Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2008, 20:24   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post

Note: For these unfortunate accidents, you will have to claim insurance and thats what the insurance is meant for. This is true for all cars.
I believe as the car gets older insurance coverage reduces substancially due to depreciation. e.g. my dad has the OHC VTEC. In heavy traffic conditions (i.e. low speeds) he got rear-ended by 2 trucks from either side. Both tail lamps smashed and body (behind the rear doors) was damaged on either side. The outside sheet was cut. Honda guys estimated a bill of 50K with about 50% covered by insurance (car was about 5 yrs old then). He got it repaired outside for 20K from a small garage (hence could not put up a claim).
Old 2nd July 2008, 20:33   #122
BANNED

Does this thread answer that? This thread is only assumption, extrapolation & speculations. Without concrete data to back it, its just hearsay and a bit of gossip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
After going through this whole thread no one will accept Answer
Old 2nd July 2008, 20:37   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You were there after few minutes - so you are not sure of what exactly happened. Seeing the cycle & NHC you assume they had collision. Did the NHC, driven by a novice driver, without license, collide against anything else? No idea.

So you report NHC & cycle collided and NHC damaged. And you generalize that this will happen to all NHC & cycle collisions.

What next?
i think you dont read the posts carefully. i have explained thrice that there is no ambiguity in anyones mind regarding the accident those who travel by the same road or those who saw the accident. i laughed at your statement "Seeing the cycle & NHC you assume they had collision" How tomake assumptions boss when u see both the NHC and cycle mated to each other right in the centre of the road. the front tyre of the cycle was entangles with the front of NHC. apart from this the driver was there shocked and surrounded by security on the spot. so no theory of assumptions.

Quote:
Did the NHC, driven by a novice driver, without license, collide against anything else? No idea.
now i cannot explain you more since you seem to be a die hard fan of honda city and you are shocked to believe that the NHC has just hit a cycle.

Please refer to a paint drawing which i tried to make. the road has nothing else that can be hit. no stones, no trees and no dividers. see the position of both cycle and honda city.

"And you generalize that this will happen to all NHC & cycle collisions."

you seem to say that all NHC are made different.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City Woes!! Shame on toughness-tml.jpg  

Old 2nd July 2008, 20:48   #124
Team-BHP Support

If the NHC hits a cycle and crumples up, people say it's got good crumple zones and it's doing what it's supposed to do. If a skoda hits any object and there is no damage what soever to it, then everyone goes wah wah what build quality.

So in this case the honda city was designed to topple over to prevent any damage to the auto rickshaw. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ajaj-auto.html (Accident: Honda City VS Bajaj Auto)

This was what happened to a NHC when it was tapped from behind:

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Here are the pics which i had clicked from Wheeliej's accident.

The Honda City :

And, here is the Accent which rear-ended the City.

Old 2nd July 2008, 20:54   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Does this thread answer that? This thread is only assumption, extrapolation & speculations. Without concrete data to back it, its just hearsay and a bit of gossip.
You gave the answer "NO" without any concrete data. Before you ask someone first you provide the data.

check out this thread of unhappy Honda guy and why he says "DONT BUY HONDA".
Beware of Honda Cars India: Why you should *not* buy a Honda car in India
Old 2nd July 2008, 21:06   #126
Senior - BHPian

Damn It, Hero Honda seems to be safer than the Honda City.
See the dent above the cabin. it could have easily hit the drivers head.

And about the frame and blah blah of NHC by some people here i cannot think more about it after seeing the below snaps.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City Woes!! Shame on toughness-42037.jpg  

Honda City Woes!! Shame on toughness-42038.jpg  

Honda City Woes!! Shame on toughness-34376.jpg  

Honda City Woes!! Shame on toughness-34377.jpg  

Old 2nd July 2008, 21:12   #127
Senior - BHPian

and this is what a frame/shell is called , skoda ripped off still the occupants managed to walk safely.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City Woes!! Shame on toughness-56674.jpg  

Old 2nd July 2008, 21:13   #128
Senior - BHPian

OT:

@diabloo: I admire your passion for your City.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd July 2008 at 12:53. Reason: On request of both parties!
Old 2nd July 2008, 21:16   #129
BHPian

After seeing the pictures, Honda city owners should drive the car very slowly. Now I knew why they don't have airbags in Honda City (though they have now after SX4 launch, just to say they have airbags ), the purpose would not be solved.

hope the 3G HC will solve this.
Old 2nd July 2008, 21:42   #130
Senior - BHPian

Hmm.. If given a choice, i d rather have an accident in a "thin metal" Honda City, rather than a "thick metal" Tata Indigo..

Also, I have had an accident in my Lancer.. where my speed overtook my driving talent.. and my car met a concrete divider.

The impact was at atleast 70 kmph, and all 3 of us in the car gone out without a scratch. The car, obviously had to be towed and cost about 2 lacs to repair but all of the occupants went to work the following day..

The crash was surprisingly civilized, and we did not actually realize how much damage had been done until we got out of the car. The "thin metal" lancer took the brunt of the impact and saved my skin.
Old 2nd July 2008, 21:43   #131
BHPian

My imagination goes this way. 3G HC will have crush-able airbags. Something like the airbags burst even before it is serves the actual purpose. Honda fans may argue that this is anothet feature of Honda which would avoid injury due to airbag. And Honda may sell it as another added safety feature.
Die-hard Honda fans, I did not intend any offense here. I just wanted to point out how weak is your argument on crumple zone and safety aspects in NHC.
Old 2nd July 2008, 21:46   #132
BHPian

why can't Honda produce ejector seats as in aircraft, that should be best for Honda city.
Old 2nd July 2008, 22:04   #133
BHPian

I think we should open up a poll to see which car will be chosen by Team-BHP-ians as the least safe car in 7L-10L range where the NHC belongs to.
Old 2nd July 2008, 22:32   #134
Senior - BHPian

the poll was already there, but admin closed it because it was 2 years old post according to him

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ar-poll-3.html

the poll doesnt show good results for NHC. fiat seems to be the strongest
Old 2nd July 2008, 23:36   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Vid,

I was looking for WheelieJ's thread too. It seems that the NHC has a lot of crumple zones around it that ensures that its the 1st vehicle damaged in an accident to aid the safety of all around and that also aids in fuel efficiency thus making it the best car ever made in India.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed