Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 09:59   #61
BHPian

Not sure if the news is 100% geniuine. Fabia RS is in offening and is expected to be launched in AutoExpo. I guess going by Skoda standard the pricing will not something which we would like to . Some habits of pricing are hard to leave, and Skoda is sure to have been bit by that bug. If the legacy of Octavia RS was something to be considered Fabia RS will be a good one to drive and if price clicks excellent one to be in the Garage.
Old 13th November 2009, 10:31   #62
BHPian

kill Skoda threads on team Bhp are alive even after 18 months.
This shows Fabia is alive and kicking.
Fabia is for those who can afford the high maintainance cost , there is some premium feel still left 'Feels Special".
Its getting alive again with Skoda repricing the entry model of Fabia below 5 lakhs , this will increase volumes for Skoda , though the higher end models are still priced more than was 2 years back.
If skoda sells 500 plus Fabias per month thats enough for there is NO compromise in features and quality even after some local content.
Remember no rattle even after 18 months , I see rattles a commun niggle in most hatchbacks going by posts here.
Old 14th November 2009, 03:00   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Isn't it the other way around in India - Check out Jazz & ANHC nos and your will get the picture .
It can go both ways, but sedan is a bigger and more profitable market. Why hurt it.

Jazz and NHC dont share the front end look. Aam admi has no idea they are the same.
Old 14th November 2009, 04:32   #64
BHPian

skoda fabia rs will be the car to watch out for, once it launches it will be the most powerful hatchback in the country, well it will beat all the C+ sedans as well..
Old 14th November 2009, 09:41   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMU View Post
Not sure if the news is 100% geniuine. Fabia RS is in offening and is expected to be launched in AutoExpo. I guess going by Skoda standard the pricing will not something which we would like to . Some habits of pricing are hard to leave, and Skoda is sure to have been bit by that bug. If the legacy of Octavia RS was something to be considered Fabia RS will be a good one to drive and if price clicks excellent one to be in the Garage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
skoda fabia rs will be the car to watch out for, once it launches it will be the most powerful hatchback in the country, well it will beat all the C+ sedans as well..
Though it is OT on this thread, I cannot resist commenting that the RS Fabia will be something that Skoda should be looking at seriously. It is an interesting proposition and will fill a niche presently unoccupied. The Palio 1.6 and Cedia Sport have whetted peoples appetites for performance cars.

Cheers,
Old 14th November 2009, 12:58   #66
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
Then it would surely kill the Sx4 sedan.

Does Suzuki need the consent of Fiat to sell the Sx4 hatch in India as the Sedici/Sx4 was co-developed by Suzuki and Fiat.
Suzuki does not need any permission from Fiat to bring in the hatch, but they certainly need Fiat's nod to plonk their engines.

If suzuki is not getting the permission from Fiat for their 1.6/1,9 MJD diesel then they should go for Peugeot diesels rather than waiting endlessly for Fiat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
It can go both ways, but sedan is a bigger and more profitable market. Why hurt it.

Jazz and NHC dont share the front end look. Aam admi has no idea they are the same.
Yes; but the point i am trying to make is Sedan is always considered superior to a hatch in India. Even if the hatch is a mini SUV unless it has the 3rd row (no matter whether one uses it or not), only will give it a second look and not the mango people
Old 14th November 2009, 14:28   #67
Senior - BHPian

there's surely something not working with fiat-maruti with 1.6/1.9 multijet engine, may be fiat might want to plonk this engine first on their linea and then may be pass in on to maruti, with lesser power to their linea.
Sx4 surely isnt coming to indian market, enough of options from maruti stable and then it would also kill its sedan market,which is the only model they offer, if you dont count dzire as sedan then.
Old 14th November 2009, 15:10   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Suzuki does not need any permission from Fiat to bring in the hatch, but they certainly need Fiat's nod to plonk their engines.

If suzuki is not getting the permission from Fiat for their 1.6/1,9 MJD diesel then they should go for Peugeot diesels rather than waiting endlessly for Fiat.
The SX4 was not developed by Suzuki alone. A joint venture between Fiat and Suzuki developed the Sedici / SX4. Such joint ventures normally have complex and complicated licensing and distribution agreements built into them. There could also be royalty payments at stake.

Cheers,
Old 15th November 2009, 03:31   #69
BHPian

My $0.02 - you don't need a Fabia killer - I think Skoda made it commit suicide a long, long time ago...
Old 15th November 2009, 15:03   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
My $0.02 - you don't need a Fabia killer - I think Skoda made it commit suicide a long, long time ago...
yep.

what i think they should do is to bring this hatch out and set it close to the hyundai i20. and between jazz!! it would work i can bet on it
Old 15th November 2009, 19:14   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
yep.

what i think they should do is to bring this hatch out and set it close to the hyundai i20. and between jazz!! it would work i can bet on it

Well Skoda as per the press release yesterday don't intend to sell large volumes of Fabia , they plan to sell next year around 10000 cars as per the link in business line.
The Hindu Business Line : Volkswagen’s Chakan unit to fuel Skoda volume drive

Old 17th November 2009, 00:42   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiaous View Post
Well Skoda as per the press release yesterday don't intend to sell large volumes of Fabia , they plan to sell next year around 10000 cars as per the link in business line.
The Hindu Business Line : Volkswagen’s Chakan unit to fuel Skoda volume drive

that will be easily achieved, 10k cars is nothing, they will sell like mad
Old 17th November 2009, 01:06   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiaous View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
that will be easily achieved, 10k cars is nothing, they will sell like mad
10k cars per year would still translate to around 800+ cars a month, while they have been selling at around 450 cars per month only. So infact, they are trying to double the sales next year!

I dont think Skoda Fabia sales will double in the next year (Without any BIG change in price) specially after the launch of VW Polo in India!

EDIT: Any relevance for this thread in the present scenario?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th November 2009 at 01:15.
Old 17th November 2009, 01:35   #74
BHPian

Quote:
It's not that simple. The agreement between Suzuki and Fiat (who co-developed SX4) is to sell 2/3 as Suzuki SX4 and 1/3 as Fiat Sedici.
Old 17th November 2009, 10:47   #75
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Fabia's target of 10K hatch (doubling the current numbers) is acheivable with price cuts given increased local manufacturing content for a lot of Polo parts that are shared with the Fabia - expecially related to the engine and transmission.

Infact it is a safe target rather that being ambitious.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks