Team-BHP - Old City Vtec
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Old City Vtec (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/4201-old-city-vtec-3.html)

Well, i can't see how the fuel level creates wheel lockup. When the tank is full, the car is heavier and the chances of wheel lockup should decrease.

Most probably it's just a psychological thing. You must be using a lot of braking force when the tank is full or maybe the road surface might have been slippery when this happened.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Well, i can't see how the fuel level creates wheel lockup. When the tank is full, the car is heavier and the chances of wheel lockup should decrease.

Most probably it's just a psychological thing. You must be using a lot of braking force when the tank is full or maybe the road surface might have been slippery when this happened.

Shan2nu

agree: COG has nothing to do with ur wheels locking up. you sure its the front wheels locking up? i suggest you get your rear drums checked up. some times in case the cylinder in the rear drums seize or malfunction or bcas of some probs, the rear wheels tend to lock even under slight pressure. just get the car checked.

when the weight gets transferred to the front, then the frictional resistance your front tires generate would increase as it is directly propotional to the product of the weight acting on the front and the co-efficient of friction. so the more stopping power you would get. but whatever increase you would get with the fuel splashing around will not be significant.

tires lock up when the frictional force generated is less than the momentum of the car (product of mass and velocity).

normally in road cars the bottle neck for the retarding force you get is the co-efficient of friction (read as rubbers ur ride is wearing). so get better rubbers, the tendency of wheels to lock up will reduce as the tires will generate a greater retarding force.

Maybach,

why dont u install ABS on ur NHC ?

problem solved !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Maybach,

problem solved !!

dint know u cud install a after market one. should cost a bomb though i think throw some light on this plz

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Maybach,

problem solved !!

Hey NC where will i get the ABs to install it. Was thinking of doing it long time back but dont know where i will get it.

Shantanu i have noticed wheels lock up only on full tank and that also on normal braking :mad: On all road surfaces this happens. I guess after boosting the power i need wider rubber.

Manson not comparing it to F1 cars dude. No indian car can be compared to an F1 car. Actually no car in the world can be compared leaving out the Enzo clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by maybach

Manson not comparing it to F1 cars dude. No indian car can be compared to an F1 car. Actually no car in the world can be compared leaving out the Enzo clap:

i think you forgot to mention
mclaren f1

then go for wider rubbers dude. remember when it comes to cars nothing is absurd. you know the potiac story? the guy stopping the car to get ice creams and the car sputtering???

BTW wat mods are you doin to your ride?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp
i think you forgot to mention
mclaren f1

Well the Enzo has been tested by Micheal Schumacher to make it the closest to a road going F1 car please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrie
BTW wat mods are you doin to your ride?

Well just going in for perfomance mods like a K n N, free flow without headers and lets see what else is possible.

some time back some dude i know told me his friend got a honda city vtec for 7 laks brand new from gujrat. no colour choice though. wanted to contact that guy but i lost his no. :mad: :mad: dunno how much of it can be true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesal
some time back some dude i know told me his friend got a honda city vtec for 7 laks brand new from gujrat. no colour choice though. wanted to contact that guy but i lost his no. :mad: :mad: dunno how much of it can be true.

agree: i have posted the topic about the same.. and if you people have any idea then do find out as i am in love with the OHC vtec and want a first hand one only. 7 lakh for a Vtec is less then the NHC as well with power that is not beaten by any one in the under 10 lac segment. Jesal kindly do a research on this and latter we can stock up vtecs in out garage.

oh jeeeeeesssss! I can't believe this topic is still going strong!

Don't tell me there are people here who believe that you can buy a "NEW" type II Honda City.

Do you seriously think Honda would continue making the OHC? And then keep it a secret?!? What on earth would a company have to gain by doing this?

Next someone will say that they know someone who's aunties, uncle's, friends, sisters, cousin bought a "NEW" RD 350! Yea...and I see dead people.

Lol Rtech.
Anyone tell me whether waiting for the NHC VTEC will be worth it?
Or should i continue my search for the old one?

Well Rtech i really dont know, i guess will have to find out. I will call Honda and speak to them and will post. Well Honda may not be producing the vehicles in bulk. Must be producing very few and that also on made to order basis. Like the 1.6 palio is available if you give a bulk order of 10 units.

Quote:

Well Honda may not be producing the vehicles in bulk. Must be producing very few and that also on made to order basis.
Maybach, do you have any idea as to how much it would cost Honda to hold on to the production equipment and toolings for the OHC? It does not share a single part with the NHC.

Quote:

I will call Honda and speak to them and will post.
Yes, please call up Honda and place an order for the OHC. If there is a minimum quota to be met, order 5 for me as well.

Quote:

Like the 1.6 palio is available if you give a bulk order of 10 units.
The Palio 1.6 shares all its components with the 1.2 which is still produced. Everyting except the engine which was imported as a CBU from the very first day. So obviously it is not much of a problem for Fiat to make 1.6 Palio's to order.