Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2008, 02:04   #46
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine's dad has a 530d. We have had some VERY fun drives in that car. It has GOBS of torque from very low-down in the rev band. We've done some absolutely insane burn-outs in it, laying-down over 50m of rubber in a couple of instances! It also hangs the tail out with absolutely no effort if you turn the DSC off.

It is a really nice car. We even dragged it against my M3 and, believe it or not, to about 65-70Km/h it was fairly close because the 530d has over 100 lb-ft more torque than the M3 and the auto makes it very simple to launch, whereas the M has to have the clutch dropped at just the right revs or you'll either bog down or wheel spin like mad! I guess the best part with the 530d is the fuel efficiency and the lower cost of diesel to go with it.

I am really happy that BMW is taking the Indian market seriously and giving the customers the choice we deserve. It's long, long overdue. Maybe now more manufacturers will start offering greater variants in their model line-ups!

Last edited by kbk_75 : 22nd July 2008 at 02:05.
Old 23rd July 2008, 02:01   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
But i dont own 2 as yet ! Just one for now, the 2nd one is still in the pipeline.. had booked the 525d but am now in a fix !
Mate, just upgrade to the 530d if you can! its WONDERFUL!
in case dealer disgrees, suggest u send email to BMW India and complain that they have hid the fact of new models to arrive even before your car being delivered! am sure the results will Be positive!

and yes, am taking up the 5year-1 lk kms BSIR package. emailed BMW enquiring about it and was called today to be confirmed its also an extended warranty.
Old 23rd July 2008, 03:10   #48
BHPian

ID once decided, can you keep us in light of your thought on going for/against whats final. It will be good food for thought for some of the BHPians looking forward to owning beemers
Old 23rd July 2008, 11:02   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Mate, just upgrade to the 530d if you can! its WONDERFUL!
in case dealer disgrees, suggest u send email to BMW India and complain that they have hid the fact of new models to arrive even before your car being delivered! am sure the results will Be positive!

and yes, am taking up the 5year-1 lk kms BSIR package. emailed BMW enquiring about it and was called today to be confirmed its also an extended warranty.
I highly doubt this would work, since my car has run 15,000Kms already and nearly 9 months old.

But yes i did enquire about the 530d during the time of booking and was given no indication of the same, probably they had no intention to launch it then.

I definatly would not mind putting in the difference and getting a 530d... but i doubt this will be a viable amount.
Old 23rd July 2008, 11:14   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I highly doubt this would work, since my car has run 15,000Kms already and nearly 9 months old.

But yes i did enquire about the 530d during the time of booking and was given no indication of the same, probably they had no intention to launch it then.

I definatly would not mind putting in the difference and getting a 530d... but i doubt this will be a viable amount.
that wont work for sure. in such cases. lets say if you buy a 525d last month and they launch a 530d. if the time is near 30 days they will ask you themselves if you want to upgrade. 9 months is a lot of time to accuse bmw of cheating
Old 23rd July 2008, 11:28   #51
BHPian

Guys I think you have misunderstood what Sahil has stated, as per him he already owns one and other is booked and is in pipeline for delievery.

He is talking about the car which is to be delivered rather than which he is using from last 9 months.

hope this clarifies!
Old 23rd July 2008, 11:45   #52
BHPian

Congrats Insane for you new beamer!

Finally you got the choice of wheels for you.
Old 23rd July 2008, 17:14   #53
BHPian

hey budhiraj! thanks a lot! and also thanks for clarifying up that point...

SAhil, i mean that u can upgrade your booking for 525d which is still not delivered, to a 530d by talking to guys in BMW India. I got their headoffice no. if u want. (not there on the website)

@Nishant Kingpin - i have done the booking for my 520d, i aint planning any upgrades, i was advising Sahil to upgrade his booking for 525d to 530d.
Will surely let all know more once i take the delivery. The wait is really killing!
Old 24th July 2008, 04:21   #54
BHPian

Oops my bad, the light I wanted shed was for the service package when you decide for/against going for them. Congrats on making the best choice for yourself.
Old 30th July 2008, 15:01   #55
Senior - BHPian

Hey id... here in Mumbai we have the BMW secure package in combination with Bajaj Allianz which also covers your tyres for damages, not punctures.. just check what do u have there in Hyd.
Old 31st July 2008, 16:41   #56
BHPian

BMW sales globally are already ahead of their german counterparts (mercedes benz &audi) since the last 2 years.
INDIA is just a continuation of that story... it had to happen one day, and i am happy to know that the day is Coming soon.
Old 9th August 2008, 15:56   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Hey id... here in Mumbai we have the BMW secure package in combination with Bajaj Allianz which also covers your tyres for damages, not punctures.. just check what do u have there in Hyd.

Hello Maverick,

It is the same package, india wide.

@ Nishant Kingpin: I aint going in for the BSI+R as of now. Calculations dont make it look worthwhile, but still, i have time till the first service. So why block 3lk rs now itself! could easily fork out 24% on that on an year! so even if i go for it, will be before the first service.
Old 9th August 2008, 19:47   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Maverick,

It is the same package, india wide.

@ Nishant Kingpin: I aint going in for the BSI+R as of now. Calculations dont make it look worthwhile, but still, i have time till the first service. So why block 3lk rs now itself! could easily fork out 24% on that on an year! so even if i go for it, will be before the first service.
good call...that's exactly what I did ,infact my first service estimate is what sold me on the package.
Old 12th August 2008, 00:02   #59
BHPian

Sahil, i was inspired of it by u i read ur post about u getting a big estimate for the first service..and then u opted for the BSI+R and then got ur service done for free
Old 12th August 2008, 00:38   #60
BHPian

Quote:

Cool looks like the best option. Thanks for sharing. As you complete the first tenure time, the package availability extends longer into the cars life cycle where it will come in handy and prove worth the expense.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks