Old 31st July 2008, 12:18   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
MUL's next plan is a sedan from Wagon R or Alto
Also M800 Sedan. You missed that.
Old 31st July 2008, 14:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

there is no plan to get the hatch here. they had considered to get the suzuki-fiat developed sx4 mini SUV here which has 4 wd.

but no sx4 hatch from suzuki. fiat wont launc that hatch here because they are launching the GP here.

ac
Old 31st July 2008, 15:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
any why do you think so ?

No offence : but if maruti had a higher price tag and if had their spares extremely expensive ( like the 2000+ odd wheel cap cover from another thread ) , would the world have agreed that the sx4 was indeed a premium product ?
Well, the rear lights of the Baleno were costing around 20K, so did that make Baleno a premium product?
Old 31st July 2008, 15:13   #34
BHPian

Yeah seen this baby in my last trip to Jakarta. This actualy is suzuki "Xover" whereas the SX4's we have in India are know as Baleno's. So much so for product segmentation
Old 31st July 2008, 15:14   #35
BHPian

The baleno was a premium product when launched...at least thats what maruti thought.Some how the sx4 hatchback looks more proportional than its sedan sibling.
Old 31st July 2008, 15:30   #36
Senior - BHPian

This SX4 Hatchback as a one good vehicle for the Indian market but it is wrong to compare this with the Fabia.
Old 31st July 2008, 16:57   #37
BHPian

When will Suzuki ever launch its VVT engines in India in one of their vehicles ?? I had hoped that the SX4 will have at least one of the variants with the VVT engine like Honda has for the City. Suzuki never seems to be interested in going above the 8.5 lakh price barrier in India, maybe due to presence of strong competitors like Toyota & Honda.
Old 5th August 2008, 13:30   #38
BHPian

I have the all wheel drive version of this car with 2.0l petrol engine. I won't call it a luxury car by any means. Audi is a luxury car. Suzuki is just a regular car.

It's quite a trooper. It handles decently well off road (not a serious offroader, but a softroader) on unpaved roads in the forest. Here's a photo of my car after I got it all muddy.

Old 5th August 2008, 13:52   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Why do we need a Fabia killer? Fabia has already killed itself, going by the sales figures.
Not if you believe Autocar, Fabia sales are going through the roof
Old 5th August 2008, 17:10   #40
Senior - BHPian

The SX4 hatch is not worth being launched in India. Unless Suzuki plans to phase out the Swift. Ha-ha.

@amit: Why do you think that Maruti messed up on the SX4? It's the hottest selling "luxury sedan" on the southern side of 10 lacs. Runner-up-ped by the NHC...

Skoda has no business selling the Fabia at 9 lacs. Neither should they be allowed to sell the Octavia alongside the Laura. But then, they are doing it with panache now, aren't they. Just because of lack of competition. Garh.

Honda, where art thou? They should launch the Civic hatch at 10 lacs; I bet Honda could move them 200 ponies faster than you could spell S-K-O-D-A.
Old 5th August 2008, 17:18   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
By the way I saw a SX4 Hatch in Tokyo yesterday, but did not saw a single sedan in last 1 week.
Probably because the sedan is not available there. The SX4 sedan was launched here in DXB yesterday, 1+ years after the AWD hatch was, with a 1.6 litre 107 bhp engine and a 2 litre 142 bhp engine.
Old 5th August 2008, 19:03   #42
oss
BHPian

It's actually a cross-over and this happens to the original design. Do a search for Sedici, which is the name it is sold in most of the markets by Fiat.
The hatch is an after thought and that is the reason for the unproportionate look of SX4 .
Though it will be a nice niche, not sure if Maruti would want to go there, as they normally target volumes than niche.
Old 22nd August 2008, 17:02   #43
BHPian

Even if this SX4 hatch is released in India, you still have to live with the rattle sound and poor build you face with the Suzukis. In no way it will match the German engineered Fabia (including the price.)

Regards
Mahesh S
Old 12th November 2009, 14:29   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
Even if this SX4 hatch is released in India, you still have to live with the rattle sound and poor build you face with the Suzukis. In no way it will match the German engineered Fabia (including the price.)

Regards
Mahesh S
You mean Czech Republic engineered Fabia?
Old 12th November 2009, 15:21   #45
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

SX4 Hatch build quality and rattlybits will put paid to comparison to Fabia - but frankly Fabia Combi, when it is launched would be the correct comparison to make.

Maruti will definitely score over Skoda in terms of dealers, sales and service network and the vehicle can become a good sales success in comparison with the Fabia-combi.

And one can reasonably expect pricing for these two vehicles to be comparable - they will all be subsumed into being part of the Premium Hatch/Crossover segment as and when they come in.

Most Viewed