Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Old 11th February 2021, 08:08   #151
BHPian

Default Re: How do dealers dispose off a demo car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidsawant328 View Post
Hi All,

I am getting a used car deal on a 2018 Polo GT TDI done 11,000 kms. The car is in mint condition and drives well, seems like a brand new car.
The car is registered in the name of VW India Chakan plant.
The dealer told me that it was used by VW executives in the plant itself. Want to ensure its not a test drive car with a tampered meter.
Anyone know how I can get this verified or any insights that may be helpful.
In case you do go ahead with this car, do get all the tyres changed, as well as battery, (this will be 4 years old next year, and need change) EW from the date you do this deal, all this on the dealers account.

Also extensively check the service history.

All the best, on your PDI.

Last edited by Vinod_nair : 11th February 2021 at 08:10.
Vinod_nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 18:27   #152

I am currently facing a similar dilemma. Really liked the Honda civic but it's been discontinued so wondering if I should pick up a demo car from the showroom. How much of a discount should I be negotiating for? 3-4 lakhs or more? Also, can anyone tell me if the diesel is better than the petrol because all reviews are pointing to the same? Better handling than the cvt, better mileage & faster all through.
Old 21st February 2021, 22:26   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivethrough View Post
I am currently facing a similar dilemma. Really liked the Honda civic but it's been discontinued so wondering if I should pick up a demo car from the showroom. How much of a discount should I be negotiating for? 3-4 lakhs or more? Also, can anyone tell me if the diesel is better than the petrol because all reviews are pointing to the same? Better handling than the cvt, better mileage & faster all through.
In my view ball park figure should be 25% but as this discontinued model, it should be more.. but then again it's a HONDA so normal calculation doesn't apply.. May be so the dealer for offer and start from there..

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd February 2021 at 08:20. Reason: edited
Old 22nd February 2021, 11:04   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivethrough View Post
Hello drivethrough,

The Civic is a great machine if someone loves it by heart. And since you have made your mind going for it, try looking out with some flexibility in variants/colours for a piece lying in some dealer's stockyard in HP, PB, HR, DL etc. Since Civic was not a fast moving model, atleast 1 car might be available with some dealer.
If not, 3-4 lakhs was the sum already being discounted when the car was sale in it's last days. The amount you can bargain for should be higher than that definitely given the point you'll be getting a MY'20, discontinued car.

Good luck for your purchase.
Piyush
Old 22nd February 2021, 11:10   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurgaon_lyon View Post
In my view ball park figure should be 25% but as this discontinued model, it should be more.. but then again it's a Toyota so normal calculation doesn't apply.. May be so the dealer for offer and start from there..
Thanks! A Honda right, why do you say Toyota?
drivethrough is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed