Team-BHP - Petra 1.6 ELX?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Petra 1.6 ELX? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/4256-petra-1-6-elx-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cream
samurai

if you can live with the lower FE and fiat unstability, the petra is the best buy in it's class - too bad, i travel 50kms a day so FE is vv important - hence the palio d - or for a lesser price

I live 2KM from work, so don't care about city FE.

Quote:

the petra 1.6 elx with EBD, ABS would have been awesome - maybe a 2nd car around the corner if i ever win that damn playwin lottery!

here's what elx has that el doesn't

1) wood trim design front console
2) stone guard
3) central locking
4) rear ashtray, front coin holder
5) rear door child locks
6) power windows front and back
7) body coloured bumpers, fenders and door handles
8) door protection strips

You say it has ABS & EBD. Yet your list doesn/t show it :confused:

Quote:

go fot the elx - or the elx-sp

What is elx-sp? One more trim? What does that have?

Sorry for bothering you this way. How I wish Fiat had a decent website providing all this information. How are we potential customers supposed to collect information if these guys refuse to publish information about their cars on the web. :mad:

SP stands for "safety pacage" i guess... means it includs the airbags, ABS etc.

my assumptions are based on the palio trim levels.

the elx-sp has all the trim versions of the elx with the additional ABS + EBD and the driver side air-bag.

if you are seriously interested, i could phone up the anuroop guys - who are pretty cool and ask them all the details that you would like to know - if u don't wanna pop in the fiat dealership just yet

But we really don't know whether ELX-SP is available for Petra 1.6 Petrol model. I am not yet ready to visit TVS motors, not until PC clears this fringe benefit mess. I still don't know whether I can buy this month or wait till June.

I think they are referring to the same Petra EL (Petrol 1.6) model. Because I vaguely remember the same car being referred as Petra ELX some where in the car specifications.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sivadas
I think they are referring to the same Petra EL (Petrol 1.6) model. Because I vaguely remember the same car being referred as Petra ELX some where in the car specifications.

But the petra comes in only one version :confused: 1.6ELX for petrol :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by maybach

Hahaha! You again for it wrong rl: Petra 1.6 Petrol comes only as EL model. Petra ELX is only for Petra-D and there is no ELX in Petrol 1.6 Petrol. Lot of confusion being created here about ELX and ELX-SP. They are only for Palio, just like S10. And no, there is no Petra 1.2 (I read somewhere in the posts).

This was the case till mid Feb. Don't know if things have changed after that. Petra Petrol 1.6 ELX may be possible. Could not check with dealer ("Line busy" tone all the time, damn it!).

Quote:

Hahaha! You again got it wrong rl: Petra 1.6 Petrol comes only as EL model. Petra ELX is only for Petra-D and there is no ELX in Petrol 1.6 Petrol. Lot of confusion being created here about ELX and ELX-SP. They are only for Palio, just like S10. And no, there is no Petra 1.2 (I read somewhere in the posts).

This was the case till mid Feb. Don't know if things have changed after that. Petra Petrol 1.6 ELX may be possible. Could not check with dealer ("Line busy" tone all the time, damn it!).

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX135
Hahaha! You again got it wrong rl: Petra 1.6 Petrol comes only as EL model. Petra ELX is only for Petra-D and there is no ELX in Petrol 1.6 Petrol. Lot of confusion being created here about ELX and ELX-SP. They are only for Palio, just like S10. And no, there is no Petra 1.2 (I read somewhere in the posts).

:mad: i am going mad as we were talking about petra and elx sp coming all the way.. though the palio doesnot have abs or air bag now someone sayin sp means safety package :WTF:

Just was seeing the The Times Of India dated 26th February Page 23 and saw a brief up on the Mumbai Motor Show. There was a Palio Weekend and following had been Written:-
Palio Weekend from the Fiat stable is the best in station wagon category. Powered by 1.6 litre petrol engine, the wagon is a rage on the road.
Does this mean the Palio weekend has been relaunched?

sorry,

my assumptions were for the palio - they are not the same for the petra 1.6

just spoke to my friend in anuroop

there is only 1 trim available in petra petrol -the el -ps which has all the usual stuff power windows etc...but there is no safety package in the 1.6 therefore no abs and ebd and airbag!!! though this model is available in some special colours with special upholstery and a stereo as well

these are available on the diesel model trim palio only. can't figure out why they would bo that - given that the petra is capable of 100bhp and sure needs abs and safety stuff more than the damn diesel...

lets hope that fiat gets that website on fast - to avoid all the confusion that people like me can cause :Frustrati

Quote:

sorry,

though this model is available in some special colours with special upholstery and a stereo as well

Does the Petra petrol have stereo as standard. I agree Fiat should give ABS with the Petrol version. Though in the Sienna it used to come in the Masetro version.(Correct me if i am wrong)

Quote:

Does the 1.6 Petrol version of the petra have ABS or air bags???

nope. no such schemes like fiat authorized add-ons which make a EL in the (EL+ELX)/2 type

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmdeccanet
nope. no such schemes like fiat authorized add-ons which make a EL in the (EL+ELX)/2 type

You mean you can add these features. Is the ABS and airbag optional :confused:

I think ELX may have the wooden finish, stereo system, betterseat covers and alloys and ABS as an option but someone please check it out because to the best of my knowledge, ELX is only available in diesel..