Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2011, 15:45   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: My experience with JD Power Quality survey

was doing an assignment on service quality management in auto service sector, and after a bit of research and fact finding, I got some interesting results. I was comparing two companies approaches ( lets say A & B ). A uses JD power's criterion to internally tune their quality processes with an emphasis on those areas JD power measures. B tracks the customers who are surveyed by JD power ( Hmm, Wonder where it got that info), and gives them the special treatment to ensure good scores. Both these cos have made some decent headway on their JD power scores in the past few years, but if you use another benchmark, say TNS TRI*M, both of them are no better or worse.

With companies trying this hard to manipulate their JD power scores like this, I guess JD power do try their bit to get real world data. Close enough, but still no cigar.

Last edited by greenhorn : 8th March 2011 at 15:48.
Old 14th January 2012, 16:21   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
We had got a call from JD Power survey about the experience with our Hyundai dealership( Om Hyundai, Junagadh). My brother ,really angry with Om Hyundai's service standard and inability to solve issues with our car, gave a rating of 0 to 3 in all aspects. The RO in Ahmedabad came to know about our ratings given to Om Hyundai and informed the workshop.
I'm surprised no one has bought this up yet. Wouldnt this cast serious question to the integrity of the JD power survey? Everyone seems to take the JD power survey as the truth, while in reality, every JDP surveyor would appear to be acting hand in glove with the dealers, else how would you imagine a dealer having access to JDP survey information in depth?
Old 14th January 2012, 20:39   #33
BANNED

Had a very interesting experience with them. They called about a service feedback. I asked service or the subsequent repairs. First she said the latest interaction, then the girl said service, and then she abruptly hung up. Some survey!
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 10:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I'm surprised no one has bought this up yet. Wouldnt this cast serious question to the integrity of the JD power survey? Everyone seems to take the JD power survey as the truth, while in reality, every JDP surveyor would appear to be acting hand in glove with the dealers, else how would you imagine a dealer having access to JDP survey information in depth?
I simply do not have any faith all these surveys and car magazines. They are hand in glove with the manufacturer/dealer .

Its very similar to the feedback one gives to a mobile phone company after you make a call to the helpline. "Hello. You just spoke to Mr XXX , if you are satisfied wit the response, reply Yes or No to XXX(toll free)." The moment you send "No", you get a reply stating "Invalid response". They are simply not willing to take a negative response. The same applies to the said car co as well.

As long as you are sing praises for them, you are a "good" customer, If you raise your voice against their poor service and severe issues you face with the car, you are a "bad" customer. The same feedback we had provided to JD Power. We had even asked the JD Power guy on the line whether we could send a detailed mail to them as to why we were so upset with Hyundai and its service center. The answer given was a negative and that they were there only to take the ratings.

Believe me when I say this, one of the reasons why those jokers in the Hyundai A.S.S in Junagadh wrecked my car's interiors, hatch door and alloy wheel was the response we gave to JD Power. The wise men sitting in the Hyundai RO in Ahmedabad are very well aware of this, yet they chose to sit on it. When these people in the RO, who are supposed to oversee the performance of the service centers under their jurisdiction act so partially and attempt to cover up their service center's misdeeds, what can one expect from them? They are not only cheating me, but cheating their own conscience, that is if they have one

Last edited by skanchan95 : 15th January 2012 at 10:05.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 07:58   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

JD Power: 2013 India SSI Study On Vehicle Shoppers.

Among the 13 brands ranked in the mass market segment, Honda and Maruti Suzuki rank highest (in a tie) with a score of 849. Hyundai, Mahindra and Toyota follow in the rankings, with all three brands tied at 841.

Vehicle shoppers in India are increasingly considering a used vehicle during their shopping process for a new vehicle.
The study finds that 13 percent of new-vehicle buyers considered a used vehicle during their shopping process, a 10 percent increase over the past three years.

Seven factors that contribute to new-vehicle buyers' overall satisfaction with the sales experience (listed in order of importance): delivery process, delivery timing, salesperson, sales initiation, dealer facility, paperwork and deal.
Overall sales satisfaction in the mass market segment is 841 index points on a 1,000-point scale, a 21-point increase from 2012.

The study is based on responses from 8,434 new-vehicle owners who purchased their vehicle between September 2012 and April 2013, and includes evaluations of more than 71 models within the mass market category. The study was fielded from March to July 2013.

http://www.drivespark.com/four-wheel...rs-005394.html
Old 28th November 2013, 14:51   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Asia Pacific 2013 India Initial Quality Study (IQS).

Maruti Suzuki's Alto 800 (entry compact) and Swift (premium compact) rank highest for the second consecutive year in their respective segments.

My experience with JD Power Quality survey-d6c30e1a9f06b6f2b2cde7a7e12483b7x.jpg

Quote:
The study, now in its 17th year, measures problems owners experience with their new vehicle during the first two to six months of ownership. The study examines more than 200 problem symptoms covering eight vehicle categories (listed in order of frequency of reported problems): engine and transmission; vehicle exterior; driving experience; HVAC; features, controls and displays; vehicle interior; seats;and audio, entertainment and navigation. All problems are summarized as the number of problems per 100 vehicles (PP100). Lower PP100 scores indicate a lower rate of problem incidence and therefore higher initial quality
Source:JD Power
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 10:30   #37
BHPian

For GTO/MODS

How about Team BHP coming out with its own online only survey similar to JD Power for Indian Cars. It should also include price vs reliability factor, which is generally so skewed in India (Skoda/German cars etc).
MADMAX111 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 11:29   #38
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX111 View Post
For GTO/MODS

How about Team BHP coming out with its own online only survey similar to JD Power for Indian Cars. It should also include price vs reliability factor, which is generally so skewed in India (Skoda/German cars etc).
Good idea. But it is very difficult for Team BHP. (I think.)

Yes, this could be fulfilled in an indirect way.
Ensure that every one shares his ownership experiences + Service information + Problems/niggles faced during ones ownership + Issues with service stations.

May be, if we could pull out a report out of it, then it should be good.

Old 29th November 2013, 11:45   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Asia Pacific 2013 India Initial Quality Study (IQS).
After all the complaints on Euro cars in other threads recently we find VW Polo, Vento and Skoda Rapid in top 3 in respective categories
Hope they are really working their way up.
Old 14th December 2014, 19:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

I had a doubt about the methodology used for JD power. If you look at the figure above, the footnote says
Quote:
Official rankings are published only for segments with at least three models with sufficient sample and at least one with an IQS score better than segment average.
How can it be possible that all models in a segment can have score lesser than the average? This is statistically impossible, and the only other place I've seen this on employee appraisal ratings
Old 14th December 2014, 21:03   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
How can it be possible that all models in a segment can have score lesser than the average? This is statistically impossible, and the only other place I've seen this on employee appraisal ratings

You missed the words with a sufficient sample. If you had a segment with 4 or 5 different low volume products with low sample sizes that are all below segment average and one or two higher volume products above average, you could end up there.
Old 21st April 2015, 12:31   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

JD power Quality Survey 2014.

Alto retains the top slot in the entry level segment, Brio in the upper compact segment and Swift in the Premium compact segment.

Honda's Quality seems deteriorated in its Mid size and its compact sedan segments.

Honda City ranks last in 2014 whereas was the leading the Quality chart in 2013.

My experience with JD Power Quality survey-jdpowerinitialqualitysurvey2014.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st April 2015 at 12:36.
Old 21st April 2015, 12:48   #43
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't this organisation have some questionable practices? Automakers have to pay for actual information about the problems listed, the biggest customer is Toyota, rest of the industry, especially the Europeans tend to not pay as they find the whole thing too opaque.
Old 26th May 2016, 12:45   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota tops JD Power dealer satisfaction study for sixth consecutive year. Nissan , Tata and Fiat and the bottom 3 !

Quote:
Among dealers in the top quartile of satisfaction, 94% indicate they are likely to be working with the same automaker at least for another two years. In contrast, among dealers in the bottom quartile of overall satisfaction, only 63% expect to be working with the same nameplate in two years’ time.
My experience with JD Power Quality survey-jdpowerlatest.jpg

http://www.autocarpro.in/news-nation...secutive-20105

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th May 2016 at 12:50.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks