Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2008, 20:31   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Can someone who has taken a TD comment on the gearshift quality. The previous corolla's didn't have a great box. Although throw was short it was a bot notchy and imprecise.
Gear shift of Altis has improved over the older generation. The AT version also seems to have better ratios than earlier model. I think this helps the FE as well. See my feedback on the coparison of AT versions of Civic and Altis in the link below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tml#post976206
Old 13th September 2008, 20:38   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
I just double checked the Altis specs on the website - the base model does have "Driver Seat Height Adjustment" - just that it is manual compared to the electric adjustment on the higher models.
Yes. In fact the base model G is pretty well spec'ed. The main things missing are the electric adjustments of driver seat, HIDs and some gizmos such as auto leveling headlamps, cruise control (only present in AT model), fog lamps, leather seats, lesser wood finish (this looks better), lumbar support and rear sunshade. Looks good value at 13.12 on road in Bangalore.

Last edited by appuchan : 13th September 2008 at 20:39.
Old 13th September 2008, 22:35   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
Yes. In fact the base model G is pretty well spec'ed. The main things missing are the electric adjustments of driver seat, HIDs and some gizmos such as auto leveling headlamps, cruise control (only present in AT model), fog lamps, leather seats, lesser wood finish (this looks better), lumbar support and rear sunshade. Looks good value at 13.12 on road in Bangalore.
Correction: Front Fog lamps are there in all vereints including G. And headlamp washers not there in G. Still its very good VFM.

I have one question, is it possible to simply change to bulb to make it HID or some thing else is also needed to changed to get white lights?
Old 13th September 2008, 22:38   #289
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
I have one question, is it possible to simply change to bulb to make it HID or some thing else is also needed to changed to get white lights?
You need the ballast and full wiring probably. The ballast is the most expensive.
Old 13th September 2008, 23:58   #290
BHPian

Some one also mentioned in another thread that the low beam is HID, the high beam is a regular halogen.

I was a bit confused as if that is the case, where does the auto leveling fit in?
Old 14th September 2008, 15:10   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Some one also mentioned in another thread that the low beam is HID, the high beam is a regular halogen.

I was a bit confused as if that is the case, where does the auto leveling fit in?
Auto leveling is for adjusting the beams according to the vertical angle of the car so that there is maximum visibility of the road while climbing up or down a hill. I think it will affect both high beam and low beam.
Old 14th September 2008, 22:04   #292
Senior - BHPian

I saw the Altis today at CitiCenter Chennai. Must say it looked gorgeous. I've seen so many members saying that its not like the Civic and all, but it has its own identity. The Camry-ish feelings can be seen only in the Pics. The grille gels smoothly with the body. Dint go and see the interiors and all as it was on a display.
Old 15th September 2008, 16:35   #293
BHPian

I came to know on 13th that total 150 Altis are booked in one week at Galaxy Toyota, Moti Nagar Delhi.
Old 19th September 2008, 15:41   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Looks like you are sold, Ym-enjn! When are you putting the deposit down?
Very soon, GTO. There's a saying 'ignorance is bliss' I am experiencing the opposite. Not heard much of your views for Altis? We know you like Civic, but did you get a change to take a test drive of Altis? Eagerly waiting your feeeback.
Old 19th September 2008, 22:49   #295
Senior - BHPian

Any place online to check the price of accessorise coming with Altis?
Old 19th September 2008, 23:48   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Any place online to check the price of accessorise coming with Altis?
The prices are not available yet online. Checked with the dealer ,they are in line with the earlier corolla

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks