Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2009, 17:45   #151
BHPian

Fortuner to be launched post Diwali

Just got this info from a Toyota Dealer that Nov 2009 has been decided as the launch month for the fortuner. They are expecting it to be priced between 16 to 18 (ex showroom) with 2 variants - Basic & Top end.
The 3 litre diesel engine is confirmed !!!

He wasnt sure on whether Toyota would launch the auto tranny option launched in 2009. This dealer is pretty reliable as the complete details he shared on the Atlis in June 08 turned out to be absolutely right. (incld pricing/variants/features).

However, I still believe , only one person can throw light on this - SIDINDICA - where are you
Old 16th March 2009, 10:30   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
Just got this info from a Toyota Dealer that Nov 2009 has been decided as the launch month for the fortuner. They are expecting it to be priced between 16 to 18 (ex showroom) with 2 variants - Basic & Top end.
The 3 litre diesel engine is confirmed !!!

He wasnt sure on whether Toyota would launch the auto tranny option launched in 2009. This dealer is pretty reliable as the complete details he shared on the Atlis in June 08 turned out to be absolutely right. (incld pricing/variants/features).

However, I still believe , only one person can throw light on this - SIDINDICA - where are you
Just greeeeeaaaaaaaat !! One more delay speculated !
Old 16th March 2009, 11:00   #153
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I am sure if you google every vehicle + problems you are likely to find a few people who whine about it. Why don't you search X-Trail + problems and see if you go the best CUV in the world?
Absolutely! Plus, we need to evaluate the Fortuner from an Indian perspective i.e. how we find it on our roads relative to alternatives available in our market.
Old 16th March 2009, 11:04   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Absolutely! Plus, we need to evaluate the Fortuner from an Indian perspective i.e. how we find it on our roads relative to alternatives available in our market.
Yes Indeed, and without comparing it to what we have on our shores already, people will bash a prospective vehicle left right and center!
Old 16th March 2009, 11:12   #155
BHPian

Well Launch of Fortuner in India is like "Krack Jack" (Sweet and Salty)

Sweet: Every time we hear a news about its launch
Salty: Another delay from July now to November

Wish this sweet and salty game ends soon!
Old 16th March 2009, 11:40   #156
Senior - BHPian

This months Autocar India says that there is a new management at Toyota and they are pushing for an increase in sales for Indian market for their vehicles. Given the fact that worldwide they are losing their revenues and are looking to expand in one of the biggest Bubbling car market like India.

This will be achieved by launching more models and with options, just to name a few, Fortuner, Prius, Yaris and the new small car (to be showcased in next years Auto Expo at Delhi) and not to forget Lexus.

So lets hope finally Toyota is trying to give Indians some more vehicles out of their stable.

Only if they give more options like Automatic Innova etc.. (Am I asking too much)
Old 2nd April 2009, 01:05   #157
Senior - BHPian

Came across this article on Autocar stating that the fortuner can be bought at 10lakhs. If that happens am game for it.

:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
Old 2nd April 2009, 06:17   #158
BHPian

April Fool is over buddy .
Old 2nd April 2009, 08:57   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

An Update: An employee of TKML told me that the trial production of the Fortuner has started. He said it will be launched much earlier than Diwali season that is being speculated. Will bug him more over the weekend to check more info on the same.

Disclaimer: I cant disclose the name and the department in which the employee works, To date he has given me the information which was accurate most of the time, if not all the time.
Old 2nd April 2009, 10:23   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
An Update: An employee of TKML told me that the trial production of the Fortuner has started. He said it will be launched much earlier than Diwali season that is being speculated.
That's great news! If it has started, then a mid year launch is very likely. Someone did snap a test mule recently right?
Old 2nd April 2009, 10:46   #161
BHPian

Even i'm waiting for the launch.If it's not launched in the next 6 months i'll go for an Innova.
Old 2nd April 2009, 11:27   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
That's great news! If it has started, then a mid year launch is very likely. Someone did snap a test mule recently right?
I forgot to update earlier. they are targeting to sell at least 1000 units in the fiscal year 2009. So even if its on sale for about 8-9 months in the fiscal year, the target of 100-125 units a month seems not too bad considering the current economic condition.
Old 2nd April 2009, 18:52   #163
BHPian

I have also spoken to my Toyota Dealer (Castle Toyota) and according to them, Fortuner will be here by August end. No details about variants through but he did gave me rough idea of pricing from 16 Lacs to 19 Lacs (Ex Showroom)

I was planning to buy either a Santa Fe or Fortuner or Tiguan and have been waiting for a long time. Looks like good time is in store around Diwali season.
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:34   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
An Update: An employee of TKML told me that the trial production of the Fortuner has started. He said it will be launched much earlier than Diwali season that is being speculated. Will bug him more over the weekend to check more info on the same.

Disclaimer: I cant disclose the name and the department in which the employee works, To date he has given me the information which was accurate most of the time, if not all the time.
Good stuff.... finally Toyota!
Old 2nd April 2009, 21:03   #165

New Toyota Innova

Hi there, I have always liked innova, except that the diesel is a bit under powered. I was excited to know that a new, more powerful (140 BHP approx) diesel Innova may be on its way. Is that true? Please let us know!! Thanks!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks