Team-BHP - Some more stuff on Fiat
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Some more stuff on Fiat (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/4299-some-more-stuff-fiat.html)

It seems that the parent unit is turning around. Lets hope, for my sake atleast that the Indian arm gets its act together.

Please visit this link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4304985.stm

I am just this teeny weeny bit close to buying the Petra. Frankly speaking after this car, the others (Baleno, Ford Ikon and the Esteem) seem very drab. If there is no other encouraging development I might buy a very basic 800/Alto and then decide which car I want to upgrade to. I will keep both cars in that case. God, I hate this uncertainty.

Since the Petra is such a great car, i think you should go ahead and buy it. The petra/palio sells in much larger numbers in countries such as Brazil etc, and it's also the same platform as the bravo/brava, Fiat's world cars. Spares should not be much of a problem.

What do the others think?

Yes surely if you like the car you should go ahead and buy it. The car is very good in terms of performance and handling but its fe is not so good. Also service is just ok. With some mods you can make the petra much better. Do read the review by Rahulmd on his petra.

I have read the reviews. And like I said soemwhere else I am like 90% made up on the Petra. have asked for another test drive - from Anuroop this time. They will be coming over to my place on Saturday. So my wife gets to drive it too.

Low to moderate FE is okay because I dont plan to drive it around too much ... Maybe less than 100 km a week (averaged over a year). Of course there will be some long drives that pinch the pocket. *smiles*

I am actually sad that such good products are not supported by the company.

Quote:

Originally Posted by typeOnegative
I have read the reviews. And like I said soemwhere else I am like 90% made up on the Petra. have asked for another test drive - from Anuroop this time. They will be coming over to my place on Saturday. So my wife gets to drive it too.

Low to moderate FE is okay because I dont plan to drive it around too much ... Maybe less than 100 km a week (averaged over a year). Of course there will be some long drives that pinch the pocket. *smiles*

I am actually sad that such good products are not supported by the company.

Hey type one since you decided 90% then whats the delay book it and zoom around with it :p Well if you dont drive more then 100 a week then you would be driving 5400km per year and the car gives 8kpl so on a average you would be spending Rs. 28350 on fuel if you put normal unleaded fuel.(I calculated it at Rs. 42/litre) but the prices will surely rise soon. :mad:

Fiat is surely a good company but it has been underestimated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maybach
Hey type one since you decided 90% then whats the delay book it and zoom around with it :p Well if you dont drive more then 100 a week then you would be driving 5400km per year and the car gives 8kpl so on a average you would be spending Rs. 28350 on fuel if you put normal unleaded fuel.(I calculated it at Rs. 42/litre) but the prices will surely rise soon. :mad:

I am partial to Speed. *smiles* So my petrol bill will be higher (or lower if Speed results in better economy). Hmmm dil chahta hai, but biwi ko bhi to manana hai na. :p

Quote:

I am partial to Speed. *smiles* So my petrol bill will be higher (or lower if Speed results in better economy). Hmmm dil chahta hai, but biwi ko bhi to manana hai na. :p

lol: speed will give better economy but you will floor the pedal to the metal more :p Thought 98 octabe fuel is also available for Rs .49.xx

Quote:

lol: speed will give better economy but you will floor the pedal to the metal more :p Thought 98 octabe fuel is also available for Rs .49.xx

No no. I am a very conscientious driver. I think so atleast. *smiles* Speed retails at Rs 44.xx in Mumbai. I have never tried the 98 octane fuel you mention.

Quote:

No no. I am a very conscientious driver. I think so atleast. *smiles* Speed retails at Rs 44.xx in Mumbai. I have never tried the 98 octane fuel you mention.

Good to know you drive responsibly. The 98 Octane is from Reliance and it is available at reliance pumps in koperkharaine :)

Quote:

Good to know you drive responsibly. The 98 Octane is from Reliance and it is available at reliance pumps in koperkharaine :)

Okay. Have you used it and found any significant advantage?

Quote:

Okay. Have you used it and found any significant advantage?

Not used it but people from this site have. Some advantages are there. Do check out the thread 98 octane petrol at Rs. 47.xx

Quote:

TypeOne / Mayback,
In case you are more bothered about FE of Petra, don't push it too much and you can easily get a mileage of 10+ kpl (In city with AC).
-Sivadas

Quote:

Originally Posted by sivadas
TypeOne / Mayback,
In case you are more bothered about FE of Petra, don't push it too much and you can easily get a mileage of 10+ kpl (In city with AC).
-Sivadas

Hey Sivadas who buys a petra to ease it off on the pedal :p

Typeone,

Just go out and get the car. I can tell you are fixated on it, and if you wait till the company bounces back to good health....it will take a long long time.

GTO

And hey TypeOnegative, once you get the car fix in a free flow and K&N...Im sure u will get another couple of km's per litre of gas.........:-) ...why worry when U got genius's sittn rite here to help ur cause!!!hehhehe...kiddin..

Go and buy the damn car :mad: