is not available right away. reason: high demand and unavailable kits. .

Yes, that is the information I have as well. But I also believe that there could be a facelift to the existing version in a couple of months. In addition to poor marketing &average service , now add poor communication & poor procurement to HM's woes.
Quote:

But HM can only give 20K discount. I know this sales guy is BS. I have read some owners were given 40-50 K discount.In that case how can i bargain for more from Southern Motors. Now that they are the sole dealership in Bangalore they are kind of arrogant all of a sudden
There is definite truth in what you are saying. There is no doubt about the fact that sole dealership has changed matters and Southern is reluctant to give discounts - the entire attitude & demeanour has changed. All this makes life difficult for a prospective buyer, who in any case needed a lot of self-convincing to start with. Mitusbishi Cedia continues to be an attractive VFM car, but it is incredible to believe the levels of poor dealership,poor communication & marketing and overall self destructive approach.

Quote:

I did not know about the sports version not being available
It seems like they ran out of kit only for Manchester red cedia sports.

I had called up Narain the regional manager(not sure) today morning to enquire about the situation(Thanks Saji for providing his number). He seemed really a nice guy, told me about the kit shortage they are facing and according to him there is no chance that one may get a manchester red cedia within the next two months :(

Quote:

I think its worth waiting few months more, if you are not in a big hurry.
i was not in a hurry, but since i wasnt informed about the delay till the last moment, i had pushed for the early processing of bank loan. i got a call from the dealership informing about the delay only on the day the amount was to be transferred! could have done something to delay it for two months or so, but then i was not ready to take another chance :)

The Model change is a reality.I had called Southern Motors couple of weeks back and was given the 'running out of kits' line and they would have it ready by September. I took a TD with Southern Motors today and was got the discontinued Cedia Elegance. I got a little pally with the sales guys over the 25 km drive and what he told was exactly this - he confirmed the model change while not being not sure exactly when that is going to happen. He infered Mitsubishi is non-commital and has been secretive. They have not got the pricing either which they should have. He was wagering it could be a lakh above the outgoing sports model.

hey guys, i saw the article in ET which talked about the Mitsubishi Lancer Gallant being launched in Oct this year? is this in addition to the new Cedia Sports model? Or is the cedia sports gone for good? Does anyone have any info on this? I searched the forum but could not find any info on this Lancer Gallant.