Team-BHP - Toyota Avanza coming to India?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota Avanza coming to India? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/43346-toyota-avanza-coming-india-2.html)

With Innova sales falling Toyota may well bring it.
As for excise, its 15000 for 1500cc+ and 20000 for 20000cc+
As for 1495cc engine, its a petrol putting out 107bhp, pretty adequate.
But a Petrol MUV is hara kiri, so Toyota may forgo excise cut and plonk in Innova engine or fit some other smaller engine from their stable, but that does not seem likely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 924255)
With Innova sales falling Toyota may well bring it.

What falling? Innova sales are pretty healthy. In fact, they are trailing the best selling Bolero by a close margin. Toyota has managed to move an average of 4,500 Innovas / month for Jan - June period of '08.

Yes, the void left by the Qualis has potential and a cheaper UV would bring Toyota the numbers. But a product like the Avanza will eat into the Innova's sales without a doubt. Their focus seems to be on the new Corolla (short term) and two other cars, one each for the B + entry C segment.

God it looks worse than an Innova... but I am sure there is a market. I know so many people who will give there left leg to have a vehicle under 6 lacs that can seat 6 people at least. My boss is an example. He wants to ferry his family whenever he wants to go around Pune and he hates Sumo and Scorpio/Tavera are too expensive or just too big. This would fit the bill and the brand ofcourse is Toyota... makes super sense..

this looks like the Rhino. Its ugly. Hope they do a makeover before introducing in Indian market.

I saw a Toyota Estima on the road last week. Is this sold here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by laluks (Post 1031855)
I saw a Toyota Estima on the road last week. Is this sold here?

Estima/Previa is very famous in the import market. Many import vehicle dealers will have atleast one on offer.
It's not sold by Toyota here.

First of all, this is a Daihatsu product rebadged and sold by Toyota as Avanza in markets other than Indonesia (In Indonesia it is sold as Daihatsu something!) . Its an ugly duckling, looking tall, specifically designed for APAC market like Indonesia, Malaysia and Philipines where moving people is main purpose not comforts.

Innova is a more refined highway cruiser/people mover with enough power. This Avanza initially came only with 1.3l and after complaints of underpowered, now upgraded to 1.5l. Believe it comes in this APAC region as a 7 seater. Not really for a market like India, I believe!

Wasn't the Avanza launched by Toyota first and then rebadged as Daihatsu Xenia?

If launched in the speculated price range, this would again attract the attention of all the taxi cabs companies / car rental companies looking for a feasible option to replace their fleet of Qualis.

People,

Lets get this straight. Toyota is not planning any launch of the Avanza. The only things that are happening during the time span of the remainder of this year and the end of 2009 are :

1. Toyota Innova facelift with some additional features like 6 CD changer in the top end version, clear headlamps, chrome inserts in the front grille etc.
2. Toyota Fortuner SUV.

Yes, there is also a small car being planned especially for the Indian markets but that will not be before 2010.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgmuser (Post 1032639)
First of all, this is a Daihatsu product rebadged and sold by Toyota as Avanza

Sorry, but NO. It's the other way around. Avanza is based on the same Innova/hilux platform. It's not a rebadged Daihatsu product. But a rebadged Toyota product in some countries.
And regarding the ugliness, it's better looking than a Qualis for me. Remember the criticism Qualis had regarding it's looks when it was launched here? But that didn't matter much in sales.
Avanza would sell well if launched in India with a good price tag.

The car looks almost the same as Innova, So if they need to get the advantage of a price cut, why cant the same 1.5 ltr engine be placed in the current innova

if you place 1.5L engine in the innova then bullock-carts will overtake it..

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 1031929)
Estima/Previa is very famous in the import market. Many import vehicle dealers will have atleast one on offer.
It's not sold by Toyota here.

The estima had stunning looks. I felt the GC was not enough, but had a great road presence.

Yesterday I saw a new SUV type of car, only got a glimpse of its back. It was very different from the ones available. Looked something like the one in this picture.

Toyota Avanza coming to India?-newtoyotampv.jpg

Could this be a New MPV from Toyota.

My friend seems to have spotted Avanza couple of times in Bangalore. I am sure he hasn't confused Innova for Avanza as he owns an Innova!