Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2008, 11:47   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The diesel, and its pricing, will be crucial for any potential success of the new Elantra. If Hyundai gets too optimistic, it will go the way of the previous Elantra.
Old 25th July 2008, 11:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Sounds good. The C+ segment will be exciting in late 08. We have new City,Linea and now Avante. I don't think Toyota is bringing the diesel Corolla, but if it does - it will easily grab market share from Civic, that will be real fun cheers:
Old 25th July 2008, 12:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The diesel, and its pricing, will be crucial for any potential success of the new Elantra. If Hyundai gets too optimistic, it will go the way of the previous Elantra.
Oh, they would. if Getz diesel and Verna diesel are anything to go by, Avante diesel will be overpriced for sure.
Old 25th July 2008, 20:24   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
That's nice.

Whatever engine options Hyundai may offer, they should include the Verna diesel engine (1.5?) as well. It would make a good diesel car for back-benchers who have a chauffeur, and do not need all the horsepower of bigger displacement. The torque will be more than adequate.
1.6L VGT For sure. not Verna's Engine.
Old 25th July 2008, 20:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Oh, they would. if Getz diesel and Verna diesel are anything to go by, Avante diesel will be overpriced for sure.
haha m still waiting for the booking for me, Avante or Verna. haha my friend told me good news.
Old 25th July 2008, 20:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
One magazine is claiming that new elantra will have the same 2000cc engine from previous elantra.
lol no way , Avante VGT for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Any information on what will be pricing and which powerplants will arrive ?

IMO, they should also bring the 2.0 petrol engine and 2.0 diesel plus the 1.6 diesel. They will rule the segment.
Sorry not much information about it. My friend asked but they are not disclosing it.
Old 28th July 2008, 11:13   #22
BHPian

What I heard some time back was that they are keeping it on hold becauses of the pricing. If they want to release ir for less than 10L, they have to do a lot of localisation, which is difficult at this point of time. Instead if they can brin gthe i30 which is a new model, that will help Hundai.
Old 28th July 2008, 12:04   #23
BHPian

i30 with the same dimensions in Europe with 2.0 CRDI engine would have made me a Hyundai car owner. Less hope now as I'm all set for Fiat Linea (Corolla being the only one that can change my mind if a nice diesel model is launched with decent price).
Old 28th July 2008, 17:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai management is stupid by delaying the Avante. It has been on the market for almost 2 years now in the US and is quite a looker.

You need to sell today's newspaper today itself. Nobody will want it tomorrow.
Old 15th July 2009, 05:39   #25
BHPian

July 2009 launch in India for Hyundai Avante?

A few websites have quoted a July 2009 launch in India for Hyundai Avante. Any news anybody?
Old 17th July 2009, 20:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

I do not think Hyundai India has any plan to launch a car in Elantra segment.
Old 10th November 2010, 01:00   #27
BHPian

Mod Note : Team-BHP's Official Hyundai Elantra review has been released at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks

sorry for bumping an old thread but does anyone has any idea when the avante is going to launched? i read on rediff that its going to come this december but there no news about it on other sites. i contacted the showroom and they dont have an idea either. i own a verna and this would be a great upgrade car

[b]Note from Support: Please avoid posting the same post multiple times. Your post might take some time to appear on the forum. For more information, go through the Announcements section. Thanks![b]

Last edited by GTO : 30th July 2012 at 12:44. Reason: Adding link to review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks