Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2008, 12:02   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
No you won't. We went there and had to TD a verna instead

if the car is not available at HMP then acc. to me it will not be available with any other dealer as well.

but why hyundai is not having a test drive vehicles??.why do every time a customer asks for a test drive car,they ask for TDing verna instead..
Old 3rd July 2008, 12:06   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
if the car is not available at HMP then acc. to me it will not be available with any other dealer as well.

but why hyundai is not having a test drive vehicles??.why do every time a customer asks for a test drive car,they ask for TDing verna instead..
Cars which don't sell are not kept in stock.
For example when I went for a Safari TD, I had to TD a 4x2 and not a 4x4.
Ditto for getz.
Its on order, so you can't TD it unless you buy it.

A showroom has to buy TD cars. So they invest in cars which sell a lot. A car which gets just 2% of TD enquiries... well that goes bust.
Old 3rd July 2008, 16:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I've been on their GetzD TD waiting list for nearly two months now
Baaahhh...get in line boy! I've been on that list for over 7 months now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
No dealer in NCR/UP has a TD car for the Getz CRDi. I've been offered a proper TD on a customer car (awaiting delivery!) by the Moradabad dealer & a small TD (within compound premises!) by HMP also on a customer car. I refused on both occasions.
Old 3rd July 2008, 16:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
try sending a complaint letter to their management(high official), response should be quick. i once had problems with my car & wrote directly to BVR subbu, he personally got the matter sorted out.
If I'm not wrong, BVR Subbu quit Hyundai a couple of years back; with his exit fell Hyundai's pricing, sales and marketing strategies... they are scrambling to get to their fundamentals!
Old 3rd July 2008, 17:33   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Cars which don't sell are not kept in stock.
For example when I went for a Safari TD, I had to TD a 4x2 and not a 4x4.
Ditto for getz.
Its on order, so you can't TD it unless you buy it.

A showroom has to buy TD cars. So they invest in cars which sell a lot. A car which gets just 2% of TD enquiries... well that goes bust.

ok,i agree on the investment part,but atleast HMP can afford the investment of getzD.there would have been many customers who would want to TD a car before buying
Old 3rd July 2008, 18:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Baaahhh...get in line boy! I've been on that list for over 7 months now!!
Gurudev,

Shri Shri 1008 tyrewala ji ke hum aagey kaise lag sakte hain. Hum toh sirf thread starter abodh baalak se aagey hain.

Quote:
.... a small TD (within compound premises!) by HMP also on a customer car. I refused ....
Ditto shame. I was given the same option even by Safdarjung Hyundai but I said either I'll TD a staffer's car or a TD piece not a customer's car. This is weird.

How do Mercedes/other premium brands handle this quandary?
Old 3rd July 2008, 18:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gurudev,

Shri Shri 1008 tyrewala ji ke hum aagey kaise lag sakte hain. Hum toh sirf thread starter abodh baalak se aagey hain.
Nahi nahin just kidding! Anyway, I have finally secured an extended TD which I hope to do soon!

Quote:
How do Mercedes/other premium brands handle this quandary?
By having a TD car available of all versions of all models, at least the mass selling ones. For instance MBIL sent 4 cars for my friend's TD, C180 Manual, C180 Auto, C200 CDI Manual, C200 Auto.
Old 3rd July 2008, 19:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
By having a TD car available of all versions of all models, at least the mass selling ones. For instance MBIL sent 4 cars for my friend's TD, C180 Manual, C180 Auto, C200 CDI Manual, C200 Auto.

I think it is mandatory for a Merc Dealer to have a TD for every model within 2 months of the model's launch. Till then the company sends its own vehicle to every dealer and takes it back after 60 days.

Correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 4th July 2008, 00:48   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
If I'm not wrong, BVR Subbu quit Hyundai a couple of years back; with his exit fell Hyundai's pricing, sales and marketing strategies... they are scrambling to get to their fundamentals!
yes you are right , i was talking of a couple of years back. subbus exit did affect hyundai for sometime, but it got back on its feet pretty quickly. as they say organizations are bigger than a worker . so, the show must go on, as mr. subbu went on.
hyundai is having strong fundamentals whatsoever. according to a survey in UK , they are among the top 5 manufacturers.
Old 16th July 2008, 15:01   #25
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I happen to have a TD in Mumbai and this car Rocks, i own a OHC 1.5 with Magnaflow, Iridiums and K&N's and i felt as much as home in the Getz. I have booked the car and will get the delivery in a week from now.

Cheers !!!
Old 16th July 2008, 20:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

I also tried in vain to get a TD of the Hyundai Tuscon in Kolkata. All the dealers failed to deliver.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks