Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2008, 13:43   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
saw an altis on seaface and it had a bodykit and spoiler. seemed like tga. it looked very sporty.
Are you sure? Don't believe you, man!! Great news! I am really looking forward to those things. It was not there on site in the add on list. See if you can get some photos.
Old 10th September 2008, 14:41   #272
BHPian

Trying for a test drive here in Bangy and Nandi Toyota says the TD car is booked for one month!
Old 10th September 2008, 15:23   #273
Senior - BHPian

One Altis already in my close neighbourhood. Awesome road presence, pure camry killer looks. Somehow I didn't like the silver color much and there was no body kit. I think with the kit it will looks even better.
All new Corolla coming soon EDIT: Corolla Altis now Launched-10092008.jpg

All new Corolla coming soon EDIT: Corolla Altis now Launched-10092008002.jpg
Old 10th September 2008, 19:21   #274
Senior - BHPian

Took my test drive, a long 30 min one. My first words are simply the best car. Standing up to the mark on each front. The car was Altis GL manual in red color. Contarery to all speculations the best part was the EPS. The steering feel is very nice, soft and responsive. Great pickup, it was touching 100 as soon as I was hitting the gas, in third gear. Suspension has two sides, it was great at handling big and biggest of potholes, at high speeds as well as low speeds. It was also best at low speeds with potholes. Only bumpy at times at around 60kmph on handling uneven roads, but again handling of potholes was great at that speed also. May be correct air pressure vanishes that problem. But at least 85 out of 100 on suspension.

The whole car expereince is miles ahead of older Corolla and light years ahead of Civic. (Thats me)

And yes, the most funny part, which won't let you drive as you usually do.. That is the MID and in MID the 'Current Average'. It is so responsive and accurate that it changes with speed, break, slope, elivation everything. It was going in range of 4.5 to 99.9 KMPL. At normal constant straight driving it was at 14kmpl. The overall average of test car at 330 kms was 10.2kmpl, which I think is very good.

More later.
Old 11th September 2008, 11:02   #275
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Looks like you are sold, Ym-enjn! When are you putting the deposit down?
Old 11th September 2008, 17:57   #276
BHPian

altis TD - Top end auto and base manual

in our family (same house, bro me and dad) we have an 08 civic 08 accent 08 dicor 04 e240 03 santro and an 01 lancer, yet we need another one.
This after noon my better half and I were returning from a nice lunch at yum yum tree, it was nice cloudy roads were relatively empty and were were thing about out next car, We decided to go visit the toyota dealer and test drive the new altis.

Drove into Galaxy toyota in Kotla / south ex, was greeted promptly by the valley, handed over the keys and in we went, greeted by two sales staff the floor had 3 Altis on display
one Light blue Auto, one White Base model with the front grill Chrome trim and one middle variant manual Champagne
Spoke to the sales lady who explained all the features of the car we sat in the floor model and were impressed.
the H2 ie Base model is at 11.70 On road
the h5 - ie the middle segemnt is for 13.05 on road
the Top end model - H4 is 14.02 on road

After getting the price list the salesa lady aske d if we would like a test drive we said yes, the manual was getting the test drive stickers put on it and would take 25 mins to get ready so we decided to go in the top end variant, again it was a white with the front chrome add on, one work WOW ... the white is similar to the Safari Pearl white, sat in the TD car, leater she explained all the features, we went for a 20 min td , when we returned the base model was ready as well and we td'ed that car too .
now my comparison will be against the civic for both the auto and the manual altis, keep in mind the civic i have is a manual, Civic - Scores a 10 in all so if you see any figure lower than 10--- civic is better higher than 10 the altis is better

Base Manual

power 10
first look appeal, 12
VFM 12
rear seat comfort, 12
driver seat comfort 12
braking 10
AC 12
Interior 9

Top end variant
power 9 when inmanual mode - 8 in full auto
first look appeal, 12
VFM 12
rear seat comfort, 12
driver seat comfort 12
braking 10
AC 12
Interior 11

I am pulled greatly towards this car, now just gotta see what the linea comes up with
ask away if you have any more questions

oh in the top end the HID's are only the bulbs no projectors nothing and comes with the low beam HID, high beam is still Halogen but the headlamp washer is really really cool

Last edited by whatcanthisbe : 11th September 2008 at 17:58.
Old 11th September 2008, 22:55   #277
Senior - BHPian

The Corolla has tire pressure monitoring and smart key with push button start/stop in North America!
Old 11th September 2008, 23:25   #278
BHPian

what about the new innova when is is it coming? waiting for it eagerly
Old 11th September 2008, 23:34   #279
BHPian

I had a quick test drive today at worli sea face and due to the rush at the showroom of people waiting for a TD didn't have time to test reversing the vehicle. Any comments about visibility issues from people who have taken a test drive.

Also did you feel that the windows are a bit smaller than the old corolla?

Overall I found it a real value for money deal. The spoiler kit is 35K extra and seems to jazz up the car very nicely.
Old 11th September 2008, 23:37   #280
Team-BHP Support

Can someone who has taken a TD comment on the gearshift quality. The previous corolla's didn't have a great box. Although throw was short it was a bot notchy and imprecise.
Old 12th September 2008, 10:15   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
what about the new innova when is is it coming? waiting for it eagerly
We will know it for sure when we have 1 lac discounts for the Innova.
Old 12th September 2008, 12:15   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
I had a quick test drive today at worli sea face and due to the rush at the showroom of people waiting for a TD didn't have time to test reversing the vehicle. Any comments about visibility issues from people who have taken a test drive.

Also did you feel that the windows are a bit smaller than the old corolla?

Overall I found it a real value for money deal. The spoiler kit is 35K extra and seems to jazz up the car very nicely.
In my test drive I observed that in context of reverse driving the visibility was almost zero and yes the windows are short and high. From inside it gives a very safe feel and from outside it looks trendy but at the same time it effects the visibility. Reverse sensors are a must add on. They are available in accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Can someone who has taken a TD comment on the gearshift quality. The previous corolla's didn't have a great box. Although throw was short it was a bot notchy and imprecise.
This time you won't complain about that, I think they have worked on this issue. I drove the manual GL for a long 30 min and also did my wife and my friend and all of us felt the gears were smooth. Though there is nothing to complain but there still is further scope of improvement in this.

Few more photos. In the MID at slope the current average was 99.9 kmpl
All new Corolla coming soon EDIT: Corolla Altis now Launched-10092008005.jpg

All new Corolla coming soon EDIT: Corolla Altis now Launched-10092008006.jpg

All new Corolla coming soon EDIT: Corolla Altis now Launched-10092008009.jpg

All new Corolla coming soon EDIT: Corolla Altis now Launched-10092008010.jpg

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 12th September 2008 at 12:20.
Old 12th September 2008, 12:32   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
the H2 ie Base model is at 11.70 On road
Just to tell you how unlucky Bangaloreans are - H2 costs 13.09L OTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
We will know it for sure when we have 1 lac discounts for the Innova.
AFAIK there's no new Innova - just a face-lift. The top-end with climate control, etc. will be priced above the current V2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
In my test drive I observed that in context of reverse driving the visibility was almost zero and yes the windows are short and high. From inside it gives a very safe feel and from outside it looks trendy but at the same time it effects the visibility. Reverse sensors are a must add on. They are available in accessories.
There had to be something. Only wish it wasn't the visibility.
Old 12th September 2008, 15:09   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
The car I drove was the H2 and so I couldn't adjust the seat height, so do you think that adjusting the seat height might help the visibility?

It was raining at the time I took the TD and those windows also had that ugly shade kinda fitting at the top which obscured say an inch and a half of the view as well, so that visibility issue was the one and only apprehension I had about this vehicle, or else I was all set to book it.
Old 13th September 2008, 20:20   #285
BHPian

Height adjustment available on 1.8G

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
The car I drove was the H2 and so I couldn't adjust the seat height, so do you think that adjusting the seat height might help the visibility?
I just double checked the Altis specs on the website - the base model does have "Driver Seat Height Adjustment" - just that it is manual compared to the electric adjustment on the higher models.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks