Team-BHP - Irresponsible Scorpio Advertisement
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Irresponsible Scorpio Advertisement (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/43261-irresponsible-scorpio-advertisement.html)

Today's edition of the Bangalore Times (supplement) has a print ad for the CRDe Scorpio. Alongwith the usual blah-blah about the car features, the last point caught my eye - it says "More trouble for other cars"

Now, I do remember reading this earlier but only after going through a thread on the forum about scorpio drivers did it strike me that when a manufacturer markets a vehicle in this manner - some of it would surely rub off on the customers!

IMHO the ad is irresponsible although the statement "more trouble for other cars" can be interpreted in other ways.

Your views and comments please!

Note: Mods, if this is an inappropriate section for the thread, kindly move it to the right one. Thanks.

Well, let's see the advertisement before we can comment. Can you scan and upload?

Did it mean more trouble of other cars in terms of sales ?

Aah another round of what looks to be the hottest pastime, Scorpio bashing..

Seriously this tagline does not send any message useful or otherwise into my grey cells. But then this is just me :D. Let sleeping dogs lie..

There's nothing wrong with such messages. If this were the case some one (other manufacturer, ad agency or an individual) would have surely taken up the matter with ASCI, which is the governing body in the ad world.
Anyway the ad is reproduced for comments...:Frustrati

If you ask me, it would have been more effective if it was put up there in bigger font on top of or just below the price cut - doesn't make sense mentioning it as a bullet point with the rest of the "features"

All they are saying is trouble from sales point of view.
Scorpio ad theme has always been that its "A better car" than other cars, case in point a guy ditching his merc etc., and helicopters et al.

Quite clearly the message is more value for money. It is not a muscle ad - it states that you get even more toys for a lower price.
That is the trouble for other cars.

I see nothing irresponsible in this advert. But this is my opinion.

Does it mean 'More trouble for other cars in your garage'?

So if you buy Scorpio, other cars in your garage will be used more often....!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 921507)
All they are saying is trouble from sales point of view.
Scorpio ad theme has always been that its "A better car" than other cars, case in point a guy ditching his merc etc., and helicopters et al.

Very true. It has never been marketed other than as cars. Remember that ad when they said this is the car you can walk into & not crawl into.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 921508)
Quite clearly the message is more value for money. It is not a muscle ad - it states that you get even more toys for a lower price.
That is the trouble for other cars.

I see nothing irresponsible in this advert. But this is my opinion.

That's what I said in the first post - the wordings are such that they can be interpreted differently:)

I remember a Santro AD featuring SRK - when they introduced the zip drive - receiving some flak for showing SRK drive like an auto driver after one too many. This AD was direct with no subtle messages.

Damn, its advertisements like this that make scorpio drivers rash. :Frustrati

Maverick1977
nothing wrong?
I have been hit by scorpio's 2 times in the last 1 year. By no other car but stupid scorpio drivers. My car has been dented pretty badly thanks to ads like these :deadhorse

Is this ad more irresponsible than car advts with film stars zipping around busy roads at high speeds?

What is irresponsible about the car maker making a point about a price cut on his car - yes, it surely is trouble for other cars who are more expensive.

well they have been advertising like this from past one year. it caught your attention quite lately i guess and yes the intention is quite clear. to rub off other customers. this advt is going on from the time mhawk got released

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Just perfectly fine yaar.

If a marketer isnt allowed to be creative and poke fun, what is he to do for a living? :)