Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2008, 17:35   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Guys,

3. Fabia Combi - an Estate - 20 kg heavier than the hatch, a better ride, 1.9 TDi PD of the Laura. And, get this, estimated price of 7 lakhs!

Buddy, if they release the combi with the 1.9 Tdi @ 7 lakhs, i will basejump w/o a parachute from the top of Empire state ..

By the way the Combi with the above engine would be a killer for the Indian market . It is ubiquitous as the wifey's car a a lot of European markets.
Old 27th August 2008, 18:02   #17
BANNED

So can we expect the Fabia Sport 1.9PD much before October08? My guess it will be priced close to 14-15L on-road Bangalore,, this includes features like HIDs with washer, Cruise Control, Power seat adjustments, steering mounted Audio controls, Manual sunblind and all other extra features available on Laura L&K missed off Elegance.

If the above features are included, am dead sure Fabia Sport is gonna be a runaway success!!
Old 27th August 2008, 18:45   #18
BHPian

yes it will be ! and if the fabia combi 1.9 pd is for 7 lac, ill give away my fabia 1.4 tdi eleg n buy that...
Old 27th August 2008, 19:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

What would be worth is the vRS version with 1.9 tdi 130 hp, 300NM+ of torque. With fully loaded with all possible features one can think of including ESP, ASR.
Already have a Fabia 1.4 tdi elegance don't really miss the power of 1.9 tdi pd which is 105hp as just got it remapped from custom code ( petes). 100 to 105 hp with cold air intake and 240+NM of torque. Plus, 1.4 engine is lighter then the 1.9 tdi pd which is added advantage.
The only thing I miss is top end limit of 1.9 tdi.

If launched with 1.9 tdi VRS version will deffienately be worth and will get mine exchanged.

Cheers!
Old 27th August 2008, 19:14   #20
Team-BHP Support

getting the 1.9 105bhp engine remapped to 150bhp will be good. that will be a hot hatch and would be quicker than a peted getz.
Old 27th August 2008, 19:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I hate that stuff: enough to put me off the car completely.

Looks like if I'm going to get excited about anything there It'll have to be the combi, then.
Thad, maybe its not that bad.... Front spoiler + fog lights, boot spoiler, 'sunset glass', chromed exhaust, 3 spoke leather steering wheel, sport seats...
Old 28th August 2008, 00:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

i doubt fabia combi will cost less than 10 lacs atleast in bangalore
Old 28th August 2008, 00:24   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
i doubt fabia combi will cost less than 10 lacs atleast in bangalore
Well, with the 1.9PD it might well cost 10L OTR (for an elegance trim).

But why PD? I wish it is the Octavia's 1.9 TDI.
Old 28th August 2008, 01:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

I think its the base model of the deisel combi that will cost 7 lakh ex showroom
If that's true, it will be a good enough deal.

But very true
It shouldn't come with PD but with TDi or like CRDi ( Like A4 New has )
Old 28th August 2008, 09:23   #25
Team-BHP Support

My guess the Combi will stretch the Fabia into the space occupied by the Octavia
Old 28th August 2008, 09:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

Get the 1.9 vRS 130hp.. With remap n other changes expect to hit anywhere from 170 to 190hp. Now thats one hot hatch.
As for the combi i feel they wil put in the same 1.9 tdi from octavia.
Old 28th August 2008, 10:50   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Guys,

Came across this nice cover article in the Aug 31st issue of Autobild India.
Me thinks that either Autobild or Skoda have been smoking some pretty heavy stuff. Look, any manufacturer can launch a car. How many can make it a success? The Fabia's three major customer deterrents have been:

1. Over-optimistic pricing
2. Lousy engines
3. High cost of ownership (expectedly).

Now, if the 1.4 Fabia retails for well over 8 lakh rupees, I shudder to think of the 1.9 TDi's affordability. Sure, it will be powerful. But at what price? Will the market be ready to bite?

Quote:
Fabia Greenline - the currrent 1.4 TDi PD tweaked to 24.4 Kmpl through tuning, underbody aerodynamics, weight reduction
Translated, detuning for even lesser power than it currently churns out. And weight reduction = lower equipment level.
Old 28th August 2008, 12:49   #28
BHPian

Skoda = Extortionists

Right on GTO. I've always said that Skoda understands extortion far better than the Indian consumer.

There is NO reason under the sun that Skoda needs to increase the prices of it's already overpriced Hatchback, especially when they are lightening and optimizing an existing platform.

What they have done, very artfully, is paid large sums of money to magazines like ACI and ABI to provide "features" on their products and news bits like "Skoda's selling better than expectations", when infact, they are only now meeting their monthly sales targets.

Its not that they don't have competent products. It's that they chose to overprice their products on the basis of superior quality, when infact, they are selling better built, underpowered, relatively thirsty and overpriced products to the Indian consumer, hungry for the impression of German build.

If it weren't for the fuel efficiency of the VW 1.9 Tdi that built it's goodwill in India, Skoda would have folded up a long time ago. They need to learn from Maruti, a case of brand/ marketing brilliance in India.

Last edited by Screwdriva : 28th August 2008 at 13:04.
Old 28th August 2008, 16:34   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Me thinks that either Autobild or Skoda have been smoking some pretty heavy stuff. Look, any manufacturer can launch a car. How many can make it a success? The Fabia's three major customer deterrents have been:

1. Over-optimistic pricing
2. Lousy engines
3. High cost of ownership (expectedly).

Now, if the 1.4 Fabia retails for well over 8 lakh rupees, I shudder to think of the 1.9 TDi's affordability. Sure, it will be powerful. But at what price? Will the market be ready to bite?

Translated, detuning for even lesser power than it currently churns out. And weight reduction = lower equipment level.
I think Fabia is selling quite well! i have seen quite a few now in Noida and Noida is not really such a big place! Most of them were Diesels I guess.
ACI also seems to think it is a success in India (read it in last month's issue)
Old 28th August 2008, 16:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hope the pricing will be right. If they put it as current Fabia, then I'am sure there might be very negligible takers as by that time, many other cars would have rolled out with good FE including our Nano and Bajaj's 1.5L car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks