Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2008, 14:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Err is "More Trouble for Other Cars" a feature of the Scorpio? From that ad it would appear so.
Old 30th July 2008, 14:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

I don't see anything wrong with this AD. In fact IMO, "more trouble for other cars" and its variations has been a more creative adline to me than something like the i10 Kappa's claims on inverting the laws of physics because they have been able to extract 77(?) bhp from 1200 cc or Shahrukh Khan trying to beat a superbike on acceleration with the i10 (or is it about the car having ABS/Airbags which the superbike doesn't).
Old 30th July 2008, 15:16   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

@ Maverick
@ Gregory

Sorry but you are quite wrong and judgemental in the statements you ve made.

Perhaps you've just had bad luck with being bumped into by Scorpios. This does not make all Scorpio drivers stupid or aggressive.

It is somewhat similar to people classifying all indica drivers as "taxi drivers" and cursing them, or some years ago, it was the Qualis Driver and Sumo Driver who were singled out for this kind of bashing.

The vehicle cannot help it if some moron is behind its wheel!
Plus, the ad which says "more trouble for other cars" is not an aggressive ad - it simply plugs the Scorpio as a better alternative in comparison to whichever other vehicle one might be considering and that is exactly that, the job of the advertisement, is to pursuade, convince and convert the customer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
Damn, its advertisements like this that make scorpio drivers rash.

Maverick1977
nothing wrong?
I have been hit by scorpio's 2 times in the last 1 year. By no other car but stupid scorpio drivers. My car has been dented pretty badly thanks to ads like these
Old 30th July 2008, 15:33   #19
BHPian

Has anybody out here called up the dealership to find out what does it mean?

Is it a new feature or something? If so, than i am excited to rave it !
Old 30th July 2008, 15:35   #20
BHPian

the fact that the 'trouble' line is added as a bullet point is quite hilarious. as if it's being mentioned casually with the other features.

I hate scorpios too...I think the line should just read "More trouble"!
Old 30th July 2008, 15:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

Safari is at lowest Rs: 772955/- It also offers all the 4 features in the ad of Scorpio. So they only mean trouble for other cars in terms of price. It doesn't sounds Irresponsible, rather funny and arrogant in a positive way.
Old 30th July 2008, 15:41   #22
BANNED

Its just an ad, why should we object to it.

One more gimmick to sell their car, anyways the Scorpio is a Bigger car and never ever marketed as an SUV.
Old 30th July 2008, 15:46   #23
BHPian

Years back when they launched Scorpio, it was selected as the COTY by the auto magazines. At that time, all Scorpios sported a sticker behind it which read:

"You are behind the Car of the Year. Behind!"

That was the style of Scorpio Ads. Now whats wrong with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
Damn, its advertisements like this that make scorpio drivers rash.

Maverick1977
nothing wrong?
I have been hit by scorpio's 2 times in the last 1 year. By no other car but stupid scorpio drivers. My car has been dented pretty badly thanks to ads like these
Now Give me a break
Old 30th July 2008, 15:50   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea View Post
Years back when they launched Scorpio, it was selected as the COTY by the auto magazines. At that time, all Scorpios sported a sticker behind it which read:
"You are behind the Car of the Year. Behind!"
That was the style of Scorpio Ads. Now whats wrong with it?
Now Give me a break

Stop guys lets not start bashing the car thread.

Years back the very much refined scorp came against competition with the not so refined Safari.

But over the years there are other SUV's including the Safari,which has toughened the competition.

So maybe they are selling cars via AD'scheers:
Old 30th July 2008, 15:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

IMO, dont see any problems with the "tagline", its only in terms of the competition it will offer to other cars.
Old 30th July 2008, 15:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

LOL, this thread is already exhibiting tendencies of running into scores of pages, methinks it should be moved to "Shifting Gears" - nowhere else will do!

Last edited by suman : 30th July 2008 at 15:58.
Old 30th July 2008, 16:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

IMHO this ad does not require to invite any more attention than tha road side snake charmer.

Read and move one , of courese any advertiser would try to draw out every pennys worth from the media speace for which he has paid .

C'mon every scorpio driver is not a moron, but when you have size and power it sometime does tends to get used in the wrong way. It all depends on the maturity of the driver, no matter the car . I think even scorpio owners in the forum will agree
Old 30th July 2008, 16:34   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

If the marketing people are not aware that this kind of vehicle sells well to bully boys, then they are not doing their job right!

That is not to say that only bully boys buy it (and other SUVs), or that bully boys never buy Sparks and i10s.

However, I don't recall seeing any politicos (flag on bonnet) forcing their way through the Chennai traffic in an i10 recently
Old 30th July 2008, 16:43   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
However, I don't recall seeing any politicos (flag on bonnet) forcing their way through the Chennai traffic in an i10 recently
Thad, quite a tall task, if you ask me. They would rather be driving around parks, racing superbikes, upshifting gears from 2nd to 4th directly.
Old 30th July 2008, 16:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

If the attitude of the tag " More trouble for other cars " was to say that it can make Mercedes-Benz , BMW , Audi, Bently and RR owners ditch their cars in favour of Scorpio, they could have more sense comparing the car with the luxury brands.

If the attitude was to say that it sells better than other cars, then they could have done a sales chart comparison. But none of that sort.

This is not a positive attitude by either of dealer/ad agency/manufacturer.

But this is the trend. I have seen TV ads that can put special effects in movies to shame. We have to live with this.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks