Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2008, 18:01   #1
BHPian

Sx4 Hatchback ... A Perfect Fabia Killer?

Now that the luxury hatchback segment is all heating up... and Skoda Fabia is taking away most of the market share (infact fusion had minuscule barely surviving)... isnt it its time for our king of india suzuki to bring this super luxury hatch back to India ...

I hope it happens soon .. and i hope they fit one DDiS to it too ....

Attached Thumbnails
Sx4 Hatchback ... A Perfect Fabia Killer?-phoimg04.jpg  

Sx4 Hatchback ... A Perfect Fabia Killer?-phoimg05.jpg  

Sx4 Hatchback ... A Perfect Fabia Killer?-phoimg06.jpg  

Sx4 Hatchback ... A Perfect Fabia Killer?-phoimg07.jpg  

Sx4 Hatchback ... A Perfect Fabia Killer?-photoimg2.jpg  

Sx4 Hatchback ... A Perfect Fabia Killer?-untitled.jpg  

Sx4 Hatchback ... A Perfect Fabia Killer?-untitled1.jpg  

Old 29th July 2008, 18:36   #2
BHPian

I hope this SX4 is introduced in India. Just attaching another one I clicked outside my house ! It sure is a good drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Sx4 Hatchback ... A Perfect Fabia Killer?-sx-4-germany.jpg  

Old 29th July 2008, 19:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Its going to be perfect for the city, and due to the high clearance, it ll be able to handle some rough stuff as well.
Old 29th July 2008, 19:43   #4
BHPian

The July ACI/Overdrive (don't remember which one!) says that MUL has no plans of bringing the SX4 hatch to India. they may have to change their plans once the Grande Punto and Jazz hit the market.
Old 29th July 2008, 19:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

The category this car would fall is in Fusion category. As we can see there is not much happening here.
The Sedan is the best option for India. However, they can come up with one if it has a good diesel.
Old 29th July 2008, 19:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

And if they do introduce, hope they will price it right. And they have to introduce in Diesel. Then the competiton with Fabia will be a thing to watch. BTW, any idea of the specs of the vehicle?
Old 29th July 2008, 19:57   #7
BHPian

In Germany they have a 1.9L diesel engine which produces 120PS and gives an FE of about 13 in the city. I also recently drove the 4 wheel drive option of this car, however did not get a chance to experience its capabilities
Old 29th July 2008, 20:11   #8
Senior - BHPian

I doubt it ll be launched in India . If they do MSIL will closely analyse how the Jazz, GP and other cars in that segment perform. Though it would be a great car for the weekends. But they ll surely need a diesel to plonk in it. Does it come with a diesel in other markets?
Old 29th July 2008, 20:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Why do we need a Fabia killer? Fabia has already killed itself, going by the sales figures.
Old 29th July 2008, 20:24   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Why do we need a Fabia killer? Fabia has already killed itself, going by the sales figures.
very true..

By the way I saw a SX4 Hatch in Tokyo yesterday, but did not saw a single sedan in last 1 week.
Old 29th July 2008, 20:30   #11
Senior - BHPian

Guys, the hatch is the original SX4. The sedan is the afterthought. This hatch was designed in collaboration with FIAT. Infact, it is sold as a FIAT in certain markets. Both the hatch and sedan are designed by Guigaro, one of the well known Italian car designers. The hatch will never see the light of day here and this thread is meaningless.Why?. The hatch is sporty and that doesn't find a market here. My opinion.
Old 29th July 2008, 20:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion very soon, India will catch up with sporty hatch, Ford Fusion is a good example, though it sells at low numbers, but its there for long time and they have not shut the doors for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Guys, the hatch is the original SX4. The sedan is the afterthought. This hatch was designed in collaboration with FIAT. Infact, it is sold as a FIAT in certain markets. Both the hatch and sedan are designed by Guigaro, one of the well known Italian car designers. The hatch will never see the light of day here and this thread is meaningless.Why?. The hatch is sporty and that doesn't find a market here. My opinion.
Old 29th July 2008, 20:45   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
In my opinion very soon, India will catch up with sporty hatch, Ford Fusion is a good example, though it sells at low numbers, but its there for long time and they have not shut the doors for it.
I thought that the Fusion was practical and roomy but nor sporty? Is it a sporty drive?
Old 29th July 2008, 20:45   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
The hatch will never see the light of day here and this thread is meaningless.Why?. The hatch is sporty and that doesn't find a market here. My opinion.
i agree. the only way it can sell at least decent volumes if they come with a diesel engine. But then again, if they have a diesel engine they might as well as plonk it in SX4 sedan and get even better volumes. (we know which sells more - Getz CRDI or Verna CRDI)

I am sure Maruti has better places to invest their money & energy than a low volume SX4 hatch.
Old 29th July 2008, 20:57   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Calling the Fusion a "sporty hatch" is a stretch by any length of the imagination!.. Well, for example the WagonR is marketed in the UK as a Vauxhall Agila and the target buyers are retirees and pensioners!.Here in India, it is the young and upwardly mobile who aspire to own one!. I can understand why you compare a Fusion to a 'sporty hatch'. Cheers!

Most Viewed