Team-BHP - VW to launch Beetle in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW to launch Beetle in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/42907-vw-launch-beetle-india.html)

German carmaker Volkswagen plans to drive in its iconic car 'Beetle' in India as it looks to strengthen presence in the country. "Beetle is an iconic brand and the profile of the customer the world over for this car is upwardly mobile and well travelled and those who wants to be different. We see a segment of those customers in India," Volkswagen Passenger Cars India managing director Makham Dhalivaal told PTI. He said Beetle could be used as a part of the brand building exercise that Voklswagen plans to undertake in India.

"It (Beetle) has a positive hallow effect on other brands," he added.

Asked by when the Beetle could be launched in India, Dhalivaal declined to give a definite timeframe but said: "It could be in the medium term." Beetle is now manufactured in Mexico for VW's worldwide supplies and could come to India through the completely built unit import route.

Buoyed by the overwhelming response to the newly launched sedan Jetta, Dhalivaal said the company expects order of about 1,200 units by the end of this year.— PTI

Source: The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Business

They should have thought about launching Golf as well.

Fully import route ? It may be priced closer to Fiat 500 ?

Prices in US starts at $17,475 which is 731,209.56 INR.
Taking into account the import duties, it would be pitched somewhere close to Fiat 500.

Good News..But im sure the Beetle will be placed between 12-15 Lac range and a 2 Door is not that fancying in India.
See how many new Mini Coopers are on the road?

Great news~!

Can see lots of cute mini cars on the road.

At the Auto expo I hade a word with some senior guy of the group from Germany. We were chatting in German and about the price he said to me (Ungefehr Zwangig Teusend Euro) around 12 Lacs.

That is one great news. When launched will the new Beetle be a Fiat 500 competitor or would it be in a different segment?

Good news indeed, in terms of the variety , but at what cost?. Too high a cost.

will find some good buyers.. but VW should launch it with a diesel engine only.

I am surprised. If this car was manufactured in India or brought in by CKD, SKD route then its fine. But if the car is here to come by CBU, then again this would make Fiat 500 run for cover. I hope they finally come up with some good proper common rail diesel for this.

I think that even though it comes through CBU, it can sell well as compared to Fiat 500.

Finally the iconic cars are to be seen in India. Waiting for a Ferrari 360 Modena in India.

Quote:

"It (Beetle) has a positive hallow effect on other brands," he added.
Lots of Automotive CEO's are waking up to this fact. HM with the potential EVO launch, Fiat with its 500, Audi & the R8 and now VW. Only good news for those who can afford the tag, and will make for a pretty sight on our roads!

That'll be a great thing if the VW bug enters india.

What price but. Its going to be very very steep, i feel it'll be priced at around 18 lacs. if lesser, i am game for it.

Lets see when this gets launched and unlike the fiat 500 hopefully in a petrol variant in addition to diesel. The 150bhp engine seems nice as per the specs on US site :)
New Beetle - Complete Specs

VW please give us some powerful engine this time,there wont be many takers for the car but VW can please the limited ones who intend to buy unlike fiat 500 with 1.3 multijet engine.

just hope they dont plonk the same laura engine into the beetle as they've done with the jetta with a few tweaks. else you'll have all three cars with 105bhp & similar ratio's. They need to give us the new CRDi & not the nearly redundant noisy PD engine.