Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2005, 16:05   #1
BHPian

Baleno Check -Delhi

I read 2 posts which have the same opinion on Baleno.

1. Interiors are bad - this is ok .
2. Engine Vibrations , Gear shift very rusty , feels like Diesel engine.
3. horn - was very loud - was actually turned onto the driver .

Both of them are from mouthshut.com. I asked one of the person who posted , which car he drove , could it have been an old car . He replied saying that it was a brand new car. Some Dealer - PASCO Automobiles - Peeragarhi . I dont know where Peersgarhi is - I assume that it is in Delhi .

Anyway , exactly after 2 weeks , another post , identical to the other person appears on the Website. I assume that he too may have visited this dealer and drove the asme car.

I disagrree with both of them. I own a Baleno and I am Satifies with the peformance of the car . However , is anybody close to this dealer ?. could anyone Test drive this dealer Baleno ?.
Please let me know .
Old 1st March 2005, 17:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

i love my baleno!!!
i dont think it has gear shift problems or vibrations at all. in fatc it is better than my accent and lancer...the only plus of the lancer is driver sits very comfortably...!

Last edited by iceman91 : 1st March 2005 at 17:16.
Old 1st March 2005, 17:41   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

PASCO is in delhi,i agree the interiors are not what is are expected from a car of this segement and gearshift is a bit rubberish but overall the car is very nice to drive with the puncy engine never giving up and ride is really very good,though the exerirs are not exciting escpeciall the rear taillamps.
Old 1st March 2005, 18:00   #4
BHPian

I am and did the test drive two weeks back. The place is in west delhi and placed next to Ring road Honda. I drove the car which had 107 kms on odo and was right in the heart of showroom. They did not had any other Baleno so eventually rolled the car outta showroom for test drive. I have not read in mouthshut.com, however
would say an instant yes to all that you ve picked from the site. Must say that after the drive, i was very disappointed and thought even at 5.6 lacs it was not worth it.
I guess its only one car that the dealer has and wants to push desperately.

Tarun
Old 1st March 2005, 19:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

I used to work at PASCO Peeragarhi as the CUstomer Care Manager last year, never test drove the baleno there but i might just drop by in a few days to check the car out, even otherwise i wudnt suspect the car to be faulty, balenos do have a tendency to feel awkward to drive to a few people.
Old 1st March 2005, 21:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

Talking about PASCO automobiles Peeragarhi.. i have a similar story.
It all started about 1 and a half year back when me and my dad decided to upgrade from our M800 to a Maruti Alto lxi. We test drove the vehicle first at DD motors Wazirpur. The test drive was quite satisfying, and we almost decided to buy that car. But then the very next day, we say an advertisment in HTC of Pasco automobiles offering "great deals" on Alto, zen etc. So we decided why not give Pasco a try and then again there we were offered a Test drive.
All bad things started there. Autopsyche, i dont know whether you know of this incident or not, the sales person gave us a 600 odd+ km on odo Alto Lxi to drive. I sat in the driver's seat. Pushed to 1st, released clutch, and the car did not move. Somehow managed to move it after revving hard, and shifted to second.. the car started vibrating and eventually stopped. The person accompanying me told me that there is a flaw with my way of changing gears. So i gave my dad a chance to test it. He too faced similar problem. Finally, the finance person called a more knowlegeable person (who knew driving).. and he figured out the problem. Finally, the workshop mechanic said: "Saheb, gear atak gaye hai". Me and my father thought, if after 600km of driving this was the shape of the car, what would happen if we bought the car and kept it for long term..!.. The salesperson started convincing that this a very rare one off problem they encountered. And guess what, they offered us to test drive a Alto Vxi instead. Probably thought we were fools not knowing the diff b/w 800 and 1061 cc engine. We refused the test drive in VXi.
Now my father looked at this black beauty parked alongside : A wagonR vxi. We thought, why not give this car a try. And we test drove it. And it was like driving a Bike after driving a bycycle. And my dad gave thumbs up to it even though it was above our budget. But we made it a point not to deal with Pasco automobiles anymore.
Finally bought a WagonR lxi from DDmotors wazirpur. And i think we made a wise decesion.

Note from the Admin : Theres no need to be loud and post the entire story in bold. Strictly follow the board rules and maintain a common protocol
Old 1st March 2005, 23:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

I have no idea about this one, i just worked there for 1 month and the people there did seem pretty stupid so i didnt feel like staying there, i had only taken up the job to get some field experience before handling my workshops after i moved back to delhi from michigan
Old 2nd March 2005, 17:13   #8
BHPian

Tarun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarun
I am and did the test drive two weeks back. The place is in west delhi and placed next to Ring road Honda. I drove the car which had 107 kms on odo and was right in the heart of showroom. They did not had any other Baleno so eventually rolled the car outta showroom for test drive. I have not read in mouthshut.com, however
would say an instant yes to all that you ve picked from the site. Must say that after the drive, i was very disappointed and thought even at 5.6 lacs it was not worth it.
I guess its only one car that the dealer has and wants to push desperately.

Tarun
Tarun,
could you drive any other Baleno from a different dealer and confirm -Please?. I own a Baleno and I am very happy about the car. My issue with the guys who posted the Review is that they have dismissed that Baleno is a bad choice. They are not prepared to test drive another Baleno. I just cannot accept that Ford 1.3 / Flair is better than Baleno - ( this is what the website had to say ).

Regards;
Old 2nd March 2005, 18:18   #9
BHPian

Lemon offered at a discount ?

Both reviews at Mouthshut quote an ex-showroom price of 5.34 lakhs
(before discounts). Maruti quotes a lowest ex-showroom price (Baleno
Lxi, Bharat II) of 5.64 lakhs (Delhi). Could something be read into this
differential ? Could it be the same sample for both ? Just wondering !

One of my friends in Bangalore has got an Lxi (2004 model) in January,
and claims to have faced none of the problems mentioned in Mouthshut!
But he had only driven an 800 before, if that explains anything. The gear
stick does vibrate some even at neutral, but I can't comment if that's
normal for a Baleno.
Old 2nd March 2005, 18:51   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puthari
Tarun,
could you drive any other Baleno from a different dealer and confirm -Please?. I own a Baleno and I am very happy about the car. My issue with the guys who posted the Review is that they have dismissed that Baleno is a bad choice. They are not prepared to test drive another Baleno. I just cannot accept that Ford 1.3 / Flair is better than Baleno - ( this is what the website had to say ).

Regards;

Puthari,

I checked this while hunting a car for my friend. Don't intend to disappoint you, but honestly would be difficult for a special test drive at other dealer. Rest assured if there is more hunting to follow, i will do it.

Tarun

P.S. Your post has helped in keeping the baleno flame alive.
Old 2nd March 2005, 19:16   #11
BHPian

ThankYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarun
Puthari,

I checked this while hunting a car for my friend. Don't intend to disappoint you, but honestly would be difficult for a special test drive at other dealer. Rest assured if there is more hunting to follow, i will do it.

Tarun

P.S. Your post has helped in keeping the baleno flame alive.
Thanks Tarun,

The 2 reviews have dismissed the car. One preferred Flair a 1.3! engine . And they were driving the mid segment vehicle for the first time! In my opinion any decision about a product should be based on others experience - more importantly those who have used the product.

Each of us have our own expectations - one wants the interiors to be excellent , seating comfort . While I cannot believe that an Engine would vibrate like a diesel engine - not just in Baleno but in any other petrol car . The next complaint was that HORN was too loud! - OK fine - Maybe Horn is too loud for them - they decided that Baleno was a lousy choice . Can a Horn be one of the deciding factor ?. Should we take these 2 reviews Seriously ? .

Before suggesting to discount a product - It would have been better if they had asked other users if they too shared the same opinion about a particular product.

And.. thanks on the Baleno Flame . . . I feel it is underrated car.
Old 2nd March 2005, 22:45   #12
Senior - BHPian

hahaha

dont even beleive the guys who wrote the review on mouthshut . the flair is no where near the baleno - the suzuki is miles ahead of the 1.3 ikon !

TD the car urself and besides u own a baleno and are happy !! so where is the problem ?

as for guys looking at a baleno as a new car to buy , well its their call !!

cheers
Old 5th March 2005, 02:36   #13
BHPian

total crap...its better if mouthshut keeps its mouth shut....i just bought a baleno which is 5 yrs old ...it still runs like a dream..no gearshift probs...just that the engine is a little buzzzy cause its an all aluminium engine...otherwise its an excellent machine...
Old 6th March 2005, 19:08   #14
Senior - BHPian

Sounds like a diesel? The NVH levels are surprisingly high but to say that the Baleno sounds like a diesel is huge exageration. The gear-shift is not bad but i prefer the kind of fell that the Hyundais give. And there is no way that an American 4 door sedan can be better than a Japanese 4 door sedan.
Old 7th March 2005, 11:47   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
Sounds like a diesel? The NVH levels are surprisingly high but to say that the Baleno sounds like a diesel is huge exageration. The gear-shift is not bad but i prefer the kind of fell that the Hyundais give. And there is no way that an American 4 door sedan can be better than a Japanese 4 door sedan.

Yeps. Comparing it to the diesel is exaggerating.
However, it was quite noisy for a new engine, also considering the 13 noise reduction techniques that baleno claims. Nothing like that. The zens or esteems tend to get noisy (those tension belt noise) after good runs, however initially are very silent.. Not the case here.

Tarun

P.S. You did the test drive ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks