Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2008, 10:34   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
That's the one I saw - same car. I remember the last four digits of the number. I got the NL-05 wrong. As your pics show, it's NL-03. Where in Delhi did you see it?
I saw this one at Dhaula Kuan!
Old 21st September 2008, 14:37   #32
BHPian

I'm looking forward to this. IMO, Santa Fe has it what every other luxury SUV supposed to have. Equipment-wise, the Santa Fe selling in USA, is a ripper at this price segment. It has much more than PAJERO and competes with Montero in almost every front (- Dakar Rally credentials and Japanese badge).

I'm waiting for the high end model of Captiva to be launched at the end of this year and Captiva manages to offer 4 X 4, TC, ESP and Sunroof at around 20 L, it may steal the show from Santa Fe (if ever it's going to be launched). Looks wise, Santa Fe owns Capsiva from the rear. Front is subjective though. But overall, Santa Fe has imposing looks.
Old 12th February 2009, 14:06   #33
BHPian

Hyundai India Motors Limited is ready to launch one of its most successful SUV models, Santa Fe, in India. The car is expected to hit the Indian roads by March 2009 but the expected price of the model for India still remains unknown. However, the estimated price of the model is around Rs. 23-26 lakh. Santa Fe is one of the most successful SUVs in North America and the company intends to bring its petrol as well as diesel model in India.
HMIL is the wholly owned Indian subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company of South Korea. It is the second largest car manufacturer and the largest car exporter in India. It has made India as its exports hub for its small cars. It has its plants located in Chennai and Sriperumbudur, near Chennai. It currently markets 37 variants of passengers car pan India.
HMIL launched Hyundai i20 in December 2008 which has been a very successful model in the premium hatchback segment. It also launched Hyundai Sonata Transform in India last month to strengthen its market presence in the luxury car segment. Hyundai Director HS Lheem expects to sell more than a thousand units in India annually. With a new SUV in the premium segment, Hyundai certainly looks all geared up to capture the luxury car market in India.
Old 12th February 2009, 15:18   #34
Senior - BHPian

I have seen this SUV during last years autoshow in Delhi. I found it to be very handsome. It has a realtively low bonnet and visaully appears somewhat low slung and planted compared to, say, captiva or outlander.
I have also read great reviews about it. The last row of seat seem to be more substantial too.
Old 28th July 2009, 11:25   #35
BHPian

Folks

Any update on when or if we could expect this in India ? Some sites report a launch later this year. This could be a nice option in the 18-23 lakhs range.
Old 28th July 2009, 11:35   #36
BHPian

As per as Hyundai dealer in HP, Santa Fe is definitely making its way into India within 2009
I wish it could be true. Reviews about it on WhatCar.co.uk are pretty good.
Old 28th July 2009, 12:36   #37
BHPian

Ash-newcar, where is the source of that information?
Old 28th July 2009, 12:59   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
Ash-newcar, where is the source of that information?
During the i20 (CRDI and AT) Launch in Delhi, I had asked the MD India on Santa Fe launch. MD (Korean) said that they are studying it and it will be launched, however will take some time, around a year.

So it will come for sure, but will be after a few months. Till then Fortuner is arriving at the doorstep -- August Launch
Old 28th July 2009, 13:58   #39
BHPian

Hyundai Sante Fe's front design will grow into you for sure just like as it did to me. First it looked funny, but slowly, I started to like it. Feels macho to look at!

I test drove recently this one with RAV4 and Nissan X-Trail back to back and will say the CRDi 2.2 Auto is the most refined one being a diesel and better responsive than *believe me* X-Trail 2.5 CVT. Its 2.2 mill is far far more economical than Tucson CRDi 2.0. I remember around 7-8 liters per 100km if I am not wrong where Tucson's was around 10l per 100 km. This implies it is more refined and less carbon emission.

Everything was good except the interior finish which clearly showed its a Hyundai, esp the 2WD I tested had a plastic door opener among other things, that really put me off. It was a seven seater. Ride quality was good but couldn't test any cornering or whatever that sort of.

For me it is a very good candidate at a price of 15lakhs (which is not going to be the case), Hyundai will price surely around 20l as Tucson itself is around 16l. If it is anything beyong 16-17, it is going to be tough sell for Hyundai and Santa Fe.

Last edited by sgmuser : 28th July 2009 at 14:02.
Old 28th July 2009, 15:28   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry no pics. My Blackberry doesn't have a camera.
damn those blackberry's not even a camera . dude get yourself a blackberry storm if you like your berries.
or may i suggest the new E72 5 mega pixels, carl ziess lenns.

anyways this was off topic but santa fe coming to india. cool. they are gonna compete with what GV or endy??!!! or the fortuner

anyone game for hyundai suv for 20 lacs!!! i hope they price it below fortuner!!

Last edited by Caramelo : 28th July 2009 at 15:32.
Old 28th July 2009, 15:31   #41
Senior - BHPian

I personally didn't like the front,but rear & side profile looks good.
Old 28th July 2009, 15:37   #42
BHPian

Quote:
The car had a strange number plate: NL-05 XXXX.
NL-05 xxxx is Nagaland registration. This state is a notorious haven for stolen cars.
Old 28th July 2009, 20:20   #43
Senior - BHPian

Can you elaborate tortoise awfull lot of grey imports in Mumbai with NL for some odd suspecious reasons.

Years ago I kept hearing stories about life in Nagaland and beyound (till India border) that locals loved designer clothes and expensive imported cars which were easily available because either Indian government had given the region special status or these were never registered and everyone roamed around freely getting all the imported goodies like alcohol, expensive cars, cloths, fancy houses with all imported designer fittings as there was no local level admiinistration to police the place. Is this ture?
Old 28th July 2009, 22:06   #44
BHPian

Amidst the Land Cruisers, Hiluxs, and Tucsans that trickle down from Bhutan, one can occassionally see an odd Santa Fe (Bhutan registered) here in Siliguri. I saw one the other day parked just outside my gate. Maybe one of them has been imported via this route and finds it way to Nagaland?

Maybe one of these days, I got to have a thread for "Cars from Bhutan."
Old 29th July 2009, 09:30   #45
BHPian

This SUV from Hyundai is really looking stunning & looks like it has a mighty character !!
It will be a direct competitor to Land Cruisers, Scorpios.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed