Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2009, 19:33   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
You are correct ACM.It's just make the manufacturer to build a plant here and generate job for local people.

But one thing happened because of this is that the car's sold as CKD,will never achieve a 80%-90% localication.since they get enough profit for the volume they sell.

For eg. Mercedes which is here for more than 10 years,but just now it has finished it own plant for assembling.I am user that they don't localize their products for more than 30 % because they want to maintain the high profit and status.Due to this we will never get a C class benz less than 30 Lakhs
what is so bad/frustrating in that? Good things are never cheap
Old 13th November 2009, 10:42   #107
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Beetle is an iconic car / brand. It's purpose is to build the VW brand in India, and add some premium appeal to the name.

VW themselves know that CBU sales in the sub-20 lakh segment lead to very limited volumes.
Old 13th November 2009, 13:20   #108
BHPian

I saw a Bug on Indiranagar 100 ft Road outside eZone last week. Also saw a VW Touareg on Koramangala Intermediate Ring Road last month (wowww... maassssive vehice!!!) . Maybe these were direct imports by their owners since they are yet to be launched.
Old 13th November 2009, 20:39   #109
njh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
VW Beetle launches on 4th December.

Strike that!! 6th December. Touareg to be officially launched as well.
Old 14th November 2009, 08:13   #110
BHPian

saw one in pune koregaon park yesterday night. No numberplates!

But was not covered also. So are deliveries already started?
Old 14th November 2009, 18:12   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by njh View Post
Strike that!! 6th December. Touareg to be officially launched as well.
Touareg is already sold here as CBU, its the one with 3.5 Liter engine which is coming.

more details on current model here. One guy in my office building drives to office in that. May be I can click some pics at the parking lot.

The Touareg
Old 16th November 2009, 21:58   #112
njh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Touareg is already sold here as CBU, its the one with 3.5 Liter engine which is coming.

more details on current model here. One guy in my office building drives to office in that. May be I can click some pics at the parking lot.

The Touareg
I agree it is already sold here only by order. There is no 3.5 Liter engine for the Touareg coming here. It is still the 3.0 V6 that will be 'officially' launched.
Old 17th November 2009, 11:01   #113
BHPian

I've seen a couple of bugs here in Ahmedabad on my way from home to office, and a Merc A Class (which was surprising), all sporting GJ plates.
Old 17th November 2009, 11:32   #114
Senior - BHPian

DD Autoworld, Lajpat Nagar starts accepting booking for Beetle. Our MD Sir already booked one last Friday!

Cheers!

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th November 2009 at 19:55. Reason: Please avoid unnecessary formating in your posts, thanks
Old 17th November 2009, 11:33   #115
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Beetle is an iconic car / brand. It's purpose is to build the VW brand in India, and add some premium appeal to the name.

VW themselves know that CBU sales in the sub-20 lakh segment lead to very limited volumes.

But then they should have got the TSI engine out here rather than the 115 bhp 2.0 ltr. mule that they are reportedly planning to introduce.

The intent is definately as per what you mention, but the execution assumes that we all are .. Indians.
Old 17th November 2009, 12:30   #116
Senior - BHPian

Can expect a great sale figures if Beetle is price below 10L, but I'm sure it is above the threshold.
Let wait the for the launch. Is it in petrol or diesel version.
Old 17th November 2009, 12:56   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknophobia View Post
I've seen a couple of bugs here in Ahmedabad on my way from home to office, and a Merc A Class (which was surprising), all sporting GJ plates.
The BUG and the A class you are mentioning about are always seen parked at CHIRAG MOTORS. I have also seen a FIAT 500 there a couple of times. Pictures of which have been posted in IMPORTS IN AHMEDABAD section.

I have seen a soft top and a hard top convertible BUG here. One of them had a DL reg and other one GJ01 reg.
Old 17th November 2009, 16:24   #118
BHPian

Saw Two Touaregs without number plates and with some temporary stickers today (both same greyish colour) both heading towards Mumbai from the Vashi Toll Naka.
Old 20th November 2009, 18:35   #119
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
But then they should have got the TSI engine out here rather than the 115 bhp 2.0 ltr. mule that they are reportedly planning to introduce.

The intent is definately as per what you mention, but the execution assumes that we all are .. Indians.
Not really, ACM. It's a CBU : Meaning, the Beetle will be imported in the exact same trim that it is sold in (from the exporting country). I don't believe any RHD country has a Beetle TSI.
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:32   #120
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not really, ACM. It's a CBU : Meaning, the Beetle will be imported in the exact same trim that it is sold in (from the exporting country). I don't believe any RHD country has a Beetle TSI.
Yep but won't that beat the purpose of - brand image - to release an icon car in a - not too exciting spec level - even if being forced to do it for cbu compulsions.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks