Team-BHP - Fiat India Site says Bravo coming soon
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat India Site says Bravo coming soon (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/43178-fiat-india-site-says-bravo-coming-soon.html)

Hey guys,

Did you notice that Fiat India website says Bravo coming soon to India. Here is the link.

The essential -
Available in a sparkling, high-performance 1.9 Ltr Multijet engine that delivers an awesome power of 150 bhp at 4000 rpm and a peak torque of 305 nm at 2000 rpm.

And some tall claims-
The instrument panel is turned completely towards the driver, and the graphics make the information simple and immediate to read, thanks to the use of large, highly-visible characters.And not forgetting the elegant interior finish, which in every version adds to the car’s aesthetic experience

"The instrument panel is turned completely towards the driver" - Now I think thats a great design - :thumbs up All the other cars where instrument panel faces the road or sky or the rear seat or even when its projected to on-coming traffic - are going to have it! I think this is first for Indian roads!!

The missing -
Price - the site doesn't specify the most important price - but going by 500 costing 15L - you can make your guesses

What say ye?
Actually post the iPhone, I do not like "Coming soon!" ads. Its too much of a tease for me particularly in case of iPhone and anything automobile!

RD

How much will it cost?
25 lacs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahuldeodhar (Post 920030)

"The instrument panel is turned completely towards the driver" - Now I think thats a great design - :thumbs up All the other cars where instrument panel faces the road or sky or the rear seat or even when its projected to on-coming traffic - are going to have it! I think this is first for Indian roads!!

RD

Even Palio's instrument panel/dashboard portion is tilted towards driver for better ergonomics. Seems this is a typical FIAT design.

Just saw an ad for the 500 where the bravo & the linea were also shown with a tagline

"Every fiat is 500% fiat" :)

Quote:

Even Palio's instrument panel/dashboard portion is tilted towards driver for better ergonomics.
Yup although the GP and Linea's panels aren't the same kind. I prefer dashboards tilted towards the driver. Loved the older BMW's for the same reason.

As for the Bravo listed on the Fiat India website, nothing new about that. It has been listed there for some time now. I read somewhere that Bravo would be launched in August. Seems like the rest of the year is going to belong to Fiat. Bravo in August, Linea in September, GP in Dec/Jan 09.

there seems to be no news on the Grand Punto or the Linea ?

what is fiat doing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by madan80 (Post 920070)
there seems to be no news on the Grand Punto or the Linea ?

what is fiat doing?

Says who? Fiat's top guys have already said that Linea should be out in September and GP in Dec/Jan 09. Going by their last few launches that they have launched bang on the dates they said they would, I think we can take their word about launch dates seriously.

I think they're playing peek-a-boo with the GP. I still feel thats their next car.

FIAT linea has been caught testing many times. I feel that linea would be launched before GP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 920075)
I think they're playing peek-a-boo with the GP. I still feel thats their next car.

I doubt it, although having it that way will be good for me. I would rather consider GP as a contender for my next car, not the Linea. I always feel that hatches generally look much better than sedans which have been derived from them. I have not found many exceptions yet. I am one hatchback fan. It is a different matter that my wife is sold on Linea and the to be released Honda City.

Fiat India wants to launch the sedan first (since presently they don't have any sedan in the market), so it will be Linea first in September, followed by G Punto in Dec or Jan'09!

can think of buying one if they price it in Fabia range (7-9 lacs max!) Otherwise too costly a car for its size/class.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 920042)
How much will it cost?
25 lacs?

yes. the bravo is will be priced around 22-24 lacs

Have seen couple of new Fiats testing many times. Don't know whether they were Linea or Bravo. Had a good street presence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 920074)
Says who? Fiat's top guys have already said that Linea should be out in September and GP in Dec/Jan 09. Going by their last few launches that they have launched bang on the dates they said they would, I think we can take their word about launch dates seriously.

not disputing the talk - disputing the fact that there is no mention of it on the website - other than for a few CCs.