Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2009, 16:06   #46
BHPian

Fabia is already a Killed product as far as the sales are concerned in india, so does anybody care for Killing the Fabia ?

BTW, how is it doing worldwide, can anybody throw some light on that.
Old 12th November 2009, 17:02   #47
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

I wonder why the thread keeps referring to the Fabia. What does that have to do with the SX4 hatch. Fabia is already doing quite poorly in India and is unlikely to do well unless there are some changes (including pricing). On the other hand Fabia is doing quite well for itself internationally and is among the highlights for Skoda.
Old 12th November 2009, 17:47   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron View Post
You mean Czech Republic engineered Fabia?
NO. German engineered Fabia. May be true that they are manufactured/assembled in Czech Republic.

Yes. I too feel that there is no point in discussing on this topic. A SX4 hatch will never come to India.

Last edited by MadRash : 12th November 2009 at 17:51.
Old 12th November 2009, 17:59   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
NO. German engineered Fabia. May be true that they are manufactured/assembled in Czech Republic.

Yes. I too feel that there is no point in discussing on this topic. A SX4 hatch will never come to India.
Well if you Compare Hyundai Tucson and a SX4. They could compete head to head. Tucson is around 14Lakhs ex showroon delhi. A new body style on the same platform with diesel engine and 4X4 option i think they could place is well with in 10 lakhs catagory.
Old 12th November 2009, 18:11   #50
BHPian

Why only fabia killer. In the uk market it is sold at a price about 15-20% higher than swift. It translates into the range of 6.25 to 7 lakhs. With its looks and road presence it can be i20, jazz killer also. I hope MUL is considering it for India.
Old 12th November 2009, 20:27   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcstheg View Post
We are talking about adding a diesel engine to make a hatch a sporty hatch...

What has the indian automotive world come to ?

its crazy! a lot of people have been telling me that the swift diesel is 'sportier' than the petrol version. why? because it 'feels faster'. but then I get them to compare 0-60 times, 0-100 times, and they get confused. they come back quoting 20-80 timings in 3rd gear... to which I say: "what sort of 'sporty' driver accelerates from 20 to 80 in 3rd gear? if you wanna get from 20 to 80 in the shortest time possible you should only be in 1st and 2nd gear, with a change somewhere in between."

the reason why they say it feels faster is because they upshift at 2500rpm. anybody who upshifts at 2500 rpm doesnt have a right to talk about 'sporty' cars.

Back on topic: I think the Indian mass-market is not ready for an SX4 hatchback. People would think that a Swift Dzire with a 1.3 diesel engine is more 'prestegious' than a SX4 hatchback with a 1.6 petrol engine, simply because it has a boot ('dikky'). So that leaves only a few enthusiasts who would shell out the extra lakh or two for an SX4 hatchback. And even with the enthusiasts, the SX4 would have limited appeal because its so high it looks like it will topple over if you took a 90-degree turn at anything over 60km/h.
Old 12th November 2009, 22:03   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sx4 Hatchback ... A Perfect Fabia Killer?
Forget being a Fabia killer..........its more of a SX4-sedan killer.

Nobody will want to buy a sedan when the cheaper hatch has the same look.
Old 12th November 2009, 22:25   #53
BHPian

This car (in page 1 of this thread) is " FIAT Sedici " sold in European Market .
Old 12th November 2009, 22:37   #54
Senior - BHPian

Why to kill Fabia?? Isn't it already dying?
Old 12th November 2009, 22:42   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
I thought that the Fusion was practical and roomy but nor sporty? Is it a sporty drive?
Fusion has very lively engine (petrol), stiffly sprung suspension which doesn't allow much body role and extremely responsive steering. I am not sure if the word 'sporty' is appropriate but the drive is fun and recreational.
Old 12th November 2009, 22:51   #56
Senior - BHPian

Only reason I came to this thread is because of the title. The Fabia is already obliterated. No more killing required.
Old 12th November 2009, 23:39   #57
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Forget being a Fabia killer..........its more of a SX4-sedan killer.

Nobody will want to buy a sedan when the cheaper hatch has the same look.
Isn't it the other way around in India - Check out Jazz & ANHC nos and your will get the picture

But if they make it look more masculine (monstrous like Scorpio ?!) and put the 1.9 diesel, then we can count on our netas (read ward counsilors & corporators) to make it a success.
Old 13th November 2009, 00:28   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
But if they make it look more masculine (monstrous like Scorpio ?!) and put the 1.9 diesel, then we can count on our netas (read ward counsilors & corporators) to make it a success.
Then it would surely kill the Sx4 sedan.

Does Suzuki need the consent of Fiat to sell the Sx4 hatch in India as the Sedici/Sx4 was co-developed by Suzuki and Fiat.
Old 13th November 2009, 09:13   #59
Senior - BHPian

Maruti has lot of vehicles in this segment having one more hatch is a killer. difficult for people to choose.

Waiting for DDiS eng in GV and can later get the SX4 SUV itself to India.
Maruti, are you planning to plonk diesel eng in Gypsy? That would be another killer in sales.
Old 13th November 2009, 09:28   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
its crazy! a lot of people have been telling me that the swift diesel is 'sportier' than the petrol version. why? because it 'feels faster'. but then I get them to compare 0-60 times, 0-100 times, and they get confused. they come back quoting 20-80 timings in 3rd gear... to which I say: "what sort of 'sporty' driver accelerates from 20 to 80 in 3rd gear? if you wanna get from 20 to 80 in the shortest time possible you should only be in 1st and 2nd gear, with a change somewhere in between."

the reason why they say it feels faster is because they upshift at 2500rpm. anybody who upshifts at 2500 rpm doesnt have a right to talk about 'sporty' cars.

They feel the Diesels are sportier as they are impressed with the torque 'punch' that pushes them back in their seats at low revs.

This is an old thread from the days before Skoda killed the Fabia by positioning it as a 'Premium hatch' (with anaemic engines) instead of its normal 'Cheap Hatch' around the world.

Today the only question that survives is whether Suzuki will bring it to India.

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks