Team-BHP - SCOOP PICS : Toyota Yaris hatch caught testing!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   SCOOP PICS : Toyota Yaris hatch caught testing! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/43576-scoop-pics-toyota-yaris-hatch-caught-testing.html)

Mods - Please RENAME this THREAD to "WITH PICS"
(tried to watermark them)

Spotted the car between Bommanahalli to Electronic City, Bangalore - 5-Aug-2008 tusday Morning. It was a diesel and spewed a bit of smoke while revving away from me...

The car had two South-East Asian Origin (Japnese - Trying to be politically Correct) gentlemen sitting at the back seat with a laptop, Indian Driver at the front. All 3 were not too comfortable with me and my friend clicking away these pics...

Enjoy....

Thats indeed Toyota Yaris hatch !!!

I wonder if this car is really coming to India. I feel that they are just testing the diesel motor for hot wheather testing.

If its coming its good.
With those covers on haadlights, the car was looking a bit lazy and sleeping to me. The indicators are not visible with those " sleepy " covers on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by svsantosh (Post 927696)
Mods - Please RENAME this THREAD to "WITH PICS"
(tried to watermark them)

Spotted the car between Bommanahalli to Electronic City, Bangalore - 5-Aug-2008 tusday Morning. It was a diesel and spewed a bit of smoke while revving away from me...

The car had two South-East Asian Origin (Japnese - Trying to be politically Correct) gentlemen sitting at the back seat with a laptop, Indian Driver at the front. All 3 were not too comfortable with me and my friend clicking away these pics...

Enjoy....

svsanthosh should be deemed as the Official Spotter for BLR in Team-BHP;
Great Find buddy!

Yaris will best fit here & if its Diesel then its gonna Rock.

Get it here Toyota!

This indeed is Yaris hatch. I have seen a lot of these in US. Hope this is Toyota's small car.

This cannot be the proposed TOYOTA SMALL CAR, but exactly the Toyota Yaris. It will be positioned in Swift category or higher I believe.
Very good scoop. Magazines will go mad seeing these.

It might be on the Yaris platform, a completely new designed car for india. They have already started localizing the interior & functional parts (same as they did for Innova). IMO, we can expect the price range to be in Swift category maybe slightly higher as the brand name carries weight.

Before it is too late, do a proper watermarking 'over the car' or these photos will be pilfered.

Pradeep

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 927811)
It might be on the Yaris platform, a completely new designed car for india. They have already started localizing the interior & functional parts (same as they did for Innova). IMO, we can expect the price range to be in Swift category maybe slightly higher as the brand name carries weight.

So it is a made-for-India Yaris with a diesel engine. When is it expected to hit the market? MSIL must be having sleepless nights..

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaserQ (Post 927909)
So it is a made-for-India Yaris with a diesel engine. When is it expected to hit the market? MSIL must be having sleepless nights..

AFAIK, expect that to be in Q4-2009 or Q1-2010. They do many trial runs of prototypes (testing in various terrians) and manufcturing trial runs etc hence it may take a little longer unlike Qualis where they did only manufacturng trials

Great find SVC. Nice pics, the white colored one looks pretty good

Good catch dude. Looks like the giant is beginning to wake from its slumber.

Good Car... My friend has the same car in Australia....

Last week there was news from Toyota about starting the production of small cars in Bangalore. Is this in the list? May be premium hatch back list?