Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2008, 09:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Toyota-Daihatsu Pakistan has already launched the new Corolla. Full page advertisements are out in their papers. What is Toyota-Kirloskar doing?. Waiting for an auspicious moment?.
Ganapati is around the corner. So are a couple of other festivals...Festive season!
Old 8th August 2008, 12:10   #32
BHPian

The new corolla is quite a looker. Waiting fr some comparisons Civic / Corolla/ Jetta
Old 8th August 2008, 14:22   #33
BHPian

Jetta or wait for new Corolla

My friend is planning to buy a car in the 12 lac price range. He wanted to buy the Octavia. I told him to check VW Jetta. Aas per the car programme on TV, it is better and more new tech then the old Octavia. But now since the new Corolla is about to be launched, he wants to know if he should wait. Please advice.
Old 8th August 2008, 15:44   #34
BANNED

If it's a comparison between Corolla and Jetta, then all one has to decide is whether he wants to go with a European or a Japanese.
Both comes with it's own plus and minus points.

One thing for sure, the Japanese ain't gonna be that tech filled like the European but will be a very good practical car.
Old 8th August 2008, 16:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
If it's a comparison between Corolla and Jetta, then all one has to decide is whether he wants to go with a European or a Japanese.
Both comes with it's own plus and minus points.

One thing for sure, the Japanese ain't gonna be that tech filled like the European but will be a very good practical car.
From what I hear the petrol is a 1.6L engine and still would be a couple of lakhs more than a Corrolla (with a 1.8 engine). I am sorry but the Jetta doesn't command that much premium. I am not sure if the price gap is that big in the US. Plus being a European car it probably will be cost much more to maintain.
Old 8th August 2008, 16:30   #36
Senior - BHPian

CR - Jetta on-road is around 15-16L for the base version. Are you sure your friend is willing to spend that much??
Old 8th August 2008, 16:48   #37
BHPian

From what I was informed, the new corolla will be launched on September 6th this year. And it's going to be between 1 - 1.5L costlier than the current model.

Last edited by wheeler : 8th August 2008 at 16:51.
Old 8th August 2008, 16:50   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
My friend is planning to buy a car in the 12 lac price range. He wanted to buy the Octavia. I told him to check VW Jetta. Aas per the car programme on TV, it is better and more new tech then the old Octavia. But now since the new Corolla is about to be launched, he wants to know if he should wait. Please advice.
Wait till Corolla is released and then decide. You will not regret this decision.
Old 8th August 2008, 16:56   #39
Senior - BHPian

Are there anymore changes than the one i have numbered below ?

I wish they had done a bit more to the front end. Innova no doubt is a great executive business traveller and has found many satisfied customers but I think they should offer more value to their customers through continuous product development .

If they are not planning to bring in the fortuner in the 13-15 bracket , I think they should launch a fully loaded innova which looks and feels like a 13 lac car .
This way it could fill in the gap between the base innova and the fortuner which is most likely to be priced somewhere close to 18 lacs.
They really need to speed up the process of their car launches .
  • New corolla has been delayed a lot.
  • There maybe many valid reasons for the same but they have lost lots of potential customers to honda.
  • Now with the launch of Jetta the diesel higher C segment is really not an easy place to play in .
  • Consider the fact that even bigger saloon like the Sonata Diesel costs only close to 14 lacs .
  • If they can bring out the diesel one for 11-12 lacs , it may do well but anything above that is a risky game.
just my two cents........
Old 8th August 2008, 16:57   #40
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Toyota-Daihatsu Pakistan has already launched the new Corolla. Full page advertisements are out in their papers. What is Toyota-Kirloskar doing?. Waiting for an auspicious moment?.

It's just a teaser; the launch is around the corner. So is it in India as well....
Only thing is TKM is keeping it (trying desparately) a secret still; may be they are still stuck with lots of unsold corollas.

Check this link out: TOYOTA -INDUS MOTOR COMPANY LIMITED The Paki guys have even topped taking booking for the current version.
Old 9th August 2008, 08:37   #41
BHPian

Should I buy ?

Guys I am planning to buy an Innova this month & am getting a 25k discount on the G4 model (cash Down).
Now, should I go ahead & place my order or Wait for the face lifted model because, as can be seen from the pics, there is not any great change in the body besides the head & tail lights. I don't expect any changes in the interiors too.

Would the newer model drastically affect the resale value of the current Innova as I plan to keep it for about 2 years time & then upgrade to a better SUV kind of vehicle as I don't like any from the current lot of diesel SUV's available.

I was waiting for Toyota to launch the fortuner but since they have not launched it in the past 3 years , I've been waiting for it. But as I do need the vehicle now.

I am open to suggestions.

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 9th August 2008 at 08:37. Reason: Spell check
Old 9th August 2008, 09:08   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post

I am open to suggestions.
Its better to wait for the new model unless the launch is more than 1 yr away.
Old 11th August 2008, 07:21   #43
BHPian

The ads are out!

Todays Delhi edition TOI carry a last page insert of 'Altis' being launched on September 5th 2008.

Elito
Old 11th August 2008, 09:23   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Todays Delhi edition TOI carry a last page insert of 'Altis' being launched on September 5th 2008.

Elito
I hope it would be badged as Corolla Altis, and not just Altis. In the news papaer ad it saying just Altis.

Their website is not updated yet.
Old 11th August 2008, 09:35   #45
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm, I see Toyota doing a Skoda. Octavia for the lower D segment and Laura for the Upper D segment. Corolla for the lower segment and "Altis" for the upper segment. This way they are covering the entire 9-15 lakhs segment bracket.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks